I cannot believe I am saying this... but I am now a Sean O'malley fan...

motivman

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
From the way he handled Aljo... who I was SERIOUSLY rooting for, to then listening to his most recent podcast with Rogan and Tim Welch... I have to say I am now a fan of this dude. Yeah, his whole look is cringe, but man... I have massive respect for how he thinks and his skills in the cage... unlike Adesanya, he doesn't say stupid, weird shit...

From the way he handled Aljo... who I was SERIOUSLY rooting for, to then listening to his most recent podcast with Rogan and Tim Welch... I have to say I am now a fan of this dude. Yeah, his whole look is cringe, but man... I have massive respect for how he thinks and his skills in the cage... unlike Adesanya, he doesn't say stupid, weird shit...
What did Sean say? Give us some examples please.

Ya he's the man

die-hard-welcome-to-the-party.gif

well i mean what choice do i have left he's obviously the GOAT and an ultimate boss monster i never expected this what happened man what happened

I've liked him since day one in the UFC. Pretty sure I made a thread after his first fight that he'd be a champion in a few years because he just has "it".

Mods - can we not search our past created threads anymore? When I search my "find all threads" I just get this message: The search could not be completed. Please try again later.

Been like this for a while now.

I hate to admit, but I'm with you on this.

He handled the win professionally, unemotionally, and stoically.

Never thought I'd say this ... dude may be maturing ....

I mean the guy comes to fight, why wouldn’t you be a fan? Say what you want about the guy but if he’s up you’re not going outside for a smoke break.
Thats what I was trying to convey. Separate the persona real or fake from the fighter. I'm a big fan of his unpredictable striking.

I'm a fan too...he grew on me.

The look is still cringe, but whatever. The in-cage performances, self-awareness, business sense, the calculated smack talk and antics that are balanced by not hiding how he really feels and the respect he has for fighters...I like it all and I think he is very good for the UFC and the sport.

Well he’s extremely badass, so…

Once in a lifetime does not apply to Sean O'Malley, it's once ever in human history.

Don't worry OP, I respect his skills and had him winning Yan & Aljo which was no surprise to me.
Yes he looks like a complete dumbass with his look but fuck it, he brings it so who gives a fuck.

Back