How to tell a guy to stop patting you?

KittyBump

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I've found I'm partnering up with the same guy in Jujitsu due to being similar build.

At first it was just the helping hand to get up from the ground... and then it became the occasional fist bump when moves were done right..

but today he pats me on the thigh, upper arm.. shoulder? :\ Its a quick double pat

Whats the best way to say "dont' do that' ? I don't see other guys doing it? And no other guy or girl has done it to me either?

I try and partner up with other people but the teacher thinks we're a good match up as I'm the smallest in the class. :(

Its such a quick pat before we move on to next lesson I just ignore it..but I don't want it to happen again :/

Should I just come out with it at the time with "don't pat me" ? It sounds so lame :S

Anyone else have had this problem? Next class is Wednesday - any quick tips before next class be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

file.php

Get some friends to spend a while patting each other and shake your head disapprovingly at them, so the guy can see it

Next time you see, tell him you went on a 3 day humanitarian mission to Africa and possibly were exposed to the Ebola virus.

Dude, if you're this homophobic, bro, maybe Jujitsu isn't the sport for you?

You're wrapping your legs around the guy and you're worried about a little pat on the shoulder?

Just tell him "Hey, don't make this gayer than it already is."

Just tell him not to. Don't worry so much about his feelings. I think it's weird that people always offer to help me up when training. It's easier and quicker for me to just get up on my own, so I tell people I don't need them to offer. And that's all there is to it.

Either he doesn't want to come at you, bro! and he taps before you even start, or he was molested during his childhood and doesn't quite know where it is appropriate to touch another man.

Just dont make eye contact and it will all be okay.

Why does the patting bother you?
I guess the simplest way would be to say something like:
"Could you not pat me? It bugs me because..." and if it's a legit reason like sunburn or something, it shouldn't be a problem. If it's an irrational reason, your best bet is to make up some rational reason why it would be a problem and use that as an excuse.

It kind of seems strange to single out a guy for patting you in a sport where you're regularly going to have your face in a someone's sweaty crotch.

Dude, if you're this homophobic, bro, maybe Jujitsu isn't the sport for you?

Pretty much this. It's just a pat. Why does it bother you so much? It's not like the guy is sexually assaulting you. Let it pass.

Or turn it into an arm bar every time he does it.

As long as he is not up in ur butt dont bother him about it. Seems like hes a good guy trying to giv u kudos

Hi Guys

I've found I'm partnering up with the same guy in Jujitsu due to being similar build.

At first it was just the helping hand to get up from the ground... and then it became the occasional fist bump when moves were done right..

but today he pats me on the thigh, upper arm.. shoulder? :\ Its a quick double pat

Whats the best way to say "dont' do that' ? I don't see other guys doing it? And no other guy or girl has done it to me either?

I try and partner up with other people but the teacher thinks we're a good match up as I'm the smallest in the class. :(

Its such a quick pat before we move on to next lesson I just ignore it..but I don't want it to happen again :/

Should I just come out with it at the time with "don't pat me" ? It sounds so lame :S

Anyone else have had this problem? Next class is Wednesday - any quick tips before next class be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Enjoy your new sport.

let it go bro let it go... Some people are just a little more touchy, i have a friend who must hug and cheek kiss me half the times i see him...

If your rolling around sweating profously while laying on top of eachother its funny to get upset about a shoulder pat or a helping hand up from the mat...

Just say "hey dude, i don't like it when you pat me like that"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back