How to rock like Mike Tyson @ sugarboxing

I found the most hilarious of all is the "I do not believe in the importance of education. Education produces abused children like you" line. And his website is littered with presentation and grammar issues that he couldn't bother to fix. Well, if you have some education, you'd know how to fix it.

And judging by the response from the TS, it is less "hey, here's something i'd like to contribute" but more "hey, i'd like to see people stroking my ego by giving compliments to the author, which is me! And screw others, they are just troll". I know, because I was on that side of the fence for a while.

Nuclearlandmine, stop derailing this thread like you do every time, whenever you don't agree with someone. You hardly contribute to any discussions besides rolling your eyes and posting stupid gifs.

B-b-b-but he doesn't have a direct lineage to Cus D'amato! How dare he try to breakdown Tysons style!

Oh, fuck off with that shit. Go troll Expertboxing or something.

NVsemin visual aids of how Tyson moved is actually pretty on point. Especially the level change at the knees involved in his bobbing technique.

I agree with this post. Nuclearlandmine, if you have nothing relevant to post, why don't you stay out of this thread. Nobody wants to read your inane and immature posts, it's pure message board pollution. It's obvious you have nothing intelligent to add.

While NVsermin's analysis may not be perfect, I respect that he has put the time into trying to break down a style, credentials or no credentials.

I agree with this post. Nuclearlandmine, if you have nothing relevant to post, why don't you stay out of this thread. Nobody wants to read your inane and immature posts, it's pure message board pollution. It's obvious you have nothing intelligent to add.

While NVsermin's analysis may not be perfect, I respect that he has put the time into trying to break down a style, credentials or no credentials.

+1; I agree

He might be getting brownie points for "putting in the time and efforts" from the majority, that doesnt mean I cant add my opinion, however disagreeable or contrarian it might sound. And just like this afternoon, sometimes putting in the times and efforts isnt enough. Strangely enough, even though TS said that he doesnt want to be like expertboxing, this article reminded me of an expertboxing article where the dude basically gave "guides" on how to "slip" hooks, uppercuts and promise the reader that they can be as slick as James fucking Toney. And i had raged about that site one too many times already. And then there's all the point apizur made. All and all, i found the materials he presents along with his lack of background rather sketchy and not really trustworthy. And if this made me immature and lack intelligence, so be it.

I felt like i should say something about someone else not from the Cus D'Amato lineage attempt to teach the peek-a-boo style (based on Tyson, no less). But i'm not the eloquent one so i will leave that for some other people instead.

I've said it before, things much more complex than boxing systems have been recreated from pure observation and analysis. There is no reason to say boxing systems cannot be. In fact it would be pure arrogance to deny the possibility. Boxing is not nearly as complicated as the complex algorithms of mathematics or chemistry.

Even if NVSemin comes up short, his analysis may still be useful or insightful to others. Success is built upon the failure of others.

I suggest you stick to your initial position, you are not eloquent and since you have nothing worthwhile to post, why don't you stay out of the thread until you do.

The OP stated this is not a guide but his interpretation/research on mike tyson. He's provided data/visuals for us to review. He's providing tools to help the general public and he's asking us to help fix it.

If you want to criticize anything, criticize the data he provided so he can adjust it or make it better but there is no need to put down or shit his efforts. At no point did he state he was a pro or trying to teach the peek a boo style. I thought it was informative but I take everything he (or anyone I do not know or trust) says with a grain of salt. The website looks solidly built but it looks more like a blog from a fan as opposed to an expert. I don't know how most of you do your research or studying of martial arts but if i was to study Mike Tyson, I would read from multiple sources (not just one) and basically figure out what is correct, right, or wrong based on all the info i've gathered. he's just provided one more tool (right or wrong).

