How would Khabib vs Aldo turn out?

Khabib would easily smash him Barboza style.

Have you looked at the size difference?

Khabab via tko in the 4th or 5th.

lol at people citing Aldo's tdd against manlets. Khabib is a whole different ball game.

Exactly. Stuffing TD’s from midgets and Khabib is two completely different things

Aldo stuffs him and beats the snot out of him. And I'm an aldo hater... not sold on kabibi either though.
giphy.gif

Aldos TDD works on manlet wrestlers, Khabib will easily have 10-15lbs on him come fight night. Anyone who has wrestled here would know that size and weight difference matters a lot. That little Brazilian will get tossed around.

Would Khabib be too big and strong for Aldo?
Do you think Aldo’s grappling would neutralize Khabib’s game and turn into in a standup battle?

Aldo has declined so much and his cardio is shit, Khabib takes him down and finishes him at this point. When Aldo was at his best he would be an extremely hard fight for Khabib. But Khabib would have a solid chance tiring him out and winning a decision, with heavy clinching and a big size advantage.

Look at the losers on this thread that picked Aldo.

All Colin dick riders.

Khabib whips Aldo and McGregor in the same night

2 amazing fighters, but I dont see how Aldo's TDD against Frankie and others stand as definitive proof of his ability to shut down Khabib. Khabib is a whole other animal. He also has an iron chin, severely underrated MMA striking (especially when his opponent is forced to keep their hands low) and hits hard as hell. His hands are fast.

Aldo is one of the best to ever do it, but I think Khabib takes this at least 8 out of 10 times.

aldo, stylistically, is a tough matchup. good striker with extremely good TDD. however he has never faced an extremely persistent wrestler like khabib. simply put, a fighter like khabib does not exist in the FW division.

khabib is just bigger and stronger than aldo. only superior size/strength seems to work well against Khabib's grappling, look at Tibau fight for ex.
aldo's TDD just won't be enough, khabib will try to take him down repeatedly until he gets the takedown and mauls jose.

Back