Hungary's PM bans gender study at colleges saying 'people are born either male or female'

A couple of classes doesn't exactly show the scope of an entire field, which is a fact that applies to all fields. The assumption that gender studies would just be about radical feminism and socially constructed genders is actually a pretty weird one.

How many women's studies classes have you taken? How much Judith Butler have you read? I admitted that my experience was limited. I'm curious whether you have any at all.

The assumption that gender studies are focused on radical feminism and socially constructed genders is an assumption with a solid basis.

Some of these countries just want to bury their heads in the sand. I guess that is good so they dont have to see the world pass them by

How many women's studies classes have you taken? How much Judith Butler have you read? I admitted that my experience was limited. I'm curious whether you have any at all.

The assumption that gender studies are focused on radical feminism and socially constructed genders is an assumption with a solid basis.

I haven't taken any classes since I'm not at all interested in the field. It of course goes extra due to that university studies don't start without direction here as they do in the US where you can pick random classes. Here you start right away on a program with a set plan that focuses on what you want to become. That doesn't prevent me from looking up the scope of the field, and I'd educating myself in a part of the field is a verbose and inefficient way to get that single piece of information.

If I were to study what manliness is in different cultures it would fall under descriptions of gender studies, just as an arbitrary example. What the field can contain and what classes a university actually offers are two different things. The biggest gender issue in our societies has been equality between genders for quite some time now, so it's not strange if educations focus on that.

I haven't taken any classes since I'm not at all interested in the field. It of course goes extra due to that university studies don't start without direction here as they do in the US where you can pick random classes. Here you start right away on a program with a set plan that focuses on what you want to become. That doesn't prevent me from looking up the scope of the field, and I'd educating myself in a part of the field is a verbose and inefficient way to get that single piece of information.

If I were to study what manliness is in different cultures it would fall under descriptions of gender studies, just as an arbitrary example. What the field can contain and what classes a university actually offers are two different things. The biggest gender issue in our societies has been equality between genders for quite some time now, so it's not strange if educations focus on that.

Any study of manliness under the heading of gender studies would almost certainly be called something like "Different faces of toxic masculinity" or something. My point is that these are not open fields of inquiry, there is a political agenda and direction applied to the discipline as a whole. It makes it much more legitimate to treat gender studies departments as a whole as purveyors of political propaganda rather than as truth seeking endeavors.

Well is like they banning the studies..without the public funds and all that comunication ( tv, movies etc) who would consider this item seriously?

Universities want their transgender fantasyland.
Universities have quickly become the places with the dumbest people on earth.

Remember Yale(or was it Harvard Law School?) who had a bunch of students basically say that they don't believe in the Presumption Of Innocence during the Kavanaugh debacle?

Yep. Universities(at least the High-end ones) have become stupid-as-fuck.

Any study of manliness under the heading of gender studies would almost certainly be called something like "Different faces of toxic masculinity" or something. My point is that these are not open fields of inquiry, there is a political agenda and direction applied to the discipline as a whole. It makes it much more legitimate to treat gender studies departments as a whole as purveyors of political propaganda rather than as truth seeking endeavors.

The point is that the field and the line a specific university hold in its classes aren't necessarily the same thing. What a given university chooses to teach isn't something I can comment on without having delved into that particular thing. I don't disagree that improper bias can take place.

Universities want their transgender fantasyland.
Universities have quickly become the places with the dumbest people on earth.

That would hold more weight not coming from someone that belongs to one of the other candidate groups. Believing in magic doesn't give one much room to speak.

That would hold more weight not coming from someone that belongs to one of the other candidate groups. Believing in magic doesn't give one much room to speak.

The fuck is that supposed to mean?

So you're saying that if one believes in something else that you feel is silly, that makes his or her OTHER beliefs null and void? <{vega}>

Universities (the High-end ones) ARE DUMB-AS-FUCK right now with the :

1.) Unfathomable "Disbelief" of the Presumption of Innocence
2.) Gender Studies that teach how to be accepting of those who have Mental Disorders
3.) Professors who try to brainwash Students into accepting their Political Ideology.

But no. Let's ignore all that because someone believes in magic. <36>

The fuck is that supposed to mean?

So you're saying that if one believes in something else that you feel is silly, that makes his or her OTHER beliefs null and void? <{vega}>

Universities (the High-end ones) ARE DUMB-AS-FUCK right now with the :

1.) Unfathomable "Disbelief" of the Presumption of Innocence
2.) Gender Studies that teach how to be accepting of those who have Mental Disorders
3.) Professors who try to brainwash Students into accepting their Political Ideology.

But no. Let's ignore all that because someone believes in magic. <36>

I don't know what could possibly be hard to get about my post. Read what's there, don't try to project opinions on it.

It doesn't say anything in the defense of the universities (the wording clearly allows for them to be a candidate), it just says that someone from another group that's in the running don't have much room to speak. Pot calling the kettle black, in essence.

It's also fun that in your misconception you also come off as hypocritical, complaining about only looking at part of a person's belief, and then complaining about universities for part of what they might stand for.

Violence solves most problems.
When someone starts berating you about how there are other genders besides male and female, you should immediately smash your elbow into their temple.
They'll learn. Trust me.

If you tried that with a neutral or opposite view to "toxic masculinity", your project would receive an F and you'd be kicked out of class for voicing your point of view, and promptly blackballed from gender studies academic jobs at every campus in the country.

God damn people suck.

Does no one believe in academic freedom of speech?

Is their no one that believes that in schools you should be able to study whether white people are the superior race, and learn about the 84 different genders?

I wish we could ban that shit here too tbh.
The whole fascist slippery slope thing doesn't apply when the subject is as stupid as libs trying to refute SCIENCE FACT.

Here you go righties. Which one of you actually believes in free speech and wants to put this culture warrior in his place?

Or do all you ben shapiro types only believe in free speech when its threat comes from the left?

Here you go righties. Which one of you actually believes in free speech and wants to put this culture warrior in his place?

Or do all you ben shapiro types only believe in free speech when its threat comes from the left?

There shouldn't be any more of a requirement for schools to teach gender-bender studies, as there is to teach creationism.

Not caring to see anti-science horseshit in universities, doesn't make you a culture warrior/fascist.

The Nazis themselves wanted to teach anti-science ideologically driven horseshit in universities, in place of actual scientific work with empirical evidence supporting it. Would the people supporting gender-bender studies also want to see Nazi occult Aryan history being taught in universities, to turn the young generation into brain-washed cultists?

Let's see more of this kind of "work" being done in the name of "academic achievement":

https://thewest.com.au/news/world/f...ed-in-embarrassing-journal-hoax-ng-b88979974z

Last edited:
They shouldnt ban gender studies, its way too fun and entertaining to make fun of the people who take it.

There shouldn't be any more of a requirement for schools to teach gender-bender studies, as there is to teach creationism.

Not caring to see anti-science horseshit in universities, doesn't make you a culture warrior/fascist.

The Nazis themselves wanted to teach anti-science ideologically driven horseshit in universities, in place of actual scientific work with empirical evidence supporting it. Would the people supporting gender-bender studies also want to see Nazi occult Aryan history being taught in universities, to turn the young generation into brain-washed cultists?

Let's see more of this kind of "work" being done in the name of "academic achievement":

https://thewest.com.au/news/world/f...ed-in-embarrassing-journal-hoax-ng-b88979974z

So ban art, because it isn't science?

Is their anything in between a law that mandates gender studies, and one that bans gender studies?

Back