How to rock like Mike Tyson @ sugarboxing

I've gotta say, you've really got something here.

My shoveling has never had so much power as it does after watching this.

I've gotta say, you've really got something here.

My shoveling has never had so much power as it does after watching this.

Neighbors are starting to wonder why you dick-bump your shovel handle when you scoop, but they are clearly impressed by the results!

Patterson and Tyson were VERY similar and pretty much both grew up with the peekaboo style I think Torres found D'Amato much later in his career but I haven't seen much of him tbh. Both Tyson and Patterson were small HWs so surely a boxer who is big for his divison would fight slightly different but what's described in the article is pretty textbook peekaboo style. Patterson, Tyson, Povetkin when he got trained by Atlas they all use(d) those techniques

I really doubt the "textbook" part of this article considering he basically cross stitched it from interviews and just watching Tyson (who was already a extremely gifted guy in the first place with his speed and power). And i also take issue with the authenticity given that the author isnt a guy from the lineage attempting to elaborate a system by just watching its most notable practitioner. But whatever, it is not my race.

I think we all know that this is the only way to really rock like Mike Tyson...

but thanks for trying!

I really doubt the "textbook" part of this article considering he basically cross stitched it from interviews and just watching Tyson (who was already a extremely gifted guy in the first place with his speed and power). And i also take issue with the authenticity given that the author isnt a guy from the lineage attempting to elaborate a system by just watching its most notable practitioner. But whatever, it is not my race.

Nuke, this guy is so stupid that the level of logic you're trying to push just isn't being received.

Come...

Joke with us.

Nuke, this guy is so stupid that the level of logic you're trying to push just isn't being received.

Come...

Joke with us.

Last few weeks i dogpiled wiz and goldennboy already. Now you dogpile him for me, plz.

Last edited:
I really doubt the "textbook" part of this article considering he basically cross stitched it from interviews and just watching Tyson (who was already a extremely gifted guy in the first place with his speed and power).

Nobody claims it is a "textbook"

Any suggestion on a different method of analysis, apart from "cross stitched it from interviews and just watching Tyson"?

I would like to visit Catskill, talk to Rooney or even better talk to Tyson, but at the moment it is not possible.

Nobody claims it is a "textbook"

Any suggestion on a different method of analysis, apart from "cross stitched it from interviews and just watching Tyson"?

I would like to visit Catskill, talk to Rooney or even better talk to Tyson, but at the moment it is not possible.

I wasn't talking to you. And I already outlined in my previous replies on why I had issues with your articles. There's no need to rehash it.

I wasn't talking to you.

You were talking about me, no?

And I already outlined in my previous replies on why I had issues with your articles. There's no need to rehash it.

You can keep them to yourself. I was asking for constructive criticism. You and your boddy only point problems, but do not provide anything usefull. One can find shit or prescribe shit to anything, no special skills required

Last edited:

You can keep them to yourself. I was asking for constructive criticism. You and your boddy only point problems, but do not provide anything usefull. One can find shit or prescribe shit to anything, no special skills required

:icon_lol:

It really is a bullshit complaint. Regardless of the validity of the article, it says "how to box like Mike Tyson" and not "how to master the peak-a-boo" style so crying over the fact that the peek-a-boo is tailored for every boxer is completely needless.

It really is a bullshit complaint. Regardless of the validity of the article, it says "how to box like Mike Tyson" and not "how to master the peak-a-boo" style so crying over the fact that the peek-a-boo is tailored for every boxer is completely needless.

I only complain to make my ego bigger (just like my ever increasing jean size) so please don't mind me.

You should add Atlas to your list of people to talk to if you're that interested in understanding the full intricacies of the system. Teddy is also probably the most accessible person to you. All you have to do is attend an ESPN taping anywhere near you and you can get some time to speak to him. He's reasonable about chatting with fans.

Nuclearlandmine, stop derailing this thread like you do every time, whenever you don't agree with someone. You hardly contribute to any discussions besides rolling your eyes and posting stupid gifs.

B-b-b-but he doesn't have a direct lineage to Cus D'amato! How dare he try to breakdown Tysons style!

Oh, fuck off with that shit. Go troll Expertboxing or something.

NVsemin visual aids of how Tyson moved is actually pretty on point. Especially the level change at the knees involved in his bobbing technique.

Last edited:
I actually took the time to read this. It's much worse than I thought.

No.

I would like to expose my series "The Science of Mike Tyson and Elements of Peek-A-Boo" to your constructive criticism.

BUT DON'T SAY ANYTHING BAD, because you're wrong.

I know some people complain about grammar and typos,
Like people who understand the importance of education and its role in conveying your ideas
but our blog is more about pictures and the message.
Yes, because picture books are for people who can't read. Or the people who order Taco Bell by shouting the number adjacent to the picture of the thing that looks the most appetizing.

