How Often Do You Train?

Neuro

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I usually train for about 2.5 hours a day, but today I stepped it up to 4 hours a day (summertime, off work currently). Tomorrow I'm gonna rest though.

How often do you guys train? If you're someone who trains for 3+ hours every day, how do you do it? My muscles can definitely handle it, but I'm really beat up and I've got mat burn everywhere, open cuts, etc. I think I'll just adjust, but I was just wondering.

Eager to hear responses

i try to go 6 days a week but due to school, girlfriend, injuries/muscle ache normally only make it to 2 on a bad week, 5-6 at best.

er 2x judo, and usually the rest 3/4 bjj and 1/4 stand up/mma.

for judo 4 hours, and bjj/stand up/mma 1 half hours.

i'm also balancing school with training, so i get around 5-6 hours of sleep a night. i usually sleep through the weekend haha

I train 5 days a week, tuesday and sunday are my off days.
For about 6 hours, 3 of which would be considered hard training, the other 3 are idk...technique training time? haha...Lots of mitt work, bag, (recently started BJJ also) pretty fun.

I usually just push through feeling beat up cause I'm used to the feeling I guess...
My wrists, face, hands, knees, and feet are pretty nasty right now, but I push through without going overboard.

6-12 times a week depending whether I have a tourney or a fight coming up.

3 hours a day(2 X 1.5 hours)at high pace.

gym - 3 times a week

kickboxing - 3 times a week

grappling - 3 times a week

conditioning - 3 times a week

I usually train 3-4 hours every day, 6 days a week. I'm not prone to mat burn or cuts, so I don't really have to deal with that. But when you get real sore, just take a hot bath and put some icy-hot or namman muay if you happen to have some. It works wonders.

at least 7 times a week

BJJ - 2 hours a day(twice for 2 hours on fridays)at high pace.

gym - 1 or 2 times a week depending on what I do on the weekend

kickboxing - 2 times a week (sparring once a week)

Conditioning - twice a week but only before a tournament

Judo- Every Friday-every other Wednesday

Ju Jitsu- Every Monday-every other Wednesday

Wrestling- Next time Summer practice gets set up

Weight training- Tuesday and Thursday mornings plus rolling when I can get someone there

Cardio- Running or bike when my knee is no longer sprained. Swimming for now. Every day.

In short, not enouigh

6-12 times a week depending whether I have a tourney or a fight coming up.

3 hours a day(2 X 1.5 hours)at high pace.

gym - 3 times a week

kickboxing - 3 times a week

grappling - 3 times a week

conditioning - 3 times a week

Damn, props.

during the school year i train every night, between 1.5 hours to 3, usually 2.25 (each session being 45 minutes, doing 3 sessions).
of late, i've been training 3 times a day. yesterday was a 4.25 hour day (morning and noon an hour each, night same as usual). i bike to training 2 out of the three times i train. i'm peaking and plateauing very quickly. i like it.

for your matburn: vaseline and moisturizer all the time, and wear rashguards.

If you're someone who trains for 3+ hours every day, how do you do it? My muscles can definitely handle it, but I'm really beat up and I've got mat burn everywhere, open cuts, etc. I think I'll just adjust, but I was just wondering.

I had been training 8 times a week, 6 GI and 2 NOGI.

A couple of weeks ago I started going in to work early so I could hit morning classes as well. I'm doing BJJ ~12-13 times a week now. Plus weight training 2x a week.

I can't roll as hard every roll. I have to pace myself each roll and use as much technique as possible so I don't wear my body down. Hard rolling is good for training... but it's nice to incorporate some Light rolling to prevent physical breakdown.

Damn. I dont know how you guys can train so much. The most I ever trained was 5 times a week. Right now I only find time for 1-2.

If your training 4+ times a week and have a job basically almost all your free time is taken up by bjj. Im single, working and find it difficult ever going more than 3-4 times a week. Cant imagine if I was married/had kids. Props to you guys who can pull it off.

I train six days a week and try to go twice a day monday through thrusday, I consider that my official schedule but often times I will only go once on one or two of those days. So I get between 8 and 10 training sessions in a week and each session is about 2.5 hours.

Judo MW 2 hour class
BJJ TTh Morning class (1 hour) and Evening class (1.5 hours)

7 days a week.

2-5 hours depending on the day. strenuous activity varies also. some days I just do BJJ, others I add in strength and conditioning, and others I crosstrain. I take a day or 2 off or just teach a little when I'm really sore, but I don't have any day scheduled for -off.-

For me, its all about post-workout nutrition and adequate sleep. If I eat well and either nap or get a solid 7-8 hours, I feel invincible.

4 times a week.... sometimes 5

I don't get how you guys can train so much! not that i don't love it, but don't you all have jobs and girlfriends that eat up your time. oh and sleep too!

Back