How would Shane Carwin vs Current Overeem would play out?

I think Overeem has better striking but Carwin may be the all time hardest hitter in MMA.

I'd say Carwin finds Reems chin before Reem can put Shane away.

I figure either Overeem would cautiously strike his way to a unanimous decision, with a couple quick scares from getting clipped or he would beat Carwin up and down the octagon like he owed him money until Carwin catches him with a bomb and Overeem gets KOd in highlight reel fashion.

Hard to imagine Carwin not finding Reems chin at some point.

are we talking about pre USADA Shane?
vs Econoreem?
love the demolition man but that chin would not be able to take a hit from Carwin.
now old Ubereem capable to hold Lesnar TDs?sure.

What does "current Overeem" even mean? He's still the same fighter. Which means anyone who touches his chin with a decently powerful punch/kick is gonna put him away. I'd wager that Carwin would be able to do that before Overeem could impose his will.

Like Kimbo vs Houston. Both guys with hands on knees gasping for air.

Carwin breaks that chin for good

People are forgetting how strong carwin was

Not sure why people think Shane was the hardest hitter at HW. I think JDS hits harder. Also, in Carwin had been rocked in plenty of fights.

carwin was all ways slow i think reem beats him like he did to jds

Carwin's power would ensure he had a shot... but beyond his power and durability he wasn't very good.
I'd favour Overeem with a decision or late T/KO.

Prime Carwin would most likely KO the reem. Guy had cinder blocks for fists

impossible to call. Overeem by strategic beatdown or Carwin by one punch ko.... Then again Overeem has brutal one shot ko power as well..

Id lean towards Reem by Jackson gameplan victory... but

impossible to call. Overeem by strategic beatdown or Carwin by one punch ko.... Then again Overeem has brutal one shot ko power as well..

Id lean towards Reem by Jackson gameplan victory...

Carwin would win. He was fucking awesome

Like others said, as hard as he hit he would be almost a lock to win by sudden and spectacular knock out

Back