Social Hurricane Helene aftermath, Milton approaching

fema just has their panties in a bunch. it's a complete nothingburger and all just a hoax. some dude on a karate forum told me so. it's just a little wind. stop listening to what everybody else is telling you, and just don't worry about it. bring out the surfboard. you'll be fine!

i mean who the fuck is supposed to be intimidated by something named milton? maybe name it hurricane death megatron 5000 and maybe someone out there will take you seriously.

Last edited:
it's gonna make landfall in 7-8 hours. that's when the wind speed is going to matter.

from tampa down to fort myers is still projected to take the brunt of it

What I am sharing with these buoys is that you can know hours before landfall pretty much how bad it will be. They are the early indicators.

What I am sharing with these buoys is that you can know hours before landfall pretty much how bad it will be. They are the early indicators.

i wouldn't put much stock into that this early when it's still quite a ways from shore and even those buoys. give it 5-6 more hours and we'll see where the numbers go.

it should slow down a little before it makes landfall. i mean traditionally they usually do, and that's what they were originally projecting, but this storm has been weird. it was never expected to be a cat 5 but it managed to go from a tropical storm to a category 5 in under a day. there are only two other storms in recorded history that managed to do that. so this one's a bit out of the ordinary i guess.

lol lieutenant dan is still in tampa on his tiny little boat. some cnn reporter just showed his boat still tied to a tampa dock.

dude's gonna become a meme. dunno if this is the kind of clout that he should be chasing though.

“I believe in my heart that God wants me to stay out here until this is all over,” Malinowski said as Tampa police officers warned, “You’re going to die,” while telling him about potential surge and threatening to arrest him.

“I heard on the weather that the eye of the storm was coming through Tampa, and right after that, one of my spiritual advisors on TikTok was talking and said God’s finger is in the eye. ‘God’s finger is in the eye.’ So he’s controlling the storm. So if I stayed out here, I believe that it would pass us with heavy wind,” said Malinowski.

“I’m going to float, okay? It’s a boat. A boat stays on top of the water.”

img-3410.jpg

would it be irony or just hypocritical if the dude ends up dying after doing stupid shit after telling everyone yesterday not to do stupid shit?

God's finger is gonna be in his eye alright, permanently.

hold up. he's not leaving because.....he's got a tattoo on his arm that he says means god has his back? is this man batshit crazy or just strung out on meth?

i guess that the only reason why god is going to save this guy, after forsaking everybody else on this planet who has died in the aftermath of hurricanes, is that tattoo on his arm. gotta have that magical hokus pokus tatoo on your arm i guess. that's the secret! god's got your back buddy. he's going to level your city and your life may never be the same after the blessing of a hurricane that he bestows upon you, but i'm sure that your magical sky fairy is going to protect you in that little dingy of yours.

i wonder what is going to get to this guy first? darwin or the coast guard?
He must be friends with Uncle Brownie.

the city of clearwater just shut off their potable water and traffic lights and took their barrier island lift service offline. they are urging everybody to evacuate.
I wonder what the Scientologists will do with all of the people they've kidnapped and are holding in Clearwater?

I don't really know if they have kidnapped anyone or not.

fema just has their panties in a bunch. it's a complete nothingburger and all just a hoax. some dude on a karate forum told me so. it's just a little wind. stop listening to what everybody else is telling you, and just don't worry about it. bring out the surfboard. you'll be fine!

i mean who the fuck is supposed to be intimidated by something named milton? maybe name it hurricane death megatron 5000 and maybe someone out there will take you seriously.
if you can't tell that dude is just fucking around, i don't know what to tell you.

Amazing some people turn this into entertainment with their lives. He should be left to it, it’s his life and responsibility at the end of the day. Popcorn ready. I think he’ll get wiped off the map!

