I am going to blog about returning to Brazil

Hey, i assume you have stayed at Cavaca's gym when you were in Santos, right?

Do you have a blog for the time you where here in Santos? Maybe we've seen each other or even rolled together, haha

Hey, i assume you have stayed at Cavaca's gym when you were in Santos, right?

Do you have a blog for the time you where here in Santos? Maybe we've seen each other or even rolled together, haha

I didn't record anything while I was at Cavaca's. The only other gringo I rolled with while I was there was Alex Trans.

Hey Kenny, it's Dallas from Lovato's... we went out to eat together and trained some while you were here. I'll be competing at the Rio Open and staying at Connection Rio with my buddy Darragh O'Conaill from Ireland for a couple of weeks. We are def down to go around with you and train all over man. I'm stoked to catch up.

Awesome, it'll be good to see some familiar faces!

Hey Kenny, it's Dallas from Lovato's... we went out to eat together and trained some while you were here. I'll be competing at the Rio Open and staying at Connection Rio with my buddy Darragh O'Conaill from Ireland for a couple of weeks. We are def down to go around with you and train all over man. I'm stoked to catch up.

I'll also be down there competing at the Rio Open :)

I'm here now, by the way. I'm trying to document things as best as I can.

By the way, in regard to the earlier conversation in this thread, I did NOT get fined upon reenrty. I don't know if it was because it was five years ago, or because I got a new passport AND visa, but I passed through customs nice and easy, which is awesome because I owed like 500 bucks or something.

Oh whoops haha. I still doubt we rolled together, because Bruninho and Michelle were the only ones that really spoke English while I was there.

Could have been me you rolled with, Giovanefugazza. I was there at some point when Kenny was in Rio, from what Renato told and Brun

Wait... I kind of remember that I think. I remember when I was gone one time, someone stayed in my apartment/room/bed. Was that you? Small world.

Giovanefugazza- Post a picture or something so I can see if I remember you!

Anyways, updated the blog.

Updated again about going to the favelas and training at Terere's academy.

Updated about training with Terere and how training is structured at Checkmat

Were there any beginners in Terere's class, or was it mainly more advanced people?

One or two white/blue belts. Also some very advanced teens (orange belt). And a brown belt and maybe a purple belt. That's NOT counting gringos, only his own students.

One or two white/blue belts. Also some very advanced teens (orange belt). And a brown belt and maybe a purple belt. That's NOT counting gringos, only his own students.

Cool cool. I like that methodology- teaching with drills and movements rather than positions all the time. I'm curious how the n00bz did with it. Probably pretty well, if that's what they're used to.

Did you meet Moz? He's living in Cantagalo and training at Terere's right now. English dude, purple belt, farts a lot and listens to hip hop.

Yeah I see Moz all over the place down here and have gotten to train with him a bunch... he comes to CR, I see him at the gym, I see him out to eat.. Pretty popular guy, EVERYBODY asks me if I know him.

EDIT: I think i actually wrote about him in my last post and linked his blog as well

Thank you for the blog- it's a very entertaining read!

I especially liked reading about training at Terere's!

Back