How the hell do you play Fight Night Champion?

The reason online sucks is because of two things...

1) There is some sort of sloppy, albeit slight, delay in controls. I think some people can get use to it and others cant. I fucking can't. Making it impossible to continuously counter someone spamming straight rights with a maxed out right hand.

2) That stupid point system, made it possible to buy points and boosts. They got greedy and while I think they probably made bank, it's going to hurt them in the long run when no one buys the next game.

For someone like me, who was ranked as high as 2 or 3 in the world in FN4, when I started playing that game it was disgusting. They made controls easier, the controls were slow and sloppy. The game just had a different feel to it.

Never played online but I truly hated FNC.

F'n fight night, how does it work?

The game is all about counters. When he comes at you with constant shots, some nice counter shots to the belly will destroy that stamina quick.

The game is all about counters. When he comes at you with constant shots, some nice counter shots to the belly will destroy that stamina quick.

This.

Counter body shots and uppercuts are key.

This.

Counter body shots and uppercuts are key.

This isn't possible due to the response time online. It has nothing to do with connect either. My connection is great, but there is always a slight lag, and sometimes no response at all.

I don't know if some people just get use to that lag? Or some people just dont have it?

fight night round 4 was awesome, loved the controls.

but fight night champion sucked a big bag of balls, the punches are delayed and the stamina drains fast as hell.

Lol wut? round 4 was atrocious while champion was vastly superior. animation in 4 was a fucking joke too.

Joe Calzaghe is pretty underated on there. He's a 99 speed southpaw I believe. I catch a lot of people off guard when I pick him, all I do is circle to the right and land the right hook at will. Then I start combos to the body and throwing the straight left more.

Stepping to the right, or flicking down opens beats a lot of guys who ALWAYS lead with their left.

I tend to pick outside fighters and I've never really found a problem with unlimited stamina.

For instance, the most common pick I find online, Ali vs Tyson. I have never seen a Tyson who doesn't wear himself out in the final rounds. I do what I always do, stay out of range, let him chase me, throw some crazy hooks and then punish him with a jab or straight. Usually they win the first 2 or 3 rounds but after that they slow down. I usually knock them out in the last few rounds, or win a dominant decision.

I've never had a problem with guys with unlimited stamina, I've found if I just be patient and box properly, usually I end up alright. If I lose, its because I lose patience, or the guy is simply better then me.

Maybe I'm just really lucky with who I'm matched up with?

I play on the PS3, didn't buy an online pass, so I just play with people in person, it's more fun that way imo

As Teddy Atlas says: Straight is great

Commentary can be fun sometimes

I remember when Warcraft 3 started getting hacked people went into full denile mode about it. I just think it's the same with the people who say they don't notice this stuff. I just fought an SRL who spanned the fuck out of left jabs and hooks endlessly for 3 rounds and my guy wouldn't block any of them. Meanwhile anything I throw seems to be deflected off his body as if I'm hitting a sponge.They get fucking counter punches on me when I'm moving backward and doing nothing.

I remember when Warcraft 3 started getting hacked people went into full denile mode about it. I just think it's the same with the people who say they don't notice this stuff. I just fought an SRL who spanned the fuck out of left jabs and hooks endlessly for 3 rounds and my guy wouldn't block any of them. Meanwhile anything I throw seems to be deflected off his body as if I'm hitting a sponge.They get fucking counter punches on me when I'm moving backward and doing nothing.

I have fought guys who use Tyson and they never appear to lose Stamina. I know there is something going wrong, because guys who throw even less punches are done in 5 or 6 rds, and I will finish them off. This Tyson I recently fought was still going strong through rd 7 before he finished me.

As much as I complain about this game I really don't lose often. Its just shit like that gets to me. Completely unskilled people winning. Like on OWC. People early on max out one hand. Straight right. You can be the best player on the planet and still might get dropped.

Some people online cheat. The sun rises in the east.

I play many online games and I dont get upset about cheaters because why bother?

I don't play much online, but my gt is gory lobotomist for xbox360 and I wouldn't mind playing legit fights with people not using "story mode" characters

Have the game and absolutely hate the lag. If you notice how slow the game is when your throw a punch its quite annoying. In fact I think its possibly the ps3 showing its age.
I have a slim model running a 120gb ssd drive and its still slow as balls and input lag from the controller shows. I also have an x360 running a 320gb scorpio and there is minimal (if any) input lag.
I hope the next gen consoles dont have any of this shit lag.

Have the game and absolutely hate the lag. If you notice how slow the game is when your throw a punch its quite annoying. In fact I think its possibly the ps3 showing its age.
I have a slim model running a 120gb ssd drive and its still slow as balls and input lag from the controller shows. I also have an x360 running a 320gb scorpio and there is minimal (if any) input lag.
I hope the next gen consoles dont have any of this shit lag.

It's nothing to do with the consoles or their age. The creators purposely included the punch delay to create a more tactical feel.

I have fought guys who use Tyson and they never appear to lose Stamina. I know there is something going wrong, because guys who throw even less punches are done in 5 or 6 rds, and I will finish them off. This Tyson I recently fought was still going strong through rd 7 before he finished me.

As much as I complain about this game I really don't lose often. Its just shit like that gets to me. Completely unskilled people winning. Like on OWC. People early on max out one hand. Straight right. You can be the best player on the planet and still might get dropped.

Step back, straight right. Step back, straight right. That's all they fucking do. That's why I nearly maxed my character's head movement and blocking, to counter those assholes.

It's easy as piss. Constantly move your head and just counter the shit out of them with uppercuts. Jab in the center of the ring, back off then counter whilst moving your head when he comes forward.

Do this with Isaac Frost and its very hard to lose. The only time I lose with him is when someone is REALLY good with Tyson.

So your're one of those online pussies that pick Frost online eh?

Why not grow a pair and use a real boxer instead of a cheap, made up boss character with inflated stats.

Shits weak as fuck

Holy old ass thread, Batman.

But yeah, you just gotta get the fundamentals down, and use them appropriately for each boxer. Unless you're using Frost. If you're using Frost, you're a cheap bitch. It's like choosing Oddjob in Goldeneye. Don't be a Frost using bitch.

Back