How much you wanna bet?

it's gonna make landfall in 7-8 hours. that's when the wind speed is going to matter.

from tampa down to fort myers is still projected to take the brunt of it

It's looking way more likely that we'll see landfall in 3-4 hours from now at this pace.

if you can't tell that dude is just fucking around, i don't know what to tell you.

well, there are people who think just like that. i remember reading the same kind of rhetoric from some lady a few years back, i forget which storm it was, but she had some online blog site that she would routinely post her lifes stories and share her conspiracies in. well when this one was coming she was basically being defiant, calling it all a hoax, it's just some wind, and mocking everybody who was packing up and leaving. then while the hurricane was nearing she started writing something about how she heard a loud noise and was trapped inside or something, and that was it.

she was found dead in her flooded basement a week later when they started cleaning up the debris in the neighboorhood. it was kind of sad, but at the same time it was some darwin shit. she spent the last of her days downplaying the "hoax" and calling everybody else idiots for believing it.

well, there are people who think just like that. i remember reading the same kind of rhetoric from some lady a few years back, i forget which storm it was, but she had some online blog site that she would routinely post her lifes stories and share her conspiracies in. well when this one was coming she was basically being defiant, calling it all a hoax, it's just some wind, and mocking everybody who was packing up and leaving. then while the hurricane was nearing she started writing something about how she heard a loud noise and was trapped inside or something, and that was it.

she was found dead in her flooded basement a week later when they started cleaning up the debris in the neighboorhood. it was kind of sad, but at the same time it was some darwin shit. she spent the last of her days downplaying the "hoax" and calling everybody else idiots for believing it.
God bless Chuck Darwin

God bless Chuck Darwin

i mean i feel a little bad for her but i don't. she had every opportunity to leave but she decided to be a dumbass about it. her mother was pleading for her to head for higher ground and even stay with her but she refused. she was one of those pizzagaters too. you simply just can't reason with those people.

but some idiots do get lucky. you know, all of tampa could get decimated and turned into spaghetti (it won't) and lietenant dan and his rickety old boat could be the only thing in the whole county left standing, and i could just see the humbling response from him after some bewildered journalist asks him how he managed to pull through, when everything else around him got destroyed: "I floated. It’s a boat. A boat stays on top of the water."

How's it looking?

Not too bad yet.... but there is time.

The Tampa buoy has chilled out actually and dropped a few knots. This is 45 minutes ago.

4:00 pm EDT 09-Oct-2024
Wind: ENE (60°), 27 kts (50 kph)
Gust: 39 kts (72 kph)
Pressure: 29.40 inHg (995.7 mb) falling rapidly
Air Temp: 77 °F (25 °C)

The buoy just South of that one which seems to be the buoy that will be closest to the eye of the storm shows the following:

1:35 pm CDT 09-Oct-2024
Note: This report is more than two hours old
Wind:
ESE (110°), 33 kts (61 kph)
Gust: 45 kts (83 kph)
Pressure: 29.30 inHg (992.1 mb)
Water Temp: 84 °F (29 °C)

That all important buoy has delayed data... that's not a good sign. They rarely do that.

Hurricane-1.jpg

The hurricane is about to enter the shallow water, which should be even warmer. Let's see what happens. That buoy I shared is circled as it the Tampa buoy above it. It's right in the path of the eye, so it should really tell the tale.

Not too bad yet.... but there is time.

The Tampa buoy has chilled out actually and dropped a few knots. This is 45 minutes ago.

4:00 pm EDT 09-Oct-2024
Wind: ENE (60°), 27 kts (50 kph)
Gust: 39 kts (72 kph)
Pressure: 29.40 inHg (995.7 mb) falling rapidly
Air Temp: 77 °F (25 °C)

The buoy just South of that one which seems to be the buoy that will be closest to the eye of the storm shows the following:

1:35 pm CDT 09-Oct-2024
Note: This report is more than two hours old
Wind:
ESE (110°), 33 kts (61 kph)
Gust: 45 kts (83 kph)
Pressure: 29.30 inHg (992.1 mb)
Water Temp: 84 °F (29 °C)

That all important buoy has delayed data... that's not a good sign. They rarely do that.

Hurricane-1.jpg

The hurricane is about to enter the shallow water, which should be even warmer. Let's see what happens. That buoy I shared is circled as it the Tampa buoy above it. It's right in the path of the eye, so it should really tell the tale.

Shallow water is warmer, but deeper water is better for strengthening.

Back