I cannot believe I am saying this... but I am now a Sean O'malley fan...

I've been saying he was champ material for years and I never understood the O'Malley hate. "Ya but he got pink hair and shyt herpa derp".

I'm not. He lost me on level one with the colors. But I will always respect what he's done in the cage. He already far exceeded my expectations (even if I'm one of those "30-27 Yan" guys), and he's probably already a HOF'er, considering his star power.

I hated the kid when I saw he was becoming Dana's pet but he has proven himself as a fighter. Don't wanna hear him speak but will definitely watch his fights.

OP: I don't always root for front runners; but when I do, I do!!

LOL

I guess we are sharing our O'Malley feelings.

He is definitely running in front these days..

I do look forward to his fights as well.

He has had some help from the UFC... But the other side of the coin is that he continues to WIN, and that means he has earned that front running position.

But on fight night? Just like Jones... I just want to see him dragged into the deep water and forced to fight for his life... That's what my money is hopefully paying for.... Not a fan crush.

He needs to prove, he's willing to be a good active champ if he wants my respect.

I think as he grows up he's becoming slightly less obnoxious. He's clearly a talented fighter. I've come around on him too.

He took the belt from one of the least liked champions in the history of the UFC.
So kind of like Holly Holmesque gratitude here

From the way he handled Aljo... who I was SERIOUSLY rooting for, to then listening to his most recent podcast with Rogan and Tim Welch... I have to say I am now a fan of this dude. Yeah, his whole look is cringe, but man... I have massive respect for how he thinks and his skills in the cage... unlike Adesanya, he doesn't say stupid, weird shit...

Back