How young is too young to watch MMA / UFC???

HeadCleanOff

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have a 3 year old daughter who love to watch the fights with me. She can usually only watch a couple prelims before she has to go to bed, but she really enjoys them. She can recognize when a fighter is in trouble of getting KOed or subbed. She says "uh oh, watch out!!!!" I think it is awesome. My wife is cool with it too, but I am wondering what yall think. Is she too young to watch this sport? She is not violent because of it, she doesn't hit people or anything like that.

On another note, I asked her who will win the main event tonight and she said Stephen Thompson will win. Let's see if she can predict deez tingz.

Looks like you got a handle on it. Good job.

I was 13 back in my first event live UFC 132

Before that I was watching WWE until someone ruined it for me saying it was fake

It's fine. I've watched MMA with my friends kids many times. They're fine. If they start beating on their sister just straighten them out with a left high kick.

If you watch UFC 1 - 10, i´d say she´s too young. But nowdays anyone can watch IMO.

My five year old daughter will watch occasionally, she thinks it's boring lol.

Well, if she comes home from pre kindergarten next year with blood on her dress, then you know you started her too soon.

Just train her man, wmma champ in the making. RIGHT HERE!

I don't have a child, but I'd let them watch the fights with me, so long as they don't get upset. I would also explain to them that it is for sport, and not to go shooting double-legs on their classmates.

Well, if she comes home from pre kindergarten next year with blood on her dress, then you know you started her too soon.
Naw, that means she likes dem elbows. Nurture that love, and grow her into a female Kenny Florian (minus the copy/pasting, schools don't like that).

I don't have a child, but I'd let them watch the fights with me, so long as they don't get upset. I would also explain to them that it is for sport, and not to go shooting double-legs on their classmates.

the brain of a three year old is very difficult to reason with

It's fine. I've watched MMA with my friends kids many times. They're fine. If they start beating on their sister just straighten them out with a left high kick.
LMAO Not too often I laugh out loud, but I pictured it in my head as soon as I read it

I was 13 back in my first event live UFC 132

Before that I was watching WWE until someone ruined it for me saying it was fake
I got the whole "WWE is fake" thing when I was much younger, but I continued to watch for a while afterwards because I appreciated the stunts, the storytelling, and the showmanship. I haven't really watched it in years, but recently,I've seen a couple of the Smackdown shows because they have Mauro Ranallo on commentary now. Mauro makes everything watchable.

the brain of a three year old is very difficult to reason with
Obviously, you'd have to find a way to put it through to them in the very simplest of terms and add on to it as they got older. Admittedly, I know very little about parenting, but I'd imagine there's a way to get them to not whoop other kids, similar to how you would teach them other rules, no?

Back