How would Shane Carwin vs Current Overeem would play out?

Terrible matchup for Alistair. Even a gassed Carwin has the power to put his lights out IMO.

It is impossible to safely predict an Overeem fight

Damn. That is a great fight.

I like Carwin but Overeem is just too diverse of a striker. His kicks and knees in the clinch would be the difference. I take Overeem by second round knockout after a brutal first round of kicking Shane's legs and body.

Carwin would find that chin with a pawing jab in the first exchange. Reem would be going to beddy byes in no time.

Reem is inconsistent as fuck. Carwin can take a punch and Reem has a tendency to get knocked out by huge sloppy strikers.

Shane Carwin had a lot of power. But I think his cardio was very lacking. It kind of made sense, the guy was the weight of Brock Lesnar and but prolly 6'0"- 6'1"

He had a 12-2 record, any fight that went out of first round he lost. I repeat his 10 victories were all 1st round...you don't think Overeem would be aware of this?

And he wasn't a tactician on Ubereems level either. I think anyone willing to get past a round big advantages.

Uberknees by KO

Like 99% of Overeem fights, he destroys him or gets caught with a big shot and finished with a flurry. I think it's far more likely Overeem would get the finish though.

I figure either Overeem would cautiously strike his way to a unanimous decision, with a couple quick scares from getting clipped or he would beat Carwin up and down the octagon like he owed him money until Carwin catches him with a bomb and Overeem gets KOd in highlight reel fashion.
If he got clipped, I don't think he comes back. Any solid shot, and reem shuts down. Chin up hands down.

It's simple: Carwin has 25 minutes to find Overeem's chin and when he does its over. Carwin was a once in a lifetime puncher. The shots that JDS landed on Overeem would have put him to sleep had they been thrown by Carwin.

Overeem via boring decision.

Flip a coin. Someone is getting wrecked.

I'd give Carwin about a 15% of a lucky KO early. Most likely, he gets smoked. It's weird to see this being talked about as a competitive fight, much less one that Carwin would likely win.

Not sure why people think Shane was the hardest hitter at HW. I think JDS hits harder. Also, in Carwin had been rocked in plenty of fights.

Because they got to see him fighting guys like Neil Wain or the way, way smaller Christian Wellisch, plus highlights against D-level competition, while they normally see top fighters fighting against other top fighters. And Shane is all muscely and shit.

I'd give Carwin about a 15% of a lucky KO early. Most likely, he gets smoked. It's weird to see this being talked about as a competitive fight, much less one that Carwin would likely win.
Its likely at some point Carwin would land a shot on Reem, with Carwin's savage power and Reem's suspect chin i think its insane to think Reem would last 3 rounds.

Back