Hype trains you expect to crash soon?

Who has a lot of hype behind them right now that you expect will end soon?

For me...

I agree about O'Malley and Zabit.
Sean O’Malley: UFC is big time trying to push this kid but I just don’t see it. I don’t think he has the skills to be elite and haven’t been very impressed by anything I’ve seen. His string of drug test failings also are already putting a damper on him.

Johnny Walker: Dude is explosive and flashy but I just don’t see his style working against the very top of the division.

Zabit Magomedsharipov: He’s got skills but I feel like he has some cardio issues that are going to bite him in the ass as he climbs the ladder and potentially starts taking 5 round main event fights.

Whittaker, Stipe (whatever's left of it), Johnny Walker, and Colby (by either Lawler or Usman).

Tatiana suarez

Cosign. She's good but they need to stop comparing her to Khabib. She doesn't get past Joanna, Rose and Jessica. Shit, Waterson would be a tough fight for her. Nina was piecing her up in the 3rd in their fight. If Nina hadn't been so worried about the TD the majority of the fight and just let her offense go, she could've beaten her. Tatiana's striking is as rudimentary as Ronda's.

Last edited:
Hoping Colby gets finished by Lawler. Not because I hate Colby or anything, but because I'd love to see Lawler get another shot at the belt.

The O'Malley hype train been ended, kid is nothing special just flashy. Zabit is legit but he'll only be future champ if he fixes his cardio.

Jon Jones.

It was supposed to derail when he met Ryan Bader. However, he cheated and won. I can guarantee that his hype train will derail for good against Bader in a rematch. Without his pills, Jones is basically a poor man's OSP.

Ortega, despite being derailed by Max, is still seen as a hype train. UFC still throwing him on modelo commercials.
I'm 100% sure Modelo made Ortega their boy.

After using Stipe to fill in the quota, I can guarantee that they're never going to make a Caucasian, black, yellow, or even a Brazilian their guy again. Those racists only want Mexicans and only Mexicans.

Ortega, despite being derailed by Max, is still seen as a hype train. UFC still throwing him on modelo commercials.

So, you think the UFC is behind hiring him for Modelo commercials. I don't think you know how this works.

Colby Covington :(
Daniel Cormier
Adesanya
Khabib Normagomedov
Jorge Masvidal
GDR
Jessica Andrade

Considering even champs and top contenders can be "hype trains" on Sherdog:

DC
Jones
Whittaker
Usman
Khabib
Holloway
Cejudo
Nunes
Shevchenko
Andrade

israel, zhang sung and suarez

Costa, his little lab of doctors is gonna get really busted...

I don't think Zabit has what it takes to be a champ right now unless he does serious work on his cardio, but that said just because a guy doesn't become champ doesn't mean his hype crashes.

Who has a lot of hype behind them right now that you expect will end soon?

For me...

Sean O’Malley: UFC is big time trying to push this kid but I just don’t see it. I don’t think he has the skills to be elite and haven’t been very impressed by anything I’ve seen. His string of drug test failings also are already putting a damper on him.

Johnny Walker: Dude is explosive and flashy but I just don’t see his style working against the very top of the division.

Zabit Magomedsharipov: He’s got skills but I feel like he has some cardio issues that are going to bite him in the ass as he climbs the ladder and potentially starts taking 5 round main event fights.

Good choices. I loathe that suga sean clown so I hope he gets brutally beaten down. Zabit is another "Russian" hype job. Walker has already been finished 2x by KO/TKO I think his chin is a little suspect.

Back