How often do you wash your car? Do you do it yourself or do you use the car wash?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I used to wash and wax my car myself, but now I just go through the automated car wash. Some do a very good job and it only takes like 2 minutes.

Occasionally. The inside cleaning matters more to me than the outside. I have kids and there are tons of corn pop's and assorted daycare treats gathering as we speak.

Vacuum/MrClean wash in the next few days

Inside and out 4 times a year. Always myself.

Hit the car wash every couple of weeks, unless it needs it bad.

I normally do it myself at a garage with pressure hoses, but if I'm really lazy, I sometimes take it to the car wash. Automatic car washes can fuck up your paint work.

Give me car a good clean once a week.

There is a car wash here that is old school

Take your car and pay like 5 bucks and you can use the preasure hose and all the good soap and shit

o.jpg

This is a picture of the actual place

i have washed my shit here a bunch of times

I just got a new truck about 8 weeks ago so I wash it and clean inside once every two weeks. We have big car wash bays at work because we have like 50 company vehicles and I use them. We have pole brushes that spit out soap and water and all the tools like vacuums and cleaner etc.

Before I got a new ride I was more like once a month.

When it rains they get a good wash. I live in the country and 75% of my driving is on gravel so it's pointless for me to try to keep my vehicles clean.

Every 2 weeks, give or take.

You should go to the "dollar" car wash. I pay 1.75 for 7 minutes. Theres a knob and about six options. I only use two: high pressure rinse, bubble brush, then high pressure rinse, done in 6 minutes.

You get a good workout and save over 3 bucks. I get a wash once a month, so i save 36 bucks a year and burn like 1200 calories a year from it. I used to be lazy and go get ripped off through the machine, but not no more.

I normally take it to the do-it-yourself wash but it takes like $10 per time to get it thoroughly clean and it's quite a bit of work, so to change it up for at least a month I was thinking about buying a 1 month membership to the local high tech drive through car wash and giving it a shot. For the premium wash it's $15, but for the premium monthly membership it's $34.99. So if I take my car through more than twice in the month it'll be worth it. I'm gonna shoot for 10 times in 1 months to see how clean my car gets. Free vacuums too. Hopefully it doesn't fry my paint.

Then if I end up not liking it I'll just go back to the do-it-yourself thing.

Last edited:
Once every 2 weeks. I clean the floor mats everyday though. The job site I'm working at collects too much dirt on my boots throughout the day.

Depends on what vehicle and color. My daily driver a black Durango, I hand wash using the 2 bucket method. I also use Turtle wax black box kit on it twice a year(must own for black vehicles). Car wash brushes sometimes can leave a rough finish, especially on black paint. I live in WA and AK so car washes can be far between. In WA if its nice out for 10 minutes the car washes always get massive line, so that also a problem.

I have a company car- so once a week. My boss is a neat freak and having the company car is privilege worth quite a bit with cost of fuel here.

That said, i will take it through the car wash rather than hand wash.

My own personal vehicles used to only hand wash only as I doubt the machine wash is good for the paint long term .

Whenever it looks like shit, like after a rainy day when I know its not gonna rain anymore. If I had to put a time frame on it though, I'd say exterior about once every 2-3 weeks, interior about once every 6 weeks. I usually just wash it myself with the hose and a bucket of water with the soap/wax mixture, comes out looking really nice. When I'm extra lazy though I'll just hit the carwash.

I do wipe my car down fairly regularly though of dust and dirt just to keep it looking clean. I think its due for a good interior cleaning, probably tomorrow.

Never. It's like a lawn mower to me- just a tool to get me from A to B.

I'm driving a 1997 Toyota Camry so no I don't bother, just keep the inside clean enough for comfort.

Back