How young is too young to watch MMA / UFC???

I don't have kids, but I would wait until they were old enough to understand that it is a sport.

Well, i'm an infant.
Yeah but since you're homeless, you've probably seen/done way worse things than an MMA fight. We're talking about young children who someone actually loves and cares about, not gutter trash like you :D

Yeah but since you're homeless, you've probably seen/done way worse things than an MMA fight. We're talking about young children who someone actually loves and cares about, not gutter trash like you :D
LOL. Great point.....

rB4Hux7.gif

I think you should screen the fights imo, i mean if you're watching prelims w/ her, ha, nothing is going to happen there, so i guess that's fine.

But she should not be introduced to 5th Round Lawler.

Or heck, any Lawler
1.gif

DADDY LOOK, he's laughing and having fun!

I think as long as the child is mature enough to understand that it can hurt people, and they shouldn't try to duplicate the techniques on other people then it should be fine. That is assuming the parents are also mature enough to have that discussion with their kid.

My kids watched from two or three. They only occasionally hurt small animals

I was gonna say 10 but then I remembered Lawler vs Macdonald II and I gotta say - 18

Just train her man, wmma champ in the making. RIGHT HERE!

Definitely been showing her how to throw a punch, and how to get to side control and mount haha. I enforce that she doesn't do this to other kids unless they hit her first. She seems to get it so far.

I would also explain to them that it is for sport, and not to go shooting double-legs on their classmates.

I think she understands it is a sport. She has never seen a street fight or something, only fights in professional cages / rings. She says she wants to "play" MMA when she is older. I like that its MMA to her and not UFC.

Fighting can be brutal
I forget the fight but I did change the channel once out of the dozens of fights she has watched. Got too bloody, and she doesn't understand blood yet. I will wait till she gets her first bad cut then explain blood to her.

If you feel she is too young, show her this a couple of times first

fUloVaL-Imgur.gif

LOL she has watched this fight more than once!

As long as the kid understands it a sport 9/10 by themselves. Any younger I'd recommend a parent watch with them
I think she gets the sport aspect of it

As a father of two young kids, no way. I'm a high class person. I don't encourage my kids to watch that. If they want to watch when they are older, it's up to them. But a 3 year old knowing when to pounce on a opponent, that's just distrubing. It says a lot about you as a person.

Do you really want to expose a 3 yr old to this level of savagery?

hammer-rus.gif

No thanks, I don't want to raise my kid to be a demonic killer. I would never subject her young innocent mind to such vicious brutality.

As a father of two young kids, no way. I'm a high class person. I don't encourage my kids to watch that. If they want to watch when they are older, it's up to them. But a 3 year old knowing when to pounce on a opponent, that's just distrubing. It says a lot about you as a person.
It shows I care about my future children's well-being and tactical efficiency. I want them to know when to go for a heel-hook, and when they should finish their adversary with GNP.

Just my humble opinion, I think a 3 year old shouldn't be watching mma, but I'm not a parent so I may be overreacting.

3 may be a little too young but it doesn't seem to be having any negative effect. I'd say you don't need to worry.

try her with anderson vs the chris weidman 2, and aldo/hominick

its not really about age, it's about maturity. if it's a live fight for a fight youve never seen before, i would not let a child watch it unless i thought they had a good understanding of violence and the roll it plays in mankind.

if it's a fight youve in a sense pre-screened, then i guess you might be able to pick and choose some of the less violent fights even if they dont have the strongest grasp on what violence is and why it's mostly inappropriate.

My daughter was right with her pick of Wonderboy beating Bigg Rigg! I am going to keep asking her who she thinks will win fights and see how she does.

When she saw Noad Lahat get KOed with that knee she was like "Wow daddy......wow. He got a big boo boo"

I have a 3 year old daughter who love to watch the fights with me. She can usually only watch a couple prelims before she has to go to bed, but she really enjoys them. She can recognize when a fighter is in trouble of getting KOed or subbed. She says "uh oh, watch out!!!!" I think it is awesome. My wife is cool with it too, but I am wondering what yall think. Is she too young to watch this sport? She is not violent because of it, she doesn't hit people or anything like that.

On another note, I asked her who will win the main event tonight and she said Stephen Thompson will win. Let's see if she can predict deez tingz.

I wouldnt let her watch Shogun vs Hendo

Back