Human beings need a fight. We need a struggle to overcome.

Depression does exist in being active. People just had more dire shit to worry about back then and would rather write about that.

melancholia was described as a distinct disease with particular mental and physical symptoms by Hippocrates
Melancholia:
a mental condition and especially a manic-depressive condition characterized by extreme depression, bodily complaints, and often hallucinations and delusions
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_depression
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/melancholia

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe "I look like a thumb" Rogan :D Some comedian said that recently and I thought it was spot on.

Rogan's an idiot. Don't listen to that guy. He's also super, duper gay. I mean gay as a bag of rainbow painted dicks.....which is also kind of what he looks like.

I am curious, what makes you think Joe Rogan is gay?

Probably no coincidence that "depressed" people are for the most part lazy, whether one starts the other off who knows. People who are work horses dont have much time to be in their own head, always thinking about their projects and working towards completing things. One of my best friends is always doing something and said he was going crazy when he was snowed in for a few days a while back.

That Rogan podcast where discussed Bordaine had that message about the body having certain requirements was right. We are not designed to lay about all the time

imo Depression comes because of lack of sex (which is pretty common nowadays I guess).

Joe "We're designed to run. We're runners. We run down our prey for hours. " Rogan

Aren't we, though?

I thought it was common knowledge long before Rogan ever said it.

"Tribe" by Sebastian Jung is a good book which covers this topic.

I think something to suffer and strive for is definitely necessary in life, but it society doesn't need collapse to get it. Just find something you can work towards and dedicate yourself to it, take up ultra running or learn a difficult skill or whatever.

"Tribe" by Sebastian Jung is a good book which covers this topic.

I think something to suffer and strive for is definitely necessary in life, but it society doesn't need collapse to get it. Just find something you can work towards and dedicate yourself to it, take up ultra running or learn a difficult skill or whatever.

Yeah I'm not saying society needs to collapse or anything. I was just using that as an example as it would force everybody to have to do something. The point was we need struggle sometimes.

I disagree

come at me bro

<{JustBleed}>

I believe it is the cause for a lot of the social unrest that goes on here as well. Outrage culture is largely people waking up every day looking for a "fight" to fill that need, even if it's not needed at times.

Definitely first world problems. Vast majority of people on earth are struggling and grinding it out, they don't need a higher difficulty level to feel badass they beat the game.

To me challenge in life is like money. Over above a certain amount there's no marginal benefit to your happiness by having more.

To me challenge in life is like money. Over above a certain amount there's no marginal benefit to your happiness by having more.

Agreed.

Once your basic needs are met, increased happiness from money drops sharply.

Nothing better in life than a bit of fear / confrontation / a scrap.

Modern life can stray us too far from our natural habitat and mental diseases will only rise if we continue like this. Humans weren't meant to spend hours stuck in a cubicle/traffic, watch tv all day, breathe polluted air and live in concrete jungles.

Back