Elections How would Hillary be handling COBIDS19 at this juncture? Obama?

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but what the heck is cobids19. Secondly I hate Hillary but she would listen to the scientists and doctors. She would not hold private phone conversations with the heads of goldman sachs, Blackstone Group and the head of NYSE on Sunday.
I agree with the first part about her listening to scientists and doctors but maybe not so much on the claim that she wouldn't hold a private phone conversation with the leaders of finance.

I don't think Hillary would've been an exceptional leader to lead us through the crisis but I do think she would've avoided some of Trump's mistakes like gutting the pandemic response team or running a massive deficit to pay for tax cuts.

Last edited:
Would have started responding a little sooner as they'd have administered finaces more responsibly with no stupid tax breaks or stupider trade wars. The hospitals would still be grossly understaffed and underfunded.

For the rest it would't have changed much at all. Same state for state inefficiency, same disastrous impact with the economy. Plus Trump followers do tend to listen to Trump, I really don't know anyone who LIKES Hillary and considers her a good leader and would follow her, this does matter a lot in times like this.
Obama would have fared better tham both in my opinion, as he had some degree of bipartisan support (excluding racists of course).

Probably both Obama and Hillary would have had a better relationship with China so less struggle to find masks and hardware. Not sure they'd have reconverted factories (I think Trump only did it with GM?) but they probably should have.

In the end it would be a little better (due to a more early response) but I don't think it would have been that different

God damn man.

Look at South Korea. It's not a law of nature that governments will respond this incredibly badly.

He shut down the pandemic response office in the White House. You belong to one of the worst voting groups in human history.

A modern, rational government that doesn't spend its political capital building useless symbolic walls would very obviously have handled this completely differently. We have examples from around the world.

Where the fuck do you get your news?

Are sporting event still going on in South Korea right now without Hillary?

I mean...Japan literally just postponed the Olympics by a year. Never would have happened with Hillary in office.

<seedat>

In fairness, I don't really expect them to try and lead the charge here. Nobody really has the right answers now, so why bother sticking your neck out?

What surprises me though, is that Joe Biden is kind of MIA. Other than that little message that he couldn't even deliver from his home office without fucking it up, he hasn't really been in the public eye that much. This is his chance to get some campaigning in there, in terms of trying to show a bit of leadership and trying to shift some opinions that he might be better for the job, and he's really been doing nothing. It's a little odd, just from a political stance. This is a golden opportunity for him to take some of that spotlight.

His problem is that his campaign and the election in general have been completely overshadowed. And that makes sense. We are in the midst of a crisis and, for the US, it is only starting to unfold. Biden went from being the focus of much media attention- he looked like he was going to lose big and then took over and halted Bernie’s momentum and pretty much clinched the nomination- to the focus of virtually none. If he’s going to speak now, people only want to hear him speak on this topic. Unlike Trump and co., he is a bit on the outside looking in. He’s not the one getting daily briefings with Fauci, Birx, Redfield, etc.

So what’s going to be interesting for Biden is whether people’s desire for continuity or cohesion in the midst of a crisis really hurts his chances for election.

The R0 in SK is below 1 now. That means cases are trending down to approaching ~0. And they never had to shut down businesses/ restaurants/ bars across the country to do it, so they didn't get the mass economic damage and unemployment.
South Korea has a competent President leading the country and invested heavily in early testing to reduce the spread of the virus. America doesn't and didn't.

His problem is that his campaign and the election in general have been completely overshadowed. And that makes sense. We are in the midst of a crisis and, for the US, it is only starting to unfold. Biden went from being the focus of much media attention- he looked like he was going to lose big and then took over and halted Bernie’s momentum and pretty much clinched the nomination- to the focus of virtually none. If he’s going to speak now, people only want to hear him speak on this topic. Unlike Trump and co., he is a bit on the outside looking in. He’s not the one getting daily briefings with Fauci, Birx, Redfield, etc.

So what’s going to be interesting for Biden is whether people’s desire for continuity or cohesion in the midst of a crisis really hurts his chances for election.

His problem is he's a follower not a leader and this old version of him can't speak for 5 minutes without fumbling over his words and saying something awkward.

He is also technologically illiterate and his campaign was completely unprepared to do any online communicating. They spent a week trying to figure out how to set up a livestream in his house.

South Korea has a competent President leading the country and invested heavily in early testing to reduce the spread of the virus. America doesn't and didn't.

