How would Khabib vs Aldo turn out?

lol

Lots of noobs in this thread

Khabib would EASILY RAGDOLL Aldo.

Size matters

these dnbs dont know anything ... talking about khabib like he's urijah faber or some shit smh
Everyone will quiet down after around the 13th. We will get 3 days of ring rust excuse, 2 days of khabib is a cheater because of the weight cut, a day of how boring he is and people dont get why a "dry humper" has fans, and a day of people freaking out and getting banned

I'm a fan of both of these guys but that slow ass, plodding forward style of Khabib is not fucking with an athletic anti-wrestler like Aldo. Aldo also has the striking to fuck Khabib up after each failed TD attempt.

The size/strength difference makes this questionable. If they were the same size, Aldo all day. But Khabib has welterweight strength.

Aldo stuffs him and beats the snot out of him. And I'm an aldo hater... not sold on kabibi either though.

Aldo is arguably the worst possible style match up for Khabib. Much superior striking + some of the very best TDD you'll ever see. He'd be one of The Eagle's worst nightmares.

As for size difference... What size difference? They're probably about the same weight. Any difference that does exist is probably negligible.

Somebody in another thread said if Conor beats Khabib it wouldn't even be his biggest win, I'd have to agree with that, I think Aldo was the bigger win, I think Aldo would wreck Khabib, and honestly I'd rather see Conor fight Aldo again than see him fight Khabib.

lol stfu

Current Aldo has a good chance, prime Aldo is a big favourite

People act as if khabibs cardio looks good in championship rounds. No. Edgar has great cardio but couldn't push a pace because when he tried he got lit up. Khabib would get smoked using his telegraphed aggression. Mendes tried that. Aldo hits hard and has great hands. His opponents have given them due respect and still got tagged. If khabib tried to get aggressive with his rudimentary striking, he would be eating bombs

Current Aldo has a good chance, prime Aldo is a big favourite

People act as if khabibs cardio looks good in championship rounds. No. Edgar has great cardio but couldn't push a pace because when he tried he got lit up. Khabib would get smoked using his telegraphed aggression. Mendes tried that. Aldo hits hard and has great hands. His opponents have given them due respect and still got tagged. If khabib tried to get aggressive with his rudimentary striking, he would be eating bombs

I think I agree with this take. Aldo is a bad match up for Khabib all around. Not saying Khabib has no chance or that it would be a one-sided affair. But I'd favor Aldo.

We will never know. Aldo has always been afraid to fight at LW.

Aldo is arguably the worst possible style match up for Khabib. Much superior striking + some of the very best TDD you'll ever see. He'd be one of The Eagle's worst nightmares.

As for size difference... What size difference? They're probably about the same weight. Any difference that does exist is probably negligible.

It’s amusing to no end to see people speak about how Aldo, who has for years had problems with fighting at 145 and was once long accepted as being the uncrowned 155 champ, is now suddenly some dwarf who barely comes in at 136lbs to be a FW.

Having good tdd at FW does not make for having good tdd against someone who feels like a LHW/HW

smesh

This guy disagrees...

upload_2018-9-3_21-47-39.jpeg

upload_2018-9-3_21-46-17.gif

In Aldo’s last fight with Edgar, Jose might have displayed, the finest example of TDD in MMA history.

aldo-takedown-defense-reversal.gif

aldo-counters-edgars-knee-tap.gif

upload_2018-9-3_21-43-6.gif

Frankie was the first person(I think) to take BJ Penn(The UFC LW Champion & former WW Champion) down at LW, at a time when most people considered him to have the best TDD in all of MMA.

bj-header-localhawaiimag-roald.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-3_21-50-12.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-3_21-50-12.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That is a great question. Unstoppable force vs an immovable object... I really have no idea.

It’s amusing to no end to see people speak about how Aldo, who has for years had problems with fighting at 145 and was once long accepted as being the uncrowned 155 champ, is now suddenly some dwarf who barely comes in at 136lbs to be a FW.

They must have forgot how weak and drained Aldo often looks when he weighs in on the scale. If I recall his camp once admitted he cuts about 30-35 pounds to make FW. That has to be one of the absolute biggest weight cuts that anyone does.

Back