• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How would Nate Diaz vs Khabib play out?

Generally his submission wins have come from beating guys up on the feet.

Marcus Davis, Gomi, Conor and Jim Miller all officially got submitted, but they had a choice of getting TKO'd on the feet or getting tapped, and made their decision.

Of course you have the Gray Maynard TKO, and the Rory Markham TKO which were savage beatings.

In a 5 round fight, Michael Johnson and Pettis would both have been TKO'd. They were getting wrecked and out of gas over 3 rounds.
The choice to get TKO'd is subjective. Pettis came close a few times but always recovered. That's the case in most of these Nate fights.

The Maynard beating was legit. Beat the crap out if that poor bastard. The Markham one is also good but he has no chin whatsoever.

The choice to get TKO'd is subjective. Pettis came close a few times but always recovered. That's the case in most of these Nate fights.

The Maynard beating was legit. Beat the crap out if that poor bastard. The Markham one is also good but he has no chin whatsoever.

When Nate wins, it has overwhelmingly been by stoppage.

So no, it is not the case 'most of these Nate fights' demonstrably by the numbers.

Lets see if we are on the same page - you are arguing that Conor - a terrible grappler - didn't suddenly decide to go the ground with Diaz, a BJJ black belt tied for the second most total submission wins in UFC history, because he was about to get KO'd standing?

Retard who has no clue what "defensive guard" means. Does "guard retention" mean anything to you, "jitsu" """"expert"""? Your opinions are worth less than the air you breathe.
What are you? 13? What’s with the aggressive defence? Lol.

When Nate wins, it has overwhelmingly been by stoppage.

So no, it is not the case 'most of these Nate fights' demonstrably by the numbers.

Lets see if we are on the same page - you are arguing that Conor - a terrible grappler - didn't suddenly decide to go the ground with Diaz, a BJJ black belt tied for the second most total submission wins in UFC history, because he was about to get KO'd standing?
Time out, when did we switch from TKO to stoppage? I'm saying a TKO is very unlikely. People shoot in on Nate to recover. If they can stop the submission that follows they can recover and survive.

I think Conor got overwhelmed and work, so he shot in to recover thinking that he can survive long enough to get his wits back.

Some may have been looking for a way out but in most cases they are looking to recover and make a comeback. Nate is just too good on his back.

What are you? 13? What’s with the aggressive defence? Lol.
It's as respectful as your original post. Outside of Khabib and Usman - two best wrestlers in their respective divisions, name one fight where RDA was actually in any kind of trouble while having an opponent in his guard. The only fight that comes anywhere close is vs Tyson Griffin, but that was literally 10 years ago. RDA is very adept at avoiding damage on the ground, which is something that cannot be said about Nate. RDA's defensive guard > Nate's. Also, it's funny how even RDA beat the shit out of Nate on the ground, lmao.

Time out, when did we switch from TKO to stoppage? I'm saying a TKO is very unlikely. People shoot in on Nate to recover. If they can stop the submission that follows they can recover and survive.

I think Conor got overwhelmed and work, so he shot in to recover thinking that he can survive long enough to get his wits back.

Some may have been looking for a way out but in most cases they are looking to recover and make a comeback. Nate is just too good on his back.

So we are on the same page - as I said in my initial post that started this chain - Nate is a substantial dog in this matchup and is likely to lose a decision by getting out wrestled 3 or 4 rounds.

In the less likely event that Diaz DOES win, it would be a TKO or submission. I think its going to be very hard to tap out Khabib considering his body type and experience, but if he's exhausted and getting poured on, the referee can stop it. This is just common sense, but take this in the context of '... in the low percentage chance Nate wins, here is how it may happen...'

Cheers

So we are on the same page - as I said in my initial post that started this chain - Nate is a substantial dog in this matchup and is likely to lose a decision by getting out wrestled 3 or 4 rounds.

In the less likely event that Diaz DOES win, it would be a TKO or submission. I think its going to be very hard to tap out Khabib considering his body type and experience, but if he's exhausted and getting poured on, the referee can stop it. This is just common sense, but take this in the context of '... in the low percentage chance Nate wins, here is how it may happen...'

