1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

How the hell do you play Fight Night Champion?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by ZroC, Jan 14, 2013.

1. DeJulez Banned Banned

Whats funny is that I dont even play the exhibition shit.
    The real game is the OWC or Online World Championships.
    You create a player and try to win a championship.

They also have GYMs, and there are still a good number of them online on XBOX.
    There you fight gym fights and gain your points up so that when you jump in on OWC, you can have better stats.

I started 7-0, and now Im 12-7 online.

The game is great as long as your not facing some pussy who spams a fully maxed right hand, which by the way I am now beating those guys.
    Step to the left or up on the screen, Basically your stepping left or to their right when they throw it. Mix it up with timing it and shooting a straight hand to the gut and then step back and pivot out.
    Those guys start freaking out if they cant land that right,

2. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

I play the legacy mode....owc sometimes but i have a shit load of created boxers and you can import them all in the rankings.

Once you get the sliders and tendencies down it's not bad.

3. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

Really makes you appreciate just how tight this game is. The depth of strategy is unrivaled for a one on one fighter. I gotta get this for the XBone. I've been missing this shit.

4. DeJulez Banned Banned

OWC is the best because it can be like a real boxing match.
    You cant go out there and throw to many punches or you get worn out and smashed in the middle of the fight.

Also this is an 8 year old game.
    Cant wait for another one.

5. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

I still love this game. It aged so well.

But imagine how good a new one could be

The footwork movements of UFC3 with the punching controls of FNC would be the goat fighting game easily

6. DeJulez Banned Banned

Oh yea.
    All the different styles.
    Sometimes it fucks you up.
    Ill face guys who love to 1-2 and try to outbox you.
    Then youll face a guy whos shorter whos trying to fight inside all game and its a totally different fight.
    Then you get to the point where you know how they move and what punches they like to throw and you start countering them to hell....its just such a great game for boxing fans.

I will say for anyone starting out, to make sure you get your head movement down and to make it a point to go to the body early. Youll thank yourself in the mid rounds.

7. FlowchartRog Brown Belt

Haven't played a boxing game in YEARS. Used to love the first Fight Night, 2004.

It was a bit more basic than the sequels, but the core mechanics felt better to me, a bit more snappy and fluid, it kind of felt more like boxing to me. And it was pre haymakers, so arguably more realistic too.

I played Round 2, Round 3, and Round 4, but don't think I've played this one.

What is the general consensus of which one is best?

8. Mr.Maelstrom Random Flex Belt

I set the view to be as tight as possible and stuff shots just to replicate that fight night feel. Dip to my right to line up the left as a southpaw, or just throw the uppercut after I dip right or left. Use backfist for the jab, and looping straight as my 2. If I'm against kimbo, or Hunt, I time elbows.

It's a fun game but we need a new fight night

9. Mr.Maelstrom Random Flex Belt

3&4 were perfect. 3 allowed you to choose your fouls even. Elbow and knee to the groin. Made for some epic KO sequences

10. Mr.Maelstrom Random Flex Belt

11. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

I like throwing up or down the middle to head or to the body in ufc3. Mixing front kicks to the head and body, knees to body as they come in but you'll get caught easily that way, left jab/right leg kick combo or vice versa in southpaw is always easy to score with.

I sort of suck at landing elbows.

My general philosophy is to let your opponent fall into one of those shots that don't take a lot of energy but still land stuns or knockdowns.....if i go for quick ko's there's a 75 percent chance i get ko'd lol

12. Mr.Maelstrom Random Flex Belt

Dude, my approach is almost word for word what you said. The elbows are a bit funky, but against short, stocky bombers the elbow catches them mid haymaker/overhand. Or, throw a jab then the opposite elbow.

I also taunt when I'm Nick or Nate. They fight better if you incorporate taunts which is pretty spot on. Makes it more immersive as well

13. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

Violent Bob got power in his hands now?

I have two major problems

In career mode on legendary difficulty....the big boss characters make no sense. I went 34-3 while moving up to 145. Unbeaten at 135, absolutely ran through everyone for some reason.
    At 145 the big boss character is Frankie Edgar on legendary. On hard or whatever it's Holloway.

And Edgar was my only 3 losses. He is unstoppable. Like Michael Johnson vs Khabib every time.

And heavyweight Werdum fucks you up even worse with a triangle in 90 seconds every time.

And the rankings make zero sense. And guys fight to age 60.

FNC was the same but actually better because every boxer retires at around 35 to 40

I like career modes. It's embarrassing to admit but it is what it is

14. Mr.Maelstrom Random Flex Belt

I like career mode as well, but it's the inbetween fights stuff that ruins it. You learn a new headkick by sparking a training partner with it until he's down?? Like whyyy lol. I hate to trick with the AI. But I do in one area. I turn stamina cost down all the way for both me and the cpu. Its a game, I want wars between tireless gunslingers that's the true litmus test

15. Kenneth Farmer White Belt

Honestly my favorite game.. and yes It can be a bit iffy online SOMETIMES!

16. HelpYouFall Purple Belt

In the kitchen, not bothered over a steak.
    I can't believe this game is 8 years old. WTF, time flies...

Fight Night > the THQ UFC games > EA UFC games for me

Which is odd to me, I thought I'd like the EA UFC games more than the THQ ones, but maybe they're not made by the same guys that made Fight Night?

I remember 2K also had a boxing game, but it was complete dogshit if I recall correctly

17. XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

wahhh!

I love that game! And o block you have to continuously hit the button for blocking. If you just hold onto it punches get thru

18. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

Idk about a general consensus, but it was round 3 for me. That was the first online game that I was any good at. I used to love trolling the bombastic shit talkers. I would just toy with them until their stamina was low, then narrate the systematic destruction that would follow. Nothing makes people more mad than telling them what you're going to do and still doing it.

19. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

The striking was better in the EA ones, but the grappling was much, much worse imo. So, it's a give and take. I prefer to play the UFC games as kickboxing simulators anyway, so I'll take the EA ones.

20. Gambit MMA UNDEFEATED YAMMAWEIGHT CHAMPION

Ea mma was fun. Kind of underrated