I am going to blog about returning to Brazil

Yeah I see Moz all over the place down here and have gotten to train with him a bunch... he comes to CR, I see him at the gym, I see him out to eat.. Pretty popular guy, EVERYBODY asks me if I know him.

EDIT: I think i actually wrote about him in my last post and linked his blog as well

Moz is a Combat Base guy here in the UK and competed against someone from my gym three years ago. I strolled into CR during his first stay and he was on the mats, small world.

I'm really considering training at Checkmat after reading your blogs. It's either there or Nova Uniao, both would be amazing I'm sure and they both have the benefit of being built into a gym so I can lift.

Actually one thing I forgot to ask, are any of the 4x per day sessions nogi at Checkmat?

You should try camacho's down in the little shopping area. Its the 24hr bar/restaurant.

chicken rice, beans, fries.

Have you trained with abullah?

We've eaten at Camacho's so much, I can't stomach the thought anymore. I don't know an Abullah.

New blog post up

He means Nabas, the brown belt from Jordan

Ah yeah Nabas!! I have trained in the same class, but never trained with him. He trains at Gordos where I only dropped in, and Im at Checkmat. Nabas is super quiet and keeps mostly to himself. I really only see him when he is taking a smoke break in the garden.

Ah yeah Nabas!! I have trained in the same class, but never trained with him. He trains at Gordos where I only dropped in, and Im at Checkmat. Nabas is super quiet and keeps mostly to himself. I really only see him when he is taking a smoke break in the garden.

still smoking? he said he was not going to like a few years back...lol

He means Nabas, the brown belt from Jordan

does everyone still call him da boss?

Last edited:
God damnit I wish I had thought to call him da boss.

I previously stayed in Santos to live and train for 6 months, and I got a ton of questions about how I set up and financed the trip. I've yet to see a blog where anyone really breaks down and tracks their spending habits, so I am going to attempt to do that in my own.

This blog will be less about me personally with NO pain staking self promotion, and more about the gringo/Brazilian experience, what goes on day to day, costs, things to do, tips for traveling, etc.

I've started it now to track the preparation before I return (this time for only 6 weeks) but the bulk of the updating will be done in the summertime when I am in Rio with Connection Rio.

I hope this will help others plan similar trips and encourage more people to go to Brazil, because there is really nothing like it.

https://kennycrybaby.wordpress.com/

Awesome I'm planning on living in Brazil for 3 months next year to train and surf. I'm having issues deciding where i'd want to train that is also close to good surfing, without it being ridiculously crowded.

Back