I am afraid doing bent over rows

D1S0RD3R

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Last week I was totally stoned and I spent my precious money in weight lifting shit.
I

keep your back straight.
Start with light weights, and increase as you get stronger.

Don't be scared they wont bite, even though being stoned weeks on end might cause you to see teeth.

Start lifting the weights.
Stop smoking the shit.

i love bent over rows, it dont even train your lower back so not sure how ur gona hurt it.

FCFighter316 said:
whoa i didn't even check that, yea that guy is curving his lower back

You're terrible for this forum. Last thread I saw you in, you were supporting advice for bodybuilding here, which is a no-no. Now you're insulting posters here while dispensing poor advice? Good grief.

As far as the original post... I like to stabilize my upper body by resting my forehead on a preacher bench when I do bent rows. I don't think that's common practice, but it works for me. As always, start light and work up gradually. Any exercise can be dangerous, done improperly and/or with too much weight.

man i only use exrx.net for reference if i dont know a term or anything. other than that you can find much better resources

bent rows are one of my favorite exercises. they don't have to be really heavy to be effective. just use good form. but you will be packing on the weight and armpit muscle in no time with that exercise. you can very your grip to hit different parts of the back.. i quit rows for pull ups tho

Many people have may ways of doing bent-over rows. I don't like bending at 90 degrees, it makes you unstable and the second half of the range of motion (near chest) is alot harder than the first half. I find that this makes my form degrade and after a few reps, the range of motion is a lot shorter, which makes hard to determine what counts as a rep and what doesn't.
The way I prefer doing them is first you deadlift the weight then lean forward a little, about 20 degrees. Row with the elbows in close to the body. It allows you to use heavier weights and if you think it doesn't work as well, just try.

If you do them this way, it your back shouldn't run the risk of being injured. If you're still affraid after that then you're just being irrational, to be polite.

Keep your back straight, develop your core and you'll be fine.

D1S0RD3R said:
Last week I was totally stoned and I spent my precious money in weight lifting shit.
I

FCFighter316 said:
1) my bad i didn't know that site gave pics of bad form, it was just the first site to pop into my head.
2) fuck you
3) i dont give advice on bbing since i know nothing about it
4) you must look like an idiot doing that

you look like enough of a jackass without numbering everything like an idiot

FCFighter316 said:
1) my bad i didn't know that site gave pics of bad form, it was just the first site to pop into my head.
Right, we agree your post sucked.

FCFighter316 said:
2) fuck you
Gee, that seems kinda harsh. I'm just trying to help you realize that you suck at posting here.

FCFighter316 said:
3) i dont give advice on bbing since i know nothing about it
From the chest-building thread that Urban locked down because it was about bb'ing, I said:
Cmart said:
Read the stickies, dude. This is strength and power, and we don't hand out advice on how to make pretty display stands for your nipples.
your response:
FCFighter316 said:
actually you do, im your proof!
and a few lines later:
FCFighter316 said:
heres a start, get RID of flyes

FCFighter316 said:
4) you must look like an idiot doing that
See, the thing is, I don't care about my appearance in the gym. I care about results. That is the difference between us, apparently, although it seems you are reluctant to admit it. Once again, I think you meant to go here:

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/homepage.do

...not a forum like this where people want to talk about performance.

Yeah, just start low weight, get the form down and build up.

it won't kill you even if you fail spectacularly, unlike say bench press, which without a spotter, can become scary quick

Fuck that guy's lowering the weight to the fucking floor.

i was worried about my lower back too so i added good mornings to my routine

dont quit smoking weed

Back