How would the UFC change if it allowed kicks to the balls?

Yes, Mortal Kombat's target demographic is people with a PhD in gender studies.
I was only joking. I'm not up to date on video games, but is that an actual scene from the game? That's pretty fuck'n graphic.

Anyway Cheick Kongo would be about to defend his title for the 25th time.

first thing i thought of! haha

kong_original.png

Headbutts would be a real gamechanger, if someone hits my sack in a fight im gonna get angry and do bad things myself. It isnt gonna be an instant ko everytime, it would get someone stabbed backstage, thats what i think.

I would think it would suit side stance fighters . Ie wondering * karate stance * much harder to hit n easier to avoid.

Anyone standing square ie * wrestlers * are getting neutered.

At the very least, it would be interesting to see punches to the balls. Could revolutionize ground and pound

Well.........in the mid to late 90’s I did Kenpo and competed at a lot of karate tournaments, like any one within a reasonable distance I would travel to compete. Some tournaments allowed groin shots (counted as a point) and some tournaments did NOT allow them (TKD ran tournaments). The TKD ran tournaments did not like them because the smart people would counter TKDs array of high kicks with a swift and more direct groin shot as it is heavily unguarded when throwing a head-kick. When I competed in the International karate tournaments that would come through regionally annually, they would alternate the rule-sets every other year, so that all styles of karate have an even playing field.

Back when I did strictly karate, we sparred all day groin shots (with cup) and let me tell you sumn, you learn to defend groin shots and its not that hard. Subtle techniques of merely turning your hips and “closing the window”. I stopped that shit in my 20’s and went on to kickboxing, where my nuts were more safe.

Youd just get more abrupt endings to certain bouts. The clinch game would be really where the problems would lie, who would want to engage there if they have to worry about a knee to the balls?

Pulling guard might not be a good idea

Kongo would be GOAT

Would there be more of a chance element to the sport or do you figure the pecking order would look exactly like it is now? Is it really that easy to midigate? Aren't kicks to the balls an equalizer?

I think it would be an interesting experiment and closer to a real fight.
Jackson wink fighters would sit back and throw nut shots until they won. The gameplanning would be disgusting. Edson barboza would be LW champ.

Would there be more of a chance element to the sport or do you figure the pecking order would look exactly like it is now? Is it really that easy to midigate? Aren't kicks to the balls an equalizer?

I think it would be an interesting experiment and closer to a real fight.
I'd much rather bring back dickpunches
OrneryAngelicKentrosaurus-small.gif

(Also, if they did, Keith Hackney would be recognized as the father of scrotum strikes, and people would flock to his school)

Back