How to make hands bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hang weights off of my fingers for extended periods of time in order to lengthen them. This is usually for a minimum of 4 hours a day, but I try to shoot for 6 hours. You don't need a whole lot of weight. Start out with 2.5 plates hanging from each finger and gradually work your way to heavier weights. 2.5 lbs may not sound like much, but after a few hours, it gets pretty painful. Now I'm working with 10 lbs per finger and in two weeks, I'll be increasing to 12.5 lbs.

In addition, I do a lot of grip work so that my hands thicken up and don't look out of proportion. High reps are the key to this. I try to do 4,000 reps per hand with a gripper. I got mine from K-mart. Don't bother with the Captains of Crush or any other heavy-duty gripper. They're not meant to add size, just strength. Not that strength is bad, but you shouldn't worry about it until your hands are as big as you want them. There's basically no way to maintain hand strength while trying to enlarge them.

So far, I've been doing this for 8 months and my hands have gone from 7.25" to 7.875". It's taken a long time, but an increase of 5/8" is pretty good, I think.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

I'm serious. It's often done in Africa and is very similar to using progressively larger disks in your lip or adding rings around your neck, as seen in these pictures.

488521948dlcLwA_ph.jpg

400px-Kayan_woman_with_neck_rings.jpg

I hang weights off of my fingers for extended periods of time in order to lengthen them. This is usually for a minimum of 4 hours a day, but I try to shoot for 6 hours. You don't need a whole lot of weight. Start out with 2.5 plates hanging from each finger and gradually work your way to heavier weights. 2.5 lbs may not sound like much, but after a few hours, it gets pretty painful. Now I'm working with 10 lbs per finger and in two weeks, I'll be increasing to 12.5 lbs.

In addition, I do a lot of grip work so that my hands thicken up and don't look out of proportion. High reps are the key to this. I try to do 4,000 reps per hand with a gripper. I got mine from K-mart. Don't bother with the Captains of Crush or any other heavy-duty gripper. They're not meant to add size, just strength. Not that strength is bad, but you shouldn't worry about it until your hands are as big as you want them. There's basically no way to maintain hand strength while trying to enlarge them.

So far, I've been doing this for 8 months and my hands have gone from 7.25" to 7.875". It's taken a long time, but an increase of 5/8" is pretty good, I think.

are you serious?

Whack off more.

This is the first time I've heard this asked. As far as I know outside of some radical surgery there is no way to make your hands bigger, you can make them stronger however.

Post of the month.

Edit: shit just realized this is very old

Whack off more.

This is the first time I've heard this asked. As far as I know outside of some radical surgery there is no way to make your hands bigger, you can make them stronger however.

Hmm I have noticed that I have unusually large hands for my body size...

Stop trolling - MoM's helping the kid out. We can't all have giant Don Fry hands like you, you know.

maybe all the beer has impaired my observational skills

This thread isn't a joke the rest of me is ok but I got small hands, I want like big king kong hands especially when I clench a fist they look small. Would a heavy bag do anything for em?

You can do like the old orientals, and calcify them. They will grow like mad. Start off hitting the backs of your hands with small sandbags, and work up to bags of rice, then small pebbles. You want to adapt to hitting them with a small hammer. This will encourage the bones to grow, so take in more milk too, for calcium. Also, get a canvas bag and hit it unwrapped. It will thicken the skin. Then hang a piece of 6x6 wood and hit it.

I'm serious. It's often done in Africa and is very similar to using progressively larger disks in your lip or adding rings around your neck, as seen in these pictures.

488521948dlcLwA_ph.jpg

400px-Kayan_woman_with_neck_rings.jpg

How old are you? I heard during adolescent that bones grow, but not too much for adutls

MoM is serious, his hands are pretty gnarly. We met at the Arnold Classic, and almost shit my pants when I saw how big his hands have gotten since last year. Here's me and him:

1y4704.jpg

Have you tried this on your 11th finger as well? You know what I'm talking about....

MoM is serious, his hands are pretty gnarly. We met at the Arnold Classic, and almost shit my pants when I saw how big his hands have gotten since last year. Here's me and him:

1y4704.jpg

*forgot the Arnolds were in Russia* lol

~Foz

lMAO. I thought he was being serious. At first I read 4 minutes, but now I see it's 4 hours. I'm like, 'ok, this dude is definity shitting me'

I shook hands with Enson Inoue once. My hands were bigger than his, but his hand was like a rock. It was weird, he had more muscles in his hands than most people do on their whole arm. When he hits someone, it must feel like a sledgehammer. He's a BJJ blackbelt, and he lifts weights, so that's a good place to start. I noticed since I started grappling with a gi and doing sandbag workouts, my hands are a bit bigger, especially the fleshy bits above the thumb.

i know this post was in 2005 but i'd like to point out thats anatomically impossible.

I don't think there is any muscle in the hand itself, only connective tissue.

Your hands can get thicker and stronger with different types of gripping exercises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back