How Often Do You Train?

18 hours a week minimum more like 22, but I teach jiu jitsu for a living so that might explain it =)

ZMA for reeeeeeeal!
If nothing else, it makes your dreams pretty wild and vivid.

5xtimes a week Mon-Friday, 1.5-2 hours per session. Weights MWF 1 hour. Sat and Sunday I take off to rest.

bjj and no gi =
10-14 hours a week.
40-60 hours a month

judo =
1.5 hours week

AM training, off sundays

3-4x a week. I wish I could do more.

At most I train 4 days a week, one of those days being strength training/open mat. But at white belt I have done very well in tournaments, but I am guessing from the amount everyone here is training I am going to have to add an extra day to keep up at blue.

I just don't know if I can handle it, by the end of the week I always feel worn out.

Judo one day a week, soon to be two days a week.

BJJ twice a week, hoping to make it 3 times a week soon.

I'm lucky that my training ,work, and faimly all seem to balance out pretty well to let me train for what I think a lot.

On a good week I do 1 hour twice a week during lunch either Bjj or Thai.

M,Th,F,1.5 BJJ
Saturday 1 hour BJJ, 2 hour open mat
Wednesday 1 hour wrestling, 45 min MMA, usually some rolling
M,W, Th 1 hour Muay Thai

Most weeks I only get in one day class, and miss a Thai class. I usually hit 3 out of 4 wrestling classes a month, and try to never miss BJJ.

If I wanted to I could do an basics class on Monday instead of Thai and another one on Tuesday, but I don't think I'm missing a lot but not doing them.

When things are going well I do two days of strength and conditioning on top of it.

I think plenty of people that train 2 or 3 times a week do fine as long as they are consistent. I think they do better than the guy that trains 4 times for a couple of weeks, but than you don't see them for 2-3 weeks. But as long as you are having fun, whatever works for you.

Back