Apizur - i am a bit surprised by your responses. creating a website is not hard. use weebly and any tool with half a brain and computer knowledge can whip up a very nice looking website. He's just a boxing fan who's using his time to create a website about boxing and he wanted help in refinining what he's done. what's so bad about that?

nuke - every post you make is an eyesore. i generally want to skip all your posts because i know it's generally bullshit and useless ranting coming from a snot nosed dork with a fobby haircut that craves attention. the only reason i read your shit is to amuse myself (like watching a car accident - I simply cannot pull my eyes away). What is even more hilarious is how you would discredit all he's done based on his background (or lack thereof) when you've made a name for yourself parroting your opinions and how to box when you have zero real boxing credibility (with your mighty tai bo light training and beginning light sparring bullshit you've been doing and probably are still doing/or not doing). do us a favor and stop pretending you're cool in here and definitely stop derailing threads. I've wanted to comment about this for a long time but chose to ignore it since i've ragged on you before but i am chiming in now since others feel the same about you.

go get laid. buy yourself a hooker and chill out!...

Last edited:
There isn't much in terms of retorts from you guys that couldn't be answered by re-reading my posts. Nuke is as frustrated with this guy as I am, and a lot of that stems from his prior threads and his angry defense of his position with all opinion and no fact.

This stuff is on level with "punching the bag hard, 1 hour and 30 minute tutorial"
He's just a boxing fan
That's my point.
He's asking for our critique, my critique is, "You're not in a position to be assuming this authority." My reason for it is because at one point in time, I was at his level, talked like he did, took credit like he did, and thought like he did. I think in TMA they call it "Green Belt Syndrome". When I passed there I realized how little I knew and how little I would continue to know for years and years. I stopped trying to present things as the ultimate truth and started presenting things as either my opinion or as one version that can be taken or left. In short, my attitude humbled quite a bit as far as myself as a fighter/coach. It doesn't mean I've mastered social graces, however.
And judging by the response from the TS, it is less "hey, here's something i'd like to contribute" but more "hey, i'd like to see people stroking my ego by giving compliments to the author, which is me! And screw others, they are just troll". I know, because I was on that side of the fence for a while.
As indicated by a lack of participation in other threads where his "expertise" and picture examples could be very helpful.

The reason NS Vermin should disclose his experience is so that people can make a real choice as to whether or not they are at a point in their game where he can help them. What he should do realistically is team up with somebody who is really in a position to teach and help them express their knowledge with his unique GIFs... which is the part he is good at.

Last edited:
There is a huge, huge, huge difference between "this tutorial is wrong and here is why" which you stated, and "this tutorial is wrong because Mike Tyson doesn't really do Peek-A-Boo" like Nuke whined about in the beginning. Your complaints are totally different. Nuke likely didn't even read the article, he just gave a generic whiny hipster response

I only read part II, mostly because Tyson is the most overrated boxer of all time (yeah, I said it) and I don't really know much of anything about the Peek-A-Boo style, so outside of the stuff being overtly simplistic and kinda droll boring, I can't give criticizing to it. But if you can provide it, do it. Sano1 is the only person who has.

I've said it before, things much more complex than boxing systems have been recreated from pure observation and analysis. There is no reason to say boxing systems cannot be. In fact it would be pure arrogance to deny the possibility. Boxing is not nearly as complicated as the complex algorithms of mathematics or chemistry.

Even if NVSemin comes up short, his analysis may still be useful or insightful to others. Success is built upon the failure of others.

I suggest you stick to your initial position, you are not eloquent and since you have nothing worthwhile to post, why don't you stay out of the thread until you do.

I think I've finally figured out what I dislike about this argument. So I'm going to articulate it as best I can.

Sure, it's possible to figure out a system of boxing from observation, but is that what's happening? Is that what this is, or what it's a bold attempt to be as a long-term goal? There's a big difference between sight and application. Seeing is easy, armchair coaching is relatively easy for a smart person. But the proof is ALWAYS in the pudding. Where is the pudding?

As I mentioned to you in your own thread, if you want to establish the validity that you can "figure out" how to fight similarly to an established system that is typically taught, then that's what you HAVE to do. Fight like it. You can't just keep touting how possible it is without any actual experimentation. Beyond that it's all lip-service. You, at least, attempt it in a setting with an uncooperative opponent. But there's too much "here's how to do it"...by people who not only are they not doing it, but they're not teaching anyone else how to do it who has success, either.

