How to make hands bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
carped33z said:
high volume gripper and other hand shit will make your hands bigger but only over time. carpenters, mechanics and other laborers all have massive hands from years of using their hands. if you want to see some big ass hands check out a lumber jack. i could get two fingers in this guy's wedding ring.
I think that may be consequence of an anthropic principle, however. That is, they have large hands therefore they are more often to be sucessful carpenters, mechanics and other laborers. Correlation does not imply causation as my Material Science professor says.

Frodo said:
I think that may be consequence of an anthropic principle, however. That is, they have large hands therefore they are more often to be sucessful carpenters, mechanics and other laborers. Correlation does not imply causation as my Material Science professor says.

i understand what you are saying, but there is a reason there is such a thing as "old man hands." your hands respond to volume like no other area of your body.

Could the large hands found in old men be from chronic inflammation due to years of using their hands? Do they all have arthritis and large joints?

Also, lumberjacks and to a lesser extent carpenders and plumbers are a trade that is passed down from generation. Maybe your great grandpa (or great great great great grandpa if lumberjacking in finland) started to get into that business because he was naturally good at it.

I can't believe that this got to two pages. I was going to post then I thought that the guys in the beginning of the thread covered it. This should have been stopped after the first response.

You cannot increase your hands size. People who do a LOT of grippers do not need to buy the next size up of gloves or resize their wedding rings after going through KTA on grippers. Big guys who lift heavy weights have big hands because they are big overall, not because their hands hypertrophied. Yes there is muscle there but it is not easily hypertrophied. You have fast twitch muscles in your jaw, in your eyelids, and in your feet, but they do not hypertrophy to any large extent. Same with the hands.

I work for a moving company while putting myself through school. My hands have gotten signifigantly larger while working their. I notice especially in the palms, they are much bigger and meatier. It is possible hence the reason that most guys who do physical labor have bigger and stronger hands. Just my 2 cents.

If you want bulkier hands play video games and lift weights.

Please tell me your joking about the video games. Only Atari could make your hands stronger. The Atari 2600 was extremely intense.

Rjkd12 said:
Could the large hands found in old men be from chronic inflammation due to years of using their hands? Do they all have arthritis and large joints?

Also, lumberjacks and to a lesser extent carpenders and plumbers are a trade that is passed down from generation. Maybe your great grandpa (or great great great great grandpa if lumberjacking in finland) started to get into that business because he was naturally good at it.

I can't believe that this got to two pages. I was going to post then I thought that the guys in the beginning of the thread covered it. This should have been stopped after the first response.

You cannot increase your hands size. People who do a LOT of grippers do not need to buy the next size up of gloves or resize their wedding rings after going through KTA on grippers. Big guys who lift heavy weights have big hands because they are big overall, not because their hands hypertrophied. Yes there is muscle there but it is not easily hypertrophied. You have fast twitch muscles in your jaw, in your eyelids, and in your feet, but they do not hypertrophy to any large extent. Same with the hands.

the hands are riddled with connective tissue which does increase in size. ask clay edgin (rhetorically, since he doesnt come here anymore) if grippers, let alone 40 hours a week of manual labor, can increase your hand size.

I know clay, so I'll ask him. I don't think connective tissue really hypertophies either. I know it does to a lesser extent than skeletal muscle.

I never knew clay was here... what was/is his sn?

Rjkd12 said:
I know clay, so I'll ask him. I don't think connective tissue really hypertophies either. I know it does to a lesser extent than skeletal muscle.

I never knew clay was here... what was/is his sn?

he hasnt posted in a while but 'ClayEdgin' was his screenname. clever huh?

My hands have definitely gotten thicker since I took up regular grip training.

rickdog said:
Please tell me your joking about the video games. Only Atari could make your hands stronger. The Atari 2600 was extremely intense.
ahah

I have to quote Carnal on this one:

CarnalSalvation said:
NOT ONLY THAT, BUT YOUR HANDS WILL LITERALLY THICKEN UP. DON'T BELIEVE ME? FUCK OFF. IT'S TRUE. HEAVY GRIP TRAINING WILL THICKEN YOUR HANDS. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE GETTING THE RECOMMENDED DAILY ALLOWANCE OF CBH (APROX. 1 CAN).

so its not possible?

This is the worst bump in the history of S&P. Congratulations of your massive fail.

istockphoto_2565827_failed_test_college_concept.jpg

Awesome bump. If you want bigger hands get different parents.

You will not get -longer- hands by training.

Living a manly life -will- give you -thicker- hands. End of story.

I hang weights off of my fingers for extended periods of time in order to lengthen them. This is usually for a minimum of 4 hours a day, but I try to shoot for 6 hours. You don't need a whole lot of weight. Start out with 2.5 plates hanging from each finger and gradually work your way to heavier weights. 2.5 lbs may not sound like much, but after a few hours, it gets pretty painful. Now I'm working with 10 lbs per finger and in two weeks, I'll be increasing to 12.5 lbs.

In addition, I do a lot of grip work so that my hands thicken up and don't look out of proportion. High reps are the key to this. I try to do 4,000 reps per hand with a gripper. I got mine from K-mart. Don't bother with the Captains of Crush or any other heavy-duty gripper. They're not meant to add size, just strength. Not that strength is bad, but you shouldn't worry about it until your hands are as big as you want them. There's basically no way to maintain hand strength while trying to enlarge them.

So far, I've been doing this for 8 months and my hands have gone from 7.25" to 7.875". It's taken a long time, but an increase of 5/8" is pretty good, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back