Koreans are also not crammed in subways even while their city hospitals are being overrun with infected

Koreans are smart. They respect space and use proper hygiene

She'd be doing the same thing Biden and Bernie have done. Claiming that travel bans and closing the borders in the midst of a global pandemic is racist xenophobia and not letting it happen. The Left has become dominated purely by ideology and not by reason or facts.

k, so what good did the right wing politicians get you other than record number of deaths in one day and record number of infected (even more than in a much more densely populated country where this virus originated from) ?
trump banned travels and closed the borders, but after 2 months of saying it was a hoax and downplaying the pandemic

it would seem that in the end, both policies (xenophobia and downplaying) resulted in similar outcome (shitload of infected and poor government response) - so Trump and republicans are no better than hillary/sanders you slander?

oh and obama would deal with this crisis like an adult and consult experts (as he showed during his presidency) - would do a 1000x better job than trump administration that flp flops from day to day and shifts blame to everyone else but his administration

Last edited:
Koreans are also not crammed in subways even while their city hospitals are being overrun with infected

Koreans are smart. They respect space and use proper hygiene

Seoul has crammed public transport and a lot of them do wear masks (though they are also a people that eat communal soup), they also took it seriously as individuals. But they managed the virus because they had comprehensive actions. They actively tracked down the infected and those they were in contact with. The methods of tracking would actually be very unpalatable to US sensibilities because it bypassed what we would consider privacy. They also aggressively tested for very low cost. They have publicly funded healthcare. They provided food assistance to those they told to self quarantine.

Seoul has crammed public transport and a lot of them do wear masks (though they are also a people that eat communal soup), they also took it seriously as individuals. But they managed the virus because they had comprehensive actions. They actively tracked down the infected and those they were in contact with. The methods of tracking would actually be very unpalatable to US sensibilities because it bypassed what we would consider privacy. They also aggressively tested for very low cost. They have publicly funded healthcare. They provided food assistance to those they told to self quarantine.

https://m-en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200308002100315

Like I said. The South Koreans are not jamming in currently. While NYC still has crowded subways(partly Gov fault) EVEN while their hospitals are breaking.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny...ain-nyc-social-distancing-coronavirus/6068366

Different cultures. And there is little Deblasio, Cuomo or Trump can do. I guess Cuomo could shut them down but that also could have blowback

https://m-en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200308002100315

Like I said. The South Koreans are not jamming in currently. While NYC still has crowded subways EVEN while their hospitals are breaking.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny...ain-nyc-social-distancing-coronavirus/6068366

Different cultures. And there is little Deblasio, Cuomo or Trump can do. I guess Cuomo could shut them down but that also could have blowback

Ridership in NYC reduced, then NYC reduced service. Seoul subway annual ridership is also higher than New York subway annual ridership regularly and the drop in ridership is similar. Seoul also still experiences crowded trains. With a comprehensive plan that isn't a huge problem.

NYC should probably stagger closing times of essential businesses so rush hour congestion is reduced. It doesn't help if everybody who is categorized as essential still go home at the same time. That is one course of action.

Last edited:
When this is over what are pussy liberals gonna do when they can't tell everyone to stay home from their ivory tower?

When this is over what are pussy liberals gonna do when they can't tell everyone to stay home from their ivory tower?

? are right wingers badass for ignoring this whole thing and letting people die?

when this is over and number of dead americans is counted in 100s of thousands will you be going around telling liberals they are pussies cause they were afraid of death?

here, your government even made body bag ready for you:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...0-000-body-bags-pentagon-covid-19/5111412002/

lmao
so many dumb people in US - one has to wonder how they managed to keep their world super power status for so long

First off, it's not true that they did nothing and just let it run it's course. They funneled billions of dollars into addressing H1N1 with testing and treatment. It was declared a public health emergency before anybody even died. There were bumps along the way, but it was a major focus for many months.

Also, you are comparing a Flu, which had antiviral medications available and a vaccine available within months, to the Corona Virus which has absolutely no antivirals and will take over a year to get a vaccine, and has had a much higher death rate. The two situations are not apples to apples. Of course the responses are drastically different. The two viruses are not remotely similar.

They are predicting that without the steps being taken, Corona would kill over a million Americans. Over a million, vs the 13,000 from H1N1.

I quoted all of this for you already, Seano.

People like seano are your typical dumb American. They want to believe what they want to believe and they won’t let facts get in the way. It’s just useless.

Would the U.S have 2100 deaths per day like they did yesterday if a competent group of people who listened to the experts put competent people in charge of disease control? I think Obama or Hillary would have taken bolder measures than just closing the border with China and blaming the opposition for their own mishaps

Because SK deals with China's shit every year.

Serious question, although I know plenty of knuckleheads will swarm the thread seconds after I click "Create Thread".
Their wouldn’t be a pandemic under Hillary, just a slightly elevated “suicide” rate...

Back