If a person wants to prove they've figured out a system, the first step is to use it effectively. The second step is to train someone, have them fight, have them win...or at least look good losing. Once those have been done, THEN there's some pudding, and subsequently, some proof. This reminds me of delusions of grandure that were discussed in school. Not that those are always bad, they can be inspirational and hatch ideas. But there's a big difference between a student with a business model that could POSSIBLY work, and looks right on paper, versus making it happen in the real World. The real world always has unforeseen variables that alter plans. Like that scene in back to school where the economics teacher tries to teach business to the millionaire:

The video's a nice touch, but it still sounded better when I said it the first time.

Well at least they'll listen to you, I guess.

Last edited:
I've never professed that it's impossible, but I'd like for people who also say the same thing to actually do stuff as opposed to just saying that over and over again.

I do stuff.

If a person wants to prove they've figured out a system, the first step is to use it effectively. The second step is to train someone, have them fight, have them win...or at least look good losing.

I think so too. What is in the articles is just a MODEL. Validity of the model can be assessed by its consequences only.

So, the long term goal is to get a fighter or fighters and see how far they can go with the system.

Since, at the moment, I am not into coaching, I do not even claim I figured out something. I just present an interpretation for myself (and whoever finds it useful).
I believe the GIFs with Mike Tyson are the most valuable parts of all these.

When you produce something so grand as a website...,

Producing a website is a bit harder than a wank

...and in the fashion that he does

Now that is the first compliment from you!

... it alludes to you having some serious knowledge.

Yes and no, sometimes reasons could be just fun and different look on the same stuff (I am not talking about myself). Anyway, there is no rule that forbids me making a website.

I sincerely encourage you to make one on your own, it is not hard. Then you can prove to sugarboxing and expertboxing who is the best.

If you see a problem with my website, it is very good. It means you have a concept in your head, which can make a better website and the way things done than my. I had the same experience after looking at expertboxing and mightyfighter

Look at Rossboxing, Myboxingcoach, etc.

Rossboxing is just fitness. Boxing technique is different

Myboxingcoach is boring as F. I do not care what sort of "pros" work there. Pro boxing SHOULD be exciting like Sugar Rays, Tyson and such. I prefer to see my idols doing stuff, not some average joes...

You've got actual pro fighters demonstrating and explaining the boxing that they lived and experienced.

Boxers without any significant distinctive achievement. I do not want to be like these guys, sorry. This is why, going to the next point:

This guy wasn't even willing to tell us what his experience was. In fact, he became defensive when I asked him about it.

People come to the website because of ... themselves. They are interested in Tyson, etc, not in me. I am quite ok with that.

That's a pretty foreseeable question when you take the role of a teacher.

I am not a teacher, I am a shadow interpretor, an observer. Deal with it

He can't be bothered to spellcheck or clean up his presentation, and when he receives this criticism he responds by calling those people trolls.

I do what I can, but it is not as easy as you think. Try to run a website before you can judge me.

TL;DR - If you suck and act like you're legit, you're gonna be made to know.

I got nothing to prove.

NS Vermin.... your insults are so bad, lmao.

They are just above the level of your intelligence.

Last edited:
I find a lot of these breakdowns, not just yours in particular, tend to frame by frame commentary's rather than actual whys whens and hows. Ok, Tyson slipped in a specific way. Why? Why did his style work better with this than a more traditional style? Did he always do it or just in some particular GIF you cut? What are the disadvantages? Why did it not work in his loses? What did he throw off it and why?
Just saying "he did this", "he did that" isn't really useful unless you can give the underlying reason why it was done. I can watch a video myself and say what Tyson did that worked, copy it, take it to the gym, and get the shit beaten out of my. If i don't know when I should be doing something, copying video can only get you a certain distance

