How young is too young to watch MMA / UFC???

I don't know how young is too young but I took my 15 year old son to UFC 171 Lawler vs. Hendricks and he loved it. That way when he grows up his memories won't be of baseball and hotdogs, but of the just bleed god.

GIF-angry-Chris-Farley-fuming-mad-GIF.gif

You should Google some studies. Not sure I'd be taking parenting advice from Sherdog. Just saying.

I watch the fights with my 6 month old son and 3 year old daughter. My boy just watches every now and then, then plays with his chew toy giraffe. My daughter watches a little bit, asks why they are fighting, tells the tv they should be nice to each other, then plays with her barbie.

I think if you explain that its a sport, your kid will get it.

I used to watch wrestling way back in the day with my grandfather, it was a cool bonding thing, and to this day I still pop up some of the old wrestling on youtube and think of my grandpa. All we had back then was wrestling to watch haha.

Is there really an age for learning MA? If not then why should there be any age restriction to see its' prime application. I say it's okay. But the drama & shittalk regarding the promotion can be off-bit for a child. So keep her away from those drama, but I see no harm from letting her watch the main action.

my little guy is 4 and he watches with me every once in a while.

Ive got kids 9 and 10 who train and have watched mma for years, with full knowledge and understanding of how a fights unfolding.

They've been training for as long as theyve been walking.There also big wwe/boxing/nba fans, basically anything that involves competing.

The game is rated 16.

Why'd you go against that in a real MMA fight?

My 5 year old has been staying up late after mommy went to bed to watch fights since he was 3. He was the same way and would get excited, albeit likely because I was as well, but he isn't violent or hit people, and he understands it is sport and not a way to conduct yourself day to day. But he's a boy, he's obsessed with nasty stuff so when there is blood it doesn't bother him at all. He's kind of getting bored of it now, actually, but he does want to start taking Karate.

Honestly, stuff in movies is probably worse for young kids to watch than unarmed professional combat.

Unless your kid has emotional issues like hitting other kids or beating on your cat I think any age is fine. You just need to explain to them that it's a sport. Kids even around 3-5 years old are a lot smarter than people give them credit for. There is to many pussy's in the world now a days that would be against this, so bravo to you ts.

Ive got kids 9 and 10 who train and have watched mma for years, with full knowledge and understanding of how a fights unfolding.

They've been training for as long as theyve been walking.There also big wwe/boxing/nba fans, basically anything that involves competing.
For got to mention, as well as being at the top of there age groups(even amongst older kids)at gym, there also top of there class in various subjects in school.

There coachs teach them discipline of the highest order and thats displayed with the way they treat others especially there elders and those younger.

Hopefully your not just telling your kids mma is just about three 5 min rounds on ufc with a screaming man as the announcer.Mma's a lifetime journey with 1000s of life lessons waiting to be taught.

I watch the fights with my 6 month old son and 3 year old daughter. My boy just watches every now and then, then plays with his chew toy giraffe. My daughter watches a little bit, asks why they are fighting, tells the tv they should be nice to each other, then plays with her barbie.

I think if you explain that its a sport, your kid will get it.

I used to watch wrestling way back in the day with my grandfather, it was a cool bonding thing, and to this day I still pop up some of the old wrestling on youtube and think of my grandpa. All we had back then was wrestling to watch haha.

For sure man. I started watching wrestling with my Dad when I was about 4. My Pop never really liked it, but he thought I would get a kick out of it. This was in the mid-80's. He told me it was fake a couple of years later and it was worse blow than the Santa Clause one:D

He also took me to a NWA/WCW event when it came to town when I was 6. Ric Flair was my favorite and my Dad said he would get me an autograph after the show. We went back by the dressing rooms and one of the refs came out hollering, "Nobody is getting any autographs, so clear out! No autographs!"

So my Dad kind of got in his face and crossed his arms and said he wasn't leaving unit I got one. I ended up getting Ric Flairs autograph on a man move and I'll always remember that.

Well my youngest was training at an mma gym at 8 years old, and would watch some fights. He would get bored though watching after awhile, but really liked to roll and box.

Back