Cheers
Ok. Sorry mate didn't mean to come off as an ass. I agree

Sherdog is always the same. Someone has a good fight and people lose their minds. Nate has always been a decent lightweight, but that's it. Khabib absolutely murders Diaz. With ease.

Why do you think Nate called out Masvidal? He wants someone who will stand and bang, he doesn't want to get taken down and beat up for five rounds which is exactly what Khabib would do to him.

TBH..i think nates over going down to 155 and masvidal is a battle he thinks is worth it and will push him to the title..but make no mistake..khabib would have serious problems agaisnt nate lol

Theres a reason khabib never fought nate on the way to a title shot

I get the impression that all of you have never watched all of Nate's fights. Does amazing against strikers. Gets tooled by grapplers with good sub defense. Khabib would handle him easily.

Nate back then is not nate now..he was a kid in most of those fights..hes 34, mature and focused..big difference then before..

Nate has all the tools to beat a guy like khabib

I think Khabib wins unless he gets carried away and runs into something stupid. Nate is very high volume and he will test Khabib to the limits, but we also said the same about RDA who was crushing people before he faced Khabib and many thought RDA would land a big shot and sub him with something.

View attachment 631933
View attachment 631935 View attachment 631937

You retarded casuals dont know shyt from shine. Nate Diaz has twice as many UFC fights on his record as Khabib.

Khabib was gifted his belt with decision victory against a part time realtor coming off the coach...Al Iquinta. Al Iquinta got smashed by Cowboy. Nate Diaz embarrassed prime Cowboy.

Before Khabibs last 3 fights...90% of people didnt know Khabib from Kabob.

He wins a couple fights against fighters who cater to his one dimensional fighting style and all of a sudden he is untouchable.

Nate Diaz will absolutely embarrass Khabib.

Nates pace, and Reach alone..spell real problems for khabib..

Then you throw that gracie jiujitsu pedigree in there..and whats khabib gunna do agaisnt a guy he cant control and has real submission threats off his back and on top

Khabibs never faced a grappler of nates calibre

Boring wrestlefuck. Diaz vs Masvidal will be a crazy fight. That's the fight we all should want.

Didn't Nate turn down khabib a few times? Nate could catch him in a sub, that's his only real path to beating khabib.

Nate back then is not nate now..he was a kid in most of those fights..hes 34, mature and focused..big difference then before..

Nate has all the tools to beat a guy like khabib
All that from a fight with Pettis...wow. Look y'all, Nate is good. Always has been. Especially against strikers. BUT nothing in this fight shows that he could beat RDA or Khabib for that matter. He mixed up his striking and checked kicks. AWESOME! Legitimately a great improvement to his game. But Pettis was a live dog on the ground and he is far below the ground game of Khabib. I just need to see more before I hop on the Nate bandwagon

TBH..i think nates over going down to 155 and masvidal is a battle he thinks is worth it and will push him to the title..but make no mistake..khabib would have serious problems agaisnt nate lol

Theres a reason khabib never fought nate on the way to a title shot
Because Nate kept turning down the fight and disappeared for 3 years?

Cause Nate is fucking 20-11 and not a legitimate contender, beating a washed Pettis changes nothing to that.

Yet he smashed conor twice..finishing him once off the coach short notice..something that took khabib longer to do..with a full camp.

Nate and khabib had tons of beef aroudn the time khabib was coming up..why didny they fight? Hmmm

Nates pace, and Reach alone..spell real problems for khabib..

Then you throw that gracie jiujitsu pedigree in there..and whats khabib gunna do agaisnt a guy he cant control and has real submission threats off his back and on top

Khabibs never faced a grappler of nates calibre
I mean...he beat the guy who schooled Nate but ok.

Because Nate kept turning down the fight and disappeared for 3 years?

Im talking before his hiatus...there was plenty of time for that fight to be made..nate didnt turn down khabib till after the conor the fights due to money..not anything else

Back