How would Jones vs current Stipe go

Lando

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Stipe vs the roided up Jon that fought DC. Personally I dont think Stipe has enough one shot power to put Jones away, or the cardio to pressure Jones for 5. I think Jon peppers him at range and stops the takedown long enough to decisively take over the fight.

Thoughts

roided jones has a chance due to cardio. unroided jones probably gets smoked.

I believe Jones has never been hit by someone as strong as Stipe so it is an interesting fight.

Jones by decision or Stipe by TKO.

stipe by brutal ko. Jones has never faced a true HW puncher's punch. stipe can never get down to 205. he would have to lose a leg.

Jones by late TKO or UD.

stipe game is too obvious and too slow for jones.

stipe by brutal ko. Jones has never faced a true HW puncher's punch. stipe can never get down to 205. he would have to lose a leg.
and stipe never fought someone as skilled and as dynamic as jones.

speed/skills >>> power

this has proven time and time again in MMA or ufc, having more power will not win you the fight in 99% of the case.

Matchups make fights, think Stipe is a Stronger Version of Gus and would be big trouble for Jones. A lot tougher to land a head kick to 6'4" Stipe than 5'10" DC. Jones doesn't have one punch KO like DC or Ngannou so you would see a confident Stipe not afraid to let hands fly.

Matchups make fights, think Stipe is a Stronger Version of Gus and would be big trouble for Jones. A lot tougher to land a head kick to 6'4" Stipe than 5'10" DC. Jones doesn't have one punch KO like DC or Ngannou so you would see a confident Stipe not afraid to let hands fly.
Lol you casual jones haters are ridiculous. saying stipe is a stronger version of Gus is one of the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
giphy.gif

sGpFwmv.gif

Id love to see Jon vs DC juiced to the gills and stipe juiced to the gills.

Jone's "swimming pool" would get completely absorbed by all the saltiness of "I Want an Instant Rematch Stipe"

Lol you casual jones haters are ridiculous. saying stipe is a stronger version of Gus is one of the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
giphy.gif

sGpFwmv.gif
Well your fight IQ sir is trash, if you think Gus is stronger version of Stipe. Cause he stunned a depleted Cormier with a knee at LHW that makes him stronger. Stipe KO'd or TKO'd Werdum,Overeem, Dos Santos all in a Row, ZERO % Gus wins those 3 fights let alone gets 3 finishes. Who TF has Gus ever finished Glover and Glass Jaw Manuwa <Lmaoo>.

Same height, both wrestlers, only 4 inches of reach to Jones, Stipe has punching power, Jones has more versatile striking as well as a better overall game. It would come down to a few things. Can Jones weather the onslaught from a Heavyweight? Can Stipe even get in on Jones? Will Jones' strength translate well at Heavyweight? If I had to pick I'd say Jones would pick him apart from range and then ragdoll him once Stipe became fatigued.

jones would just eyepoke him in round 1 and then again every round after that going to a 48-47 decision.

no way does jones have power to tko a normal heavyweight who isnt 5 foot 9.

Well your fight IQ sir is trash, if you think Gus is stronger version of Stipe. Cause he stunned a depleted Cormier with a knee at LHW that makes him stronger. Stipe KO'd or TKO'd Werdum,Overeem, Dos Santos all in a Row, ZERO % Gus wins those 3 fights let alone gets 3 finishes. Who TF has Gus ever finished Glover and Glass Jaw Manuwa <Lmaoo>.

Neither has to be any kind of version of the other. I bet if one of them would be black you wouldn't say Stipe is a stronger version of Gus. Their skill set is not that similar, Gus uses a lot more kickboxing techniques and their footwork is completely different. Yes they are both tall and their base is in boxing, but thats about it.

I mean, getting clocked by OSP And DC cant be too far off, if at all

Back