How would you counter this half-guard pass?

you misunderstood.

a blue belt can arm bar a white belt with an ease of 9
the same blue belt can arm bar a blue belt with an ease of 6
and so on and so on
and the blue belt can arm bar a black belt with an 'ease' of 1

What's up trollface?

you misunderstood.

a blue belt can arm bar a white belt with an ease of 9
the same blue belt can arm bar a blue belt with an ease of 6
and so on and so on
and the blue belt can arm bar a black belt with an 'ease' of 1

This actually makes sense, rare for you.

That being said, it doesn't address my either point....the obviously angle problems for the legs with lockdown in this particular pass position.

Skill can't alter that truth.

This actually makes sense, rare for you.

That being said, it doesn't address my either point....the obviously angle problems for the legs with lockdown in this particular pass position.

Skill can't alter that truth.

dude. trust me. the angle is there. your just not ready for the knowledge yet mmmkay?

i mean, you don't teach flying armbars to white belts you have to wait till they are a certain level before they can truly learn and understand the flying armbar.

dude. trust me. the angle is there. your just not ready for the knowledge yet mmmkay?

i mean, you don't teach flying armbars to white belts you have to wait till they are a certain level before they can truly learn and understand the flying armbar.

If he's not ready for the knowledge and he trains, then how can you "have" that knowledge when you don't train?

This is why they teach flying armbars to white belts, I suppose.

At least, every reputable black belt I've ever seen does.....but whatever troll.

And you have no knowledge to impart, or you would. I've never met a black belt that would say to me "you're not ready for that yet" to a direct question.

You are full of it.

And you have no knowledge to impart, or you would. I've never met a black belt that would say to me "you're not ready for that yet" to a direct question.

You are full of it.

i have. i have even met brown belt teachers that say that. they say it but not in the exact words of "you're not ready for that yet." they say stuff like, "lets just get down the basics first before we get into the more advanced stuff."

but since you asked you would climb up your opponent to get the proper angle and then do the lockdown

i have. i have even met brown belt teachers that are as legitimate as i am (they bought a belt online after training in their basement for a few weeks) so i figured i'd get naked and let them spank me with their brown belt for good times.I asked them to finger me but they said i wasn't ready for that yet and i'd have to learn to pass their tight sweaty naked guard

Nice gay fantasy dude

Skywards, at 2:45 of that video the guy on bottom is attempting a loop choke, not a different guard. He is throwing his legs up juts to apply more pressure.

Buy time for what? To lay there and contemplate how this person will eventually pass your guard.

Why not pummel for an under hook? Or put your hands directly into his back, right under his armpit and push him away until you can got to a deeper half guard?

Or you could try either of the other two escapes that have been shown here...Saulo's or the classica?

Anything is better than sitting there in lock down with no real escape strategy. That and the angle on the trapped leg is terrible. I doubt most people could even get to lock down at that angle.

But the real issue here is how to not get there in the first place, which is simply not allowing that sort of control over your arms.

I hate to be that guy but my first thought was to use the lock down while I fought to get to my side. The Saulo version is more of a "don't get caught there" concept which is obviously better. Saulo rocks btw, I know everyone knows it but I don't think it could be said enough. If I missed the chance to get to the position in Saulo's video, I would probably use a lockdown to give me that extra 5 seconds to fight myself into a better position.

I hate to be that guy but my first thought was to use the lock down while I fought to get to my side. The Saulo version is more of a "don't get caught there" concept which is obviously better. Saulo rocks btw, I know everyone knows it but I don't think it could be said enough. If I missed the chance to get to the position in Saulo's video, I would probably use a lockdown to give me that extra 5 seconds to fight myself into a better position.

I understand, but the question is how to get the angle to even get to lock down from there.

For that douche, I was just taunting him, but for you I'm asking it as a legitimate and respectful question.

The angle on the legs seems so wrong to me, once this half guard pass is started. Maybe I'm being ignorant...it's not the first time.

I love this pass it's my favorite. It works a lot. I'm glad I got to see some sweeps and stuff from here cause people have been doing it to me and I've been lost so now I at least have something to try when I'm put there.

I understand, but the question is how to get the angle to even get to lock down from there.

For that douche, I was just taunting him, but for you I'm asking it as a legitimate and respectful question.

The angle on the legs seems so wrong to me, once this half guard pass is started. Maybe I'm being ignorant...it's not the first time.

If he keeps his leg straight then you just hook your outside foot under his leg. It isn't as secure as a regular lockdown but it will give me a few seconds. However, as soon as I see the guy moving there, if I can't get the underhook first, I switch my legs and grab a lockdown and work back to a better position.

I went for the clasica today. On a purple belt who caught on to my clumsy attempt but then I nailed it on a white belt who didn't know the move but was astute enough to do something so I got a realistic sweep.

I do not know if it has been mentioned before by other posters but when you for the classica sweep during the mid-roll part, if you do get stuck and feel that you cannot complete the roll: kick with your legs. This will provide you the necessary momentum to complete the sweep.

If I am not mistaken Rigan Machado mentions this on his DVD (do not remember which one).

Isn't the classica sweep the same thing as the Roger Gracie sweep?

Back