How would you counter this half-guard pass?

this is exactly the stuff i was talking about in my "short rant" thread.

and how would you two douchebags counter the TS half-guard pass?

it will indeed buy time

Buy time for what? To lay there and contemplate how this person will eventually pass your guard.

Why not pummel for an under hook? Or put your hands directly into his back, right under his armpit and push him away until you can got to a deeper half guard?

Or you could try either of the other two escapes that have been shown here...Saulo's or the classica?

Anything is better than sitting there in lock down with no real escape strategy. That and the angle on the trapped leg is terrible. I doubt most people could even get to lock down at that angle.

But the real issue here is how to not get there in the first place, which is simply not allowing that sort of control over your arms.

Last edited:
Bye time for what? To lay there and contemplate how this person will eventually pass your guard.

Why not pummel for an under hook? Or put your hands directly into his back, right under his armpit and push him away until you can got to a deeper half guard?

Or you could try either of the other two escapes that have been shown here...Saulo's or the classica?

Anything is better than sitting there in lock down with no real escape strategy. That and the angle on the trapped leg is terrible. I doubt most people could even get to lock down at that angle.

But the real issue here is how to not get there in the first place, which is simply not allowing that sort of control over your arms.
I think we both know that war path is a brown belt and he doesn't need noobs like you telling him how to game. :icon_chee

Bye time for what? To lay there and contemplate how this person will eventually pass your guard.

uhhh... to buy time so you can plot and plan for other stuff. of course your not going to be staying there like a moron. but the lockdown prevents the pass and that is the most important thing.

uhhh... to buy time so you can plot and plan for other stuff. of course your not going to be staying there like a moron. but the lockdown prevents the pass and that is the most important thing.

:rolleyes:

uhhh... To buy time so you can plot and plan for other stuff. Of course your not going to be staying there like a moron. But the lockdown prevents the pass and that is the most important thing.

behold the knowledge of the legit brown belt!!

war path...I'm not saying you're not a brown belt or anything, and I'm just a measly blue belt. But I love doing that pass whenever someone has lockdown on me, it totally takes the angle away, nullifying it.

war path...I'm not saying you're not a brown belt or anything, and I'm just a measly blue belt. But I love doing that pass whenever someone has lockdown on me, it totally takes the angle away, nullifying it.

He's not a brown belt. He's just trolling, he's a joke.

Thank you. That's my point about the angle on the legs being absolutely terrible for the lock down.

I'm glad another actual grappler has felt this.

Thank you. That's my point about the angle on the legs being absolutely terrible for the lock down.

I'm glad another actual grappler has felt this.

war path's an actual grappler, he won several competitions. He just can't say what ones because he doesn't need sherdog groupies on his ass kissing up.

well shit. as an example im sure you can do an armbar from the guard against white belts but im sure the difficulty of pulling off this move will be increase proportional to belt rank height. just sayin.

you can continue to live in ignorance or you can come at bjj with an open mind

well shit. as an example im sure you can do an armbar from the guard against white belts but im sure the difficulty of pulling off this move will be increase proportional to belt rank height. just sayin.

Are you really suggesting that belt rank allows people to defy both physics and anatomy in order to solve the obvious problems with the leg angle for "lock down" (Patent Pending)?

Please tell me that is what you are saying.

Additionally, your analogy is stupid. Black belts do arm bars from guard against other black belts.

you misunderstood.

a blue belt can arm bar a white belt with an ease of 9
the same blue belt can arm bar a blue belt with an ease of 6
and so on and so on
and the blue belt can arm bar a black belt with an 'ease' of 1

Back