hypocritical to insult Bellator about Kimbo vs Dada, but not talk bad about UFC setting up CM Punk

People are talking negatively about Punk getting a shot in the UFC all the time so this isn't thread worthy if just a few people have done differently.

That said I'd bet my house on that Punk doesn't look worse than Dada 5000. Not due to confidence in Punk but because it's pretty impossible to look worse than Dada if you've trained seriously for over a year. Then again Punk has a much better technical opponent than Dada had.

Kimbo and Dada5000 have actually been in fights before. There is nothing disgraceful about the matchmaking. Monday morning quarterbacks are only talking shit because they have the results in hand. But both of those guys have history in the fight game. CM Punk has private jujitsu lessons.
If you think people are only complaining about the quality of that fight after it took place you must have hidden under a rock deep in the woods for a while.

If you think people are only complaining about the quality of that fight after it took place you must have hidden under a rock deep in the woods for a while.
I don't think that. If you were capable of reading that would have been clear. But glad I straightened that out for you.

In fairness to Bellator the Friday night was not reaaly billed as a true authentic mma fight they billed it as a beef from the Miami streets between Kimbo and the recalled Dada 5000. The fight between Gracie & Shamrock should've never happened for people who may causally passed by while channel surfing put mma back 15yrs.

Bellator is much better than that and as a real chance for being the next avenue from the UFC but shows like Friday night could truly harm their reputation and credibility.

The UFC went thru this already with Kimbo and Houston Alexander. CM Punk isn't likely to gas like that anyway.

I don't think that. If you were capable of reading that would have been clear. But glad I straightened that out for you.
You certainly didn't. The only thing relevant to having the results in hand is how bad the fight was in quality (going from strong suspicion to proof). The match making, regarding their experience as you mentioned, has no relation whatsoever to having seen the fight or not.

Relax. Cm punk is not gonna fight.

Ever..

I don't see the big deal about Punk debuting to fight a low ranked fighter like Gall. It's not like Brock who fought Mir right away. If CM headlines or Co-headlines, then yes it would be a joke. But if he looks good, then some of that will be alleviated

How will CM Punk even get sanctioned to fight a pro fight with zero experience?

Lol. Tons of people talk about how stupid it is to sign a 0-0 celebrity to the top mma organization.

Well, Punk hasn't fought yet, and I think with the display those bums put on, that Dana might be a little more hesitant to put Punk in the cage on PPV.

The ridiculous thing is how long he's taking. I mean he's a career "sports entertainer," so he should already be in good shape. It shouldn't take that long to learn technique... It's mostly a mental thing I think. They call him a UFC fighter, but It's been a year and a half, and he still hasn't fought. He's been saying that he feels great, and he's finally ready to fight, buy then as soon as he has an opponent (and a potentially dangerous one) he suddenly needs back surgery RIGHT NOW! I dunno. The whole thing is sketchy.

It still wasn't bad matchmaking.

I agree but there was always a risk that this fight could end up being like it did. It may have made Bellator money in the short run but I am sure this was quite horrible for their reputation and could hurt them in the long run.

That fight almost seemed like it was staged. It was brutally horrible. I'm pretty sure Kimbo knows what to do in full mount and the fact that he gave it up so easily......
It wouldn't make sense for THAT to be staged lmfao.

If kimbo was going to win a staged fight anyways he wouldnt give up mount then win later since nothing exciting happened.....if it wss staged it would have looked a lot better haha

The ridiculous thing is how long he's taking. I mean he's a career "sports entertainer," so he should already be in good shape. It shouldn't take that long to learn technique... It's mostly a mental thing I think. They call him a UFC fighter, but It's been a year and a half, and he still hasn't fought. He's been saying that he feels great, and he's finally ready to fight, buy then as soon as he has an opponent (and a potentially dangerous one) he suddenly needs back surgery RIGHT NOW! I dunno. The whole thing is sketchy.

Punk will dodge fighting, until he's cut. Then he'll blame it all on the politics of the UFC.

I think you can only legitimately complain about Punk if he ever actually fights in the UFC, which seems increasingly less likely.

Nah, the point is he could if he wanted to, and the ufc for years mocked Pride for its "freak show fights," making the whole CM Punk thing repugnant.

nobody likes CM Punk in the UFC that I know of.

Back