How would Shane Carwin vs Current Overeem would play out?

Its likely at some point Carwin would land a shot on Reem, with Carwin's savage power and Reem's suspect chin i think its insane to think Reem would last 3 rounds.

With Carwin's striking defense and gas tank, it's insane to think that Reem would need to last three rounds.

Carwin has two wins over name opponents. And he was looking old and skinny long before USADA came in.

Carwin is by far the hardest hitter in MMA history.

Guy will close his eyes and flick a right cross and just absolutely shatter your shit.

I honestly always wanted to see Carwin vs Cain(had they stopped Carwin vs Brock in the 1st) living breathing one punch man vs Mexican paced volume puncher. Both come forward, both great wrestlers.

Carwin may KO current version of Overeem but Ubereem beats Carwin soundly

Overeem has better technical striking and is probably more well rounded but if Carwin touches that chin, its over.

Carwin is by far the hardest hitter in MMA history.

Guy will close his eyes and flick a right cross and just absolutely shatter your shit.

Put Nelson, JDS, Overeem, Fedor, etc. against guys like Wellsich, Wain, Rex Richards, Rick Slaton, etc. and they'll look even more impressive. Carwin hit hard, but I doubt he was among the top 10 hardest hitters in MMA history.

Overeem got caught a few times by Roy Nelson. Main Vein Carwin either puts Reem to sleep or curls him into his favorite fetal position.

Carwin may be the all time hardest hitter in MMA
He was one of the best hitters, but Mark Hunt is the strongest... Also Igor, Roy, Fedor, JDS are one of the best ever. Overeem not so much, he is not much of one punch KO artist, but has deadly knees.

Lol, okay. Agree to disagree, he would sleep Overeem.

Everything you are saying was said about JDS who is a much better striker than Carwin, much faster and much better cardio and he got picked apart then got set up and finished.

Put Nelson, JDS, Overeem, Fedor, etc. against guys like Wellsich, Wain, Rex Richards, Rick Slaton, etc. and they'll look even more impressive. Carwin hit hard, but I doubt he was among the top 10 hardest hitters in MMA history.

And put Prime Carwin against majority of Fedor, Reem, and Bic country's opponents and he would more than likely KO them as well.

You can't say he isn't the hardest hitter based on him not KOing iron chin after iron chin. He has KO'd or rocked the shit out of everyone he ever fought aside from JDS.

Overeem has better technical striking and is probably more well rounded but if Carwin touches that chin, its over.

LMAO at probably more well rounded, Overeem is in the top 3 most well rounded HWs of all time.

Carwin had an unreal chin and the most power maybe ever

That's the absolute worst possible match up for Overeem

I think Overeem would have picked him apart and won every minute of the fight right up until he got brutally KO'd 3-4 minutes in

Carwin: Hardest hitter in the sport who has never been knocked out

Reem: Guy who has been knocked out nine times, and has been knocked out three times in his last seven fights.

And put Prime Carwin against majority of Fedor, Reem, and Bic country's opponents and he would more than likely KO them as well.

Yeah, but he'd have a lot of tough fights and wouldn't look like a killer as much as he does when fighting guys like Sherman Pendergarst (possibly the third-best opponent he ever beat--let that sink in).

You can't say he isn't the hardest hitter based on him not KOing iron chin after iron chin. He has KO'd or rocked the shit out of everyone he ever fought aside from JDS.

You also can't say he is the hardest hitter based on him beating up unknowns on small shows. Watching him fight, yeah, he hits hard, but lots of guys do.

Carwin: Hardest hitter in the sport who has never been knocked out

Reem: Guy who has been knocked out nine times, and has been knocked out three times in his last seven fights.

Reem: Guy who has been facing high-level competition for 10 years with lots of wins and some losses.

Carwin: Guy who has only beaten two guys in his whole life that more than half of Sherdog could pick out of a lineup, and is 0-2 against elite opponents.

The Overeem from the last few fights would dance circles around Carwin, JDS is much faster than Carwin, has better hands than Carwin and even he couldn't find Reem, neither could Roy Nelson or Skyscraper, Reem's been fighting a lot smarter lately and using distance.

Carwin would flatline the Overeem that was on a skid a couple years back tho, that version seemed to go for the kill from the jump and fold up when he didn't get it.

Last edited:
I don't like to use MMAth, but wasn't Carwin getting outstruck by Mir and Gonzaga? We saw how Overeem dealt with someone who is a superior striker than Carwin (JDS). Add in his well-roundedness and the fact that Overeem has been fighting more smarter lately, I'd say he takes it the majority of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back