Hype trains you expect to crash soon?

Zabit, Masvidal, Khabib and Usman seem like bubbles about to be burst. Israel might be there, but I feel like his hype kind of matches his accomplishments + I don't think you can really derail him even if he loses a couple. At 185, 205 and HW - the talent pool's thinner, so a guy like Izzy could stay relevant and dangerous for quite a while despite some setbacks. Rockhold, Silva and Weidman, for example, have had abysmal past few years, yet they are still relevant and can main event.

I think Max got derailed a little post Doostin. Volkan got derailed, too. Cody's just steamed right off a cliff. Marlon's did, too, post Henry. There have been a couple in recent memory, but... as we've seen with Cowboy and Masvidal - it only takes a couple to get back in the sunlight.

Who has a lot of hype behind them right now that you expect will end soon?

For me...

Sean O’Malley: UFC is big time trying to push this kid but I just don’t see it. I don’t think he has the skills to be elite and haven’t been very impressed by anything I’ve seen. His string of drug test failings also are already putting a damper on him.

Johnny Walker: Dude is explosive and flashy but I just don’t see his style working against the very top of the division.

Zabit Magomedsharipov: He’s got skills but I feel like he has some cardio issues that are going to bite him in the ass as he climbs the ladder and potentially starts taking 5 round main event fights.
Israel, Masvidal, Tatiana and Walker

Israel Adesanya
Petr Yan
Sean O'Malley
Greg Hardy

Cosign. She's good but they need to stop comparing her to Khabib. She doesn't get past Joanna, Rose and Jessica. Shit, Waterson would be a tough fight for her. Nina was piecing her up in the 3rd in their fight. If Nina hadn't been so worried about the TD the majority of the fight and just let her offense go, she could've beaten her. Tatiana's striking is as rudimentary as Ronda's.
Rose and Joana are pretty done.. Rose will stay retired until she's broke, she's with Pat so bound to happen, he needs to widen that garden.. and get an industrial carbon air filter. Tatiana vs Jessica is, how to you take a fire hydrant down? No idea on that one. Rose vs Andrade... When I first realized Usada is playing games even before the fight I discussed this in a pm. Besides the whole let's turn Jon snitch pico thing. lol.

Consider this, every sport ESPN covers, the players are allowed (tipped off twice a year per collective bargaining agreement) to take steroids. Usada will do what they're told. Especially in this era. How they pick and choose who to bust, those who are too ambitious and ask for too much money and pissed off too many people. (TJ, who pissed off TAM) Another connection between Uriah and Dana. in my crazy opinions.

Last edited:
excellent call on johnny walker and zabit i am afraid

Colby Covington :(
Daniel Cormier
Adesanya
Khabib Normagomedov
Jorge Masvidal
GDR
Jessica Andrade

Colby: I agree. Lawler will be too much.
Cormier: I disagree. Stipe chin is done.
Adesanya: I agree.
Khabib Normagomedov: No way. Khabib is goat of all.
Jorge Masvidal: He has losses. Any fighter that grapples him will wreck him. I think Usman will get it done.
GDR: I agree. Nunes will wreck her.
Jessica Andrade: I agree. Someone with an iron chin and good cardio will wreck her.

Askrens hype train already crashed but I see a few more brutal KOs in his future unless he decides to hang it up soon

Back