How would Khabib vs Aldo turn out?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Would Khabib be too big and strong for Aldo?
Do you think Aldo’s grappling would neutralize Khabib’s game and turn into in a standup battle?

Now it’s tough to call, but prime Aldo wins via GOAT TDD and great striking.

Current Aldo would stuff all takedown attempts in the first two rounds and outclass Khabib on the feet.

...Then he gasses and Khabib easily wins the next 3 rounds. In a 3 rounder I'll take Aldo, but 5 rounds definitely favours Khabib.

Having good tdd at FW does not make for having good tdd against someone who feels like a LHW/HW

smesh

Is this a joke? Aldo is the worst possible stylistic matchup you could imagine for Khabib.

I think Khabib wins by size & strength.

It would look like Colby/RDA imo.

Jose got outsized/outmuscled in his own weight-class, this isn't going to be even more dramatic against Khabib.

khabib would smash aldo this isnt the manlet division

Aldo is the worst possible matchup for Khabib. Only Tibau can stuff TDDs better than him but Aldo has the striking to punish Khabib when he stuffs the takedowns.

Aldo is the worst possible matchup for Khabib. Only Tibau can stuff TDDs better than him but Aldo has the striking to punish Khabib when he stuffs the takedowns.

but Khabib has the size and pace to wear Aldo down fast.

Don't forget that Aldo has always had poor cardio when pressured. Mark Hominick had the guy mounted in the later rounds. If he doesn't get a knockout in the first two rounds, then Khabib absolutely brutalizes him.

Khabib beats his ass at any point of their careers and i would bet on it. The size difference is huge. Aldo might have stuffed the takedowns of tiny manlet Edgar, Faber or Mendes but Khebab is a whole different ball game .

Aldo’s biggest win is Frankie Edgar, by far. And the 3 times he fought outsanding fighters who were bigger than him he got besmirched. Lets not get carried away here.

Frankie, Lamas, Mendes and Mtb are damn good but not Khabib, Mcgregor, Max Holoway level.

Last edited:
Somebody in another thread said if Conor beats Khabib it wouldn't even be his biggest win, I'd have to agree with that, I think Aldo was the bigger win, I think Aldo would wreck Khabib, and honestly I'd rather see Conor fight Aldo again than see him fight Khabib.

Don't forget that Aldo has always had poor cardio when pressured. Mark Hominick had the guy mounted in the later rounds. If he doesn't get a knockout in the first two rounds, then Khabib absolutely brutalizes him.
He was extremely sick before the hominick fight. He coasted that 5th .

Khabab via tko in the 4th or 5th.

lol at people citing Aldo's tdd against manlets. Khabib is a whole different ball game.

Khabib is too big, too strong, and he has cardio.

If Aldo had a few extra inches, 20lbs more on his body, and better cardio, he'd win for sure, but he has none of that.

Back