We always encourage the readers to read between the lines and go on their own beyond our basic sketchy descriptions.
And your descriptions are both basic and sketchy, but "reading between the lines"... I would change that to "reading another source"

We plan 10-15 article in total, covering all major aspects of this style!
Our goal is not to produce a guide like @ expertboxing (10 steps to this shit, 20 types of this crap),
... consistent in your approach I see.

Part I (Intro) - still WIP
Part fucking 1 isn't done? Jesus.

shovel-hook-hip-hunch.gif

I've never Salsa danced with a shovel before.

Lastly, your gifs are racist. Why's it gotta be the black guy doing peek-a-boo?

Dude....

Nuke, just hold me please.

Sin, stop encouraging him.

Last edited:
I actually took the time to read this. It's much worse than I thought.

The post or the articles?

BUT DON'T SAY ANYTHING BAD, because you're wrong.

For your information, constructive means when you are trying to add something, not break everything

Like people who understand the importance of education and its role in conveying your ideas

I do not believe in the importance of education. Education produces abused children like you.

Yes, because picture books are for people who can't read. Or the people who order Taco Bell by shouting the number adjacent to the picture of the thing that looks the most appetizing.

Read above, abused by reading too much child. The rest of people are free to choose between text of images without your help.

And your descriptions are both basic and sketchy, but "reading between the lines"... I would change that to "reading another source"

Gimme another source link. There is NOTHING on Tyson.

... consistent in your approach I see.

Do you understand the difference between bullet points and a story?

Part fucking 1 isn't done? Jesus.

Like you care.

I've never Salsa danced with a shovel before.

I have not done this, I have not seen that ... Who the F r u, that we must care?

Lastly, your gifs are racist. Why's it gotta be the black guy doing peek-a-boo?

Racism is your problem, not mine
Racism is in your HEAD, not in my articles

I'm here apizur, i'm here....

Hi, doggy

Last edited:

Ok textbook might not be the right term but most of the things (at least the defensive stuff) is from clips when young Tyson was training with Atlas or Rooney. If you think that way there shouldn't eb articles on the styles of any fighter

Nuclear and Apizur you guys are acting like children. Why the big thorn in your side?

Visual aids can be very useful and is not only for the illiterate, as you pointed out. It definitely helps understanding angles and level changing better.

Regarding the article. Almost every piece has flaws and this is not a troll attempt. The man put several hours into trying to teach something, so atleast aknowledge that before derailing a thread that the rest of us might want to discuss. Now I'll try to give some constructive criticism, because the piece does have flaws:

First of all, I know it is trying to teach you how to fight like Tyson, but the style was tailor made for him, for a reason. I think it's important you emphasize more how taxing that style is and maybe lean up a bit on the overly square stance. Tysons did stand very square, but his feet was not a line like that and he used his hips more than shown in the animations. You should definitely advocate tweaking the style to use the hips more to proctect the lower back. The style as portrayed is very dangerous for especially beginners. Which leads me to the animations.

All the theory seems pretty solid, in that Tyson DID fight like that, but some of the animations are too crude and might lead to misinterpretation. However combining them with the real gifs, as you did, makes it better.

I'm also not to fond of the disfigured twist before moving the upper body on hooks/uppercuts and not simultaniously or sligthly ahead. Either way it's exaggerated. Oh and another thing worth touching on in the future was his use of distance and seperation. That was very important for his style and what prevented him from getting smothered when attacking.

I know you put in a lot of work, but I think the presentation is a bit rushed and unorganized. It could use more in depth text and a few more real gifs/less animations. I think streamlining the layout and adding a bit more sructure to the side would go a long way. Anyway, hope to see it improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuclear and Apizur you guys are acting like children. Why the big thorn in your side?

It's pretty simple, he's just not ready.

When you produce something so grand as a website, and in the fashion that he does, it alludes to you having some serious knowledge. Look at Rossboxing, Myboxingcoach, etc. You've got actual pro fighters demonstrating and explaining the boxing that they lived and experienced. This guy wasn't even willing to tell us what his experience was. In fact, he became defensive when I asked him about it. That's a pretty foreseeable question when you take the role of a teacher. The last time I ran into a guy like him. It was somebody at the end of his first year who had spent a total of 5 rounds sparring... who began yelling corrections at the other students. He soon found his way out of everyone's favor with this behavior.

He can't be bothered to spellcheck or clean up his presentation, and when he receives this criticism he responds by calling those people trolls. Then he comes back and asks for criticism again, rinse, repeat. The bigger picture is that if he was to be asked to connect any missing links, he'd be doing it ad-lib... which is unfair to a new student who can't differentiate between the words he's stealing from the legitimate and the ones he's making up.

TL;DR - If you suck and act like you're legit, you're gonna be made to know.

NS Vermin.... your insults are so bad, lmao.

Back