• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How would've Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson went?

Jones makes him quit, most likely subs or tko's him past round 2 or 3

As much as I dislike Jonathan, I can't see how Rumble win this.
He would come out guns blazing for the first 2 minutes. Start to slow down by the end of the first round. Get choked out in the 2nd round.

Either Johnson Ko’s him or he gets taken down and gives up his back for a choke.

Jones would keep distance enough to tire him out and win big. The only question would be whether Jones would finish Rumble or not.

It is sad that Jones screwed up his career to the point that every discussion about him must use an asterisk.

If he comes back it will be HW, have you seen the guy lately?
Yeah man he is one beautiful ball of muscle! After the arlovski fight in wsof I would i would have liked to see him at heavyweight but we were treated to those great performances at lhw vs lil nog, Gus, manuwa bader, and Glover!

If anyone could do it, Rumble could. Assuming he came in on his A game, I think he'd have a good shot. Stylistically Johnson is a nightmare for Jones.
Sure, Rumble hits hard and has the power to KO just about anybody in the division, but a nightmare matchup? Very suspect cardio, fairly one dimensional and limited, significant reach disadvantage, and average to poor fight IQ. I would say Jones is a nightmare matchup for Rumble honestly. And I can’t stand Jones, so I’m not just a fanboy trying to build him up.

Probably like Rumble vs Dc.On the other hand Jones got clipped by Machida, Evans early on, Gus came pretty close to outstrike him.So Rumble's chances in 1st are high, I think he is the hardest fight for Jones, but most likely another loss by rnc

Name them. Only one I can think of as being a nightmare matchup of that level was Gus, and that fight was about as close as they come.

What im saying is that Rumble is no nightmare match up for Jones, Jones would simply keep him at a distance with his reach pick him apart easily, if they clinch, Rumble is eating knees and getting flipped to the canvas finished by gnp or sub.

And Gus sure in the hell was no nightmare, Gus ran most of the fight like a scared bitch, got rocked and almost finished in the 4th, Gus got beat by a handicapped Jones with a broken toe, you know the toe he broke off in his fight with Chael only a couple of months before his fight with Gus.

A handicap Jones beat a 100 percent overrated Gus at his own game.

And what is it about Rumble's style makes you think he can puts Jon's light out?
Great take down defense. Amazing power. Jon likes testing himself and I see him doing the same in this fight and gets caught with a bomb. Jons style is nothing like DC and I still believe Rumble fought a terrible fight in his second match with him. A patient Rumble can beat any man on this planet.

TLDR; I'm not saying Jon cant win, I would just be picking Rumble if the fight were to happen. I just feel he would win.

Great take down defense. Amazing power. Jon likes testing himself and I see him doing the same in this fight and gets caught with a bomb. Jons style is nothing like DC and I still believe Rumble fought a terrible fight in his second match with him. A patient Rumble can beat any man on this planet.

TLDR; I'm not saying Jon cant win, I would just be picking Rumble if the fight were to happen. I just feel he would win.

Patient Rumble..? With Rumble's feeble lung power patience & time is not on his side, Jon's patient. Jon's style beat DC's style at his own style (you might have to say < that 2x but it make sense) Rumble fight IQ is low, lose 3X by the same RNC 2Xtimes to DC? Survive Rumble's 1st blow of power rds 1,2, and then just chip away.

I think Jon beats Rumble 9/10 times every time, don't mean I'm right just how I feel...

Patient Rumble..? With Rumble's feeble lung power patience & time is not on his side, Jon's patient. Jon's style beat DC's style at his own style (you might have to say < that 2x but it make sense) Rumble fight IQ is low, lose 3X by the same RNC 2Xtimes to DC? Survive Rumble's 1st blow of power rds 1,2, and then just chip away.

I think Jon beats Rumble 9/10 times every time, don't mean I'm right just how I feel...
Rumble performance against Davis was one of his best imo. He was definitely patient in that fight but started trading with people because he was putting everyone away.

But yeah agree to disagree.

I agree Rumble hits like truck and has inhuman power but you know as well as I do if you just rely on your power to win you'll only get so far. I went full IN! with Rumble on the rematch with DC thinking he would've learned so much from their 1st fight. DC survived the big shot and made quick work of Rumble, hard lesson learned for me don't bet Rumble against wiser more toolz fighters and don't use that mortgage money to make the bet...

People needs to stop using DC as a gauge on how Jones would fare, they are different kinds of fighters. DC is a pressure wrestler, Jones isn't, he is a defensive wrestler, especially in his recent fights. What this means is that Jones will strike with Rumble for a long time, and that will be dangerous. Gus is a closer stylist to Jones in the sense that he is a more striker based fighter too, and Rumble destroyed him (far more than Jones ever did). The fight can easily go either way.

Last edited:
As much as I dislike Jonathan, I can't see how Rumble win this.
He would come out guns blazing for the first 2 minutes. Start to slow down by the end of the first round. Get choked out in the 2nd round.

Punch Jones in the head so hard he falls over? doesn't seem that hard to imagine to me.

People needs to stop using DC as a gauge on how Jones would fare, they are different kinds of fighters. DC is a pressure wrestler, Jones isn't, he is a defensive wrestler, especially in his recent fights. What this means is that Jones will strike with Rumble, and that will be dangerous. Gus is a closer stylist to Jones, and Rumble destroyed him. The fight can easily go either way.

Jones fights to the fighter and situation never the same way twice and adjusts when needed, Rumble as low fight IQ, bad lungz, and raw power all things Jon has proven he can handle over and over again...

Jones toys with him on the feet or makes him quit on the ground

just like all the GOAT´s fights

jbj would win no doubt

Barely even trained brah.

<JonesLaugh>
The funny part about guys like you repeating this, is jones, himself, admitted that he would make up these excuses in case he lost. So he comes out and "outed" himself but guys like you stick your head in the sand to those confessions and use them on these forums to defend him.

The funny part about guys like you repeating this, is jones, himself, admitted that he would make up these excuses in case he lost. So he comes out and "outed" himself but guys like you stick your head in the sand to those confessions and use them on these forums to defend him.
<JonesLaugh>

Jones fights to the fighter and situation never the same way twice and adjusts when needed, Rumble as low fight IQ, bad lungz, and raw power all things Jon has proven he can handle over and over again...

When has Jones ever pressure wrestled and adjusted to wrestling against strikers (a past his prime Shogun might be the only time, and even then Jones outstruck him)? He has consistently been clipped by elite strikers like Machida and Gus, who are worse wrestlers than Rumble. Getting clipped once by Rumble can well be the end. Styles makes fights and Rumble is indeed a bad matchup for Jones.

Jones would wear him out then submit him.

4th round choke would be my guess.

Back