I cannot believe I am saying this... but I am now a Sean O'malley fan...

It’s easy to be a Sean O’Malley fan when one doesn’t pay attention to (the majority of) the ** media put out by/about the fighters.

Kid’s a stud; albeit a bit awkward/goofy.

I mean it you enjoy the art of combat then yeah, he realistically should be respected by most fans. Give me O'Malley over the likes of Colby or Aljo any day.

He looks goofy, keeps dubious company, and caters to a pretty retarded audience.

However, he does hold some pretty rational views on the state of MMA divisions/managing his career.

It should go without saying that anyone who enjoys exciting MMA should be a fan of his fights at this point.

O'malley, he looks like a clown and rubs me the wrong way with his millenial bullshit, but I don't hate him.

Adesanya on the other hand... Can't stand that dude. What an insufferable douche. Fuck no. Never. I just can't

Well, many of the reasons people hated O'Malley became deflated in time:

1) He was being protected against cans and given favorable matchups - Well he got Munhoz, Yan, and then Aljo.
2) He was a hype job that wasn't very good - He beat Yan (albeit controversially) and convincingly dispatched Aljo for the title.
3) He was brittle and would fold under pressure - Again, has appeared resilient even in a drawn-out war with Yan and hasn't had an injury in years despite being fairly active and kicking a bunch.
4) He was was sore loser and excuse maker - People didn't like he said he thought the Chito loss was a fluke, but since then has appeared gallant in victory.

There's weird people that have an issue with his open relationship, or his colorful stoner gimmick. But the guy has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he is elite.

Last edited:
From the way he handled Aljo... who I was SERIOUSLY rooting for, to then listening to his most recent podcast with Rogan and Tim Welch... I have to say I am now a fan of this dude. Yeah, his whole look is cringe, but man... I have massive respect for how he thinks and his skills in the cage... unlike Adesanya, he doesn't say stupid, weird shit...

"He doesn't say stupid weird shit"

What, like when he said he was gonna start doing heroin to prove only weak people get addicted?

Yeah, that's not stupid and weird at all sir.

Crazy. Right after he became a world champion everyone likes him now. I wonder if the same thing happened with Strickland.
Nah Strickland was liked pretty well before becoming champ. A lot of times fighters go from bum to GOAT after winning a belt tho lol. I think people's opinions on Strickland as a fighter have changed but as a person most people were rooting for him.

I used to be a hater but Sean has indeed proven himself, talked the talk and walked the walk. Can't disrespect that.

I mean the guy comes to fight, why wouldn’t you be a fan? Say what you want about the guy but if he’s up you’re not going outside for a smoke break.

The dude has a tattoo of takeshi 6 9 on him which he let him do himself even after he was proven to a paedophile snitch. I’ve always thought O’Malley was good to listen to, he seems very reasonable and grounded, but yeah, there’s stuff out there that makes it hard to be a fan and endorse him as a person.

I am fine with him, I no longer watch fighter interviews or any of the embedded stuff, only the fights now solely. The only remarks I hear are the in-octagon interviews just as the fight is over. Much better that way for me. He is more exciting to watch than Sterling.

I've liked him since day one in the UFC. Pretty sure I made a thread after his first fight that he'd be a champion in a few years because he just has "it".

Mods - can we not search our past created threads anymore? When I search my "find all threads" I just get this message: The search could not be completed. Please try again later.

Been like this for a while now.

Yeah its been like that several years. Suspect likepocalypse killed the feature cause old threads would show old deleted likes that were deleted.

How I would search for your thread and how I used to back in the day is simply google your username and the topic. This is how I found sherdog back in the 2000s.

I only root for winners. The moment they start to lose, I stop rooting for them.

Back