I, as a McG fan, am starting to worry

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kaiserjuan, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Prex32

Prex32 Black Belt

and you will keep huging his nuts

Fight To Win likes this.
  2. Hoop

Hoop Black Belt

I agree. I think Conor will win on account of the longer training camp, preparation and Diaz underestimating his power. Nobody knows for sure what Diaz was doing - we know he wasn't preparing for a fight. Dana saying he had been training for a triathlon makes me worried that he's being doing absolutely nothing and this'll be a calamity of a fight.

It's more of a win-win for Diaz. If he loses he gets a big pay day, same as if he wins. Conor gets a big pay day as well. If he wins, Diaz on a short to no camp will be mentioned as much as the Mendes fight, but it might open the door for Diaz sr's first fight back from suspension. If Conor KOs him early, the UFC, Dana and Rogan will use it in their pre-fight hype speeches before the next Conor fight.

I couldn't see a way that they'd fight anytime soon with a full camp, unless Conor lost to dos Anjos and they matched them both up then. Like Mendes, if this was a Fight Night card in Kansas and he was asked to fill in, he probably wouldn't.

At the same time, you can't blame them for stepping in, but as a fan you want to see both of them at their best. But we'll see.

Fight To Win likes this.
  3. Gluhov

Gluhov Black Belt

Nate and nicks weakness has always been movement. Just see how bad josh thompson destroyed him. Thompson isnt even that great a striker.

4. crxer

crxer Green Belt

I saw diaz doing some mitt works his cardio seems on point too.

5. ShoopNazi

ShoopNazi Purple Belt

Short camp Diaz gets ko'd in the 1st.
    Full camp Diaz gets ko'd in the 3rd.

-Butterbean, 1814

6. RedSoul

RedSoul Invisible Belt

I think what you're describing here might be a big part of what makes it fun for a lot of people :D

Sgt Smith and Fight Professor like this.
  7. Mac the Cat

Mac the Cat Orange Belt

Well, I'm not even a Conor fan but nor do I dislike him either. I'm just stating facts and how this will play out in the future. Trust me: he will become a two weight champion and there isn't really anything that's going to stop that whether people like it or not. His path is being paved and he will make that 100 million.

8. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

Of course you are. Trying to sneak your way into the group now, eh, you bandwagon jumper?

Filthy casuals...

9. Dutchman101

Dutchman101 Purple Belt

Conor doesn't has to think that it will be an easy fight. An upset can easily happen. Nate dangerous just because hasn't much to loose.

10. BRASIL WAND

BRASIL WAND ▓▓▓AMERICAN TOP TEAM▓▓▓

Nah man, I've made a thread on this already.

I want the RDA fight to happen.

Unlike you who took refuge with Conor trolls after you "GOATs" Weidman and Ronda were beat to a pulp;)

CatchnShoot likes this.
  11. Flabby 6 pack

Flabby 6 pack Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

What, Mcgregor was close to getting knocked out by Poirier, did they fight another time i am unaware of?

12. The XL

The XL Brown Belt

Conor isn't going to be cutting angles and throwing kicks like that. Thompson also had the threat of the takedown. McGregor also has to be very careful about throwing kicks at all, if Diaz catches one and gets him down, he's likely to sub Conor.

13. 12ga.

12ga. Silver Belt

No it;s not obvious. They should jump in. You fight Conor it's life changing money thats reason alone. I'd jump in there with him for an ass whoppin on zero days notice. Not only that you do it out of weight class which changes your ranking none whatsoever in your weight class. Finally you earn Dana's respect for saving card.

Win win win even if you lose.

Only thing you hurt is your ego.

Conor is actually the crazy one. He gains money fighting nate but is already rich as fuck. And since it's a fight and anything can happen he could lose and lose his shot at RDA which he was already set for. And fans/dana make him go back to 145 instead of shot at history.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  14. 3betUSA

3betUSA Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Id like no better than for nate to pull guard and latch on to a triangle. Stand up and yell gracie jui jitsu

15. Rubberneck76

Rubberneck76 Alizée Belt Platinum Member

Why the fuck are you worried? You're not the one getting in the cage with either of those guys. If anyone should be worried it should be those two. A Conor win or loss should have little to no impact on your life. You have nothing to worry about. Regardless of the outcome you're not getting your hand raised on the 5th.

16. linvillegorge

linvillegorge Silver Belt

Jeremy Stephens absolutely starched the current LW champ and he now fights at FW.

fonzob1 likes this.
  17. machidafan99

machidafan99 Silver Belt

The OP is a sensible Conor fan. Nate is no joke.

18. CatchnShoot

CatchnShoot Black Belt

If this fight worries you as a McGregor fan, you maybe need to go outside an run a bit. Get away from the computer/tv screen, because your emotional tie to the personality is clouding your objective reasoning.

Honestly, this is as close to a scripted outcome as you'll find in the modern day UFC.

This is a squash match, and Nate should be around +1200, and not the +345 he's currently sitting at.

I hope it turns out to be a decent scrap, but I wouldn't plan my night around it.

19. CatchnShoot

CatchnShoot Black Belt

Yeah, that's why the fight's @ 170lbs right?

20. jamiehunter

jamiehunter Brown Belt

I think it mostly depends on whether Nate has been training prior to RDA dropping out. If he has then I favor him.