Human beings need a fight. We need a struggle to overcome.

When I was serving my third combat tour in the Marines, I was pretty damn depressed and had anxiety. It was far worse when I came back. So no, it will not get rid of those things and in all likelihood it will make them much worse. Seeing your friends get killed and having to fight for you life can screw with your head.

It does put petty things into perspective though. I still kinda laugh at many of the first world problems friends and family have. But at the same time, some of them even have serious struggles. For example, a relative being diagnosed with cancer is a struggle. But also again, most people come out stronger and with better perspective if they make it through.

Humans do need a struggle, they need stress. But not everyone is a fighter. Farming knowing if it fails you may starve or go through some harsh times is a type of struggle that is not fighting. Work today can be a struggle. Except most jobs are sedentary. Many people also just like to complain that their job doesn't pay enough so they just settle since they can get by on it, instead of working towards a better one or working their way up the ladder at their own.

You mean something like global warming?

Believe me, if aliens came down and wanted to enslave humanity, you would have roughly a third of the population twisting the facts about that to justify being in favor of it. Especially if 1% of the population struck a deal with the aliens to profit off of it.

Back