I find a lot of these breakdowns, not just yours in particular, tend to frame by frame commentary's rather than actual whys whens and hows. Ok, Tyson slipped in a specific way. Why? Why did his style work better with this than a more traditional style? Did he always do it or just in some particular GIF you cut? What are the disadvantages? Why did it not work in his loses? What did he throw off it and why?
Just saying "he did this", "he did that" isn't really useful unless you can give the underlying reason why it was done. I can watch a video myself and say what Tyson did that worked, copy it, take it to the gym, and get the shit beaten out of my. If i don't know when I should be doing something, copying video can only get you a certain distance

u r absolutely right, how and why are coming slowly, we want to avoid BS

I will incorporate your comments into the articles

Last edited:
Producing a website is a bit harder than a wank

Now that is the first compliment from you!

Yes and no, sometimes reasons could be just fun and different look on the same stuff (I am not talking about myself). Anyway, there is no rule that forbids me making a website.

I sincerely encourage you to make one on your own, it is not hard. Then you can prove to sugarboxing and expertboxing who is the best.

If you see a problem with my website, it is very good. It means you have a concept in your head, which can make a better website and the way things done than my. I had the same experience after looking at expertboxing and mightyfighter

Rossboxing is just fitness. Boxing technique is different

Myboxingcoach is boring as F. I do not care what sort of "pros" work there. Pro boxing SHOULD be exciting like Sugar Rays, Tyson and such. I prefer to see my idols doing stuff, not some average joes...

Boxers without any significant distinctive achievement. I do not want to be like these guys, sorry. This is why, going to the next point:

People come to the website because of ... themselves. They are interested in Tyson, etc, not in me. I am quite ok with that.

I am not a teacher, I am a shadow interpretor, an observer. Deal with it

I do what I can, but it is not as easy as you think. Try to run a website before you can judge me.

I got nothing to prove.

They are just above the level of your intelligence.

What's that quote? The wise man can play the part of a fool, but a fool can never play the part of a wise man?

You don't realize how much you follow up my insults by making a mockery of yourself when you insinuate possessing higher intelligence. You write as if English was your second language. Then you go on to say about how these people who "have done nothing" aren't the people you want to learn from... but who the fuck are you? ...and why would anyone want to learn from you, who has done less than these pros?

Hey first post so whats up!

Just want to say there is no reason the original poster should be getting any b.s. for his efforts in this article.

If anyone in the boxing game is going to turn down anyone elses knowledge then they are just letting their pride get the best of them.

I've yet to see any disagreement or analysis of a technique discussed in the article. If anyone disagrees with the actual techniques discussed in the articles then please discuss the techniques instead of disagreeing with the original posters articles just so you can disagree with something.

Im not saying this to be a dick or smart ass, I am saying it for the sake of the discussion and for the sake of boxing knowledge.

Hey first post so whats up!

Just want to say there is no reason the original poster should be getting any b.s. for his efforts in this article.

If anyone in the boxing game is going to turn down anyone elses knowledge then they are just letting their pride get the best of them.

I've yet to see any disagreement or analysis of a technique discussed in the article. If anyone disagrees with the actual techniques discussed in the articles then please discuss the techniques instead of disagreeing with the original posters articles just so you can disagree with something.

Im not saying this to be a dick or smart ass, I am saying it for the sake of the discussion and for the sake of boxing knowledge.

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel your statement argues for the preservation of boxing knowledge. Before you answer, take into consideration both the nature of the "knowledge"...and some people's general questioning of where any "knowledge" being displayed publicly comes from.

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel your statement argues for the preservation of boxing knowledge. Before you answer, take into consideration both the nature of the "knowledge"...and some people's general questioning of where any "knowledge" being displayed publicly comes from.

Its more of a request than trying to argue a point. This could be an interesting thread imo if more was discussed about the content of the article.

Dont get me wrong I see where everyone is coming from on both sides but I would like to take this article and thread for what it is (analysis of Tyson's style) and discuss.

I think the example of how Tyson slip to the inside of the jab then slips the right hand is a pretty solid technique. I've used it a couple times sparring and it seems to create openings. Anyone else expeiremented with this?

Back