How Often Do You Train?

I trained 4 times last week but it was my first week back

got my arm popped last week so I took today off. Hoping to make it every morning thru saturday this week too.

I try to train BJJ at least 4-5 times a week 2 hours each time.
Other than that I run a few days a week, and also lift a few days a week.

2-3 times a week 6 weeks before a tournament, otherwise I don't train bjj. Just do other stuff like swimming and biking to keep in reasonable shape.

3 times a week MWF. 2.5 to 3 hours at a time all BJJ. I'd do more but I need to balance BJJ, family and work.

I usually train for about 2.5 hours a day, but today I stepped it up to 4 hours a day (summertime, off work currently). Tomorrow I'm gonna rest though.

How often do you guys train? If you're someone who trains for 3+ hours every day, how do you do it? My muscles can definitely handle it, but I'm really beat up and I've got mat burn everywhere, open cuts, etc. I think I'll just adjust, but I was just wondering.

Eager to hear responses

Train slower on some days, take supplements, and most of all EAT GOOD!

ZMA is a life saver for me, and I also take a good multi-viatament specifically designed for athletes. Glutamine, and Protein supplaments also help, but I get most of my protein through my diet.

If you want to train everyday, but don't know what ZMA is, go do yourself a favor and find out. Glutamine is a big help also, and so is protein, but ZMA is the number 1 on my list.

I workout 6-7 days a week.

BJJ 1 or 2 days a week (wanting to do more) & lifting, running, swimming, biking, etc. the rest of the week.

Being married with a kid & living 30 minutes away from the gym kind of hinders my BJJ time.

I train 3-4 days a week - MWF formal classes at the academy...another day of the week usually Tuesday or Thursday I'll do an open mat training with my partner to drill moves and roll for about 2 hours. I'll also do cardio and light lifting on Saturday/sometimes Sunday.

I feel really beat when I do bjj for 3 days in a roll without a break....but I miss training even when i'm sore lol

3-4 times a week + 1-2 days of strength/conditioning, usually 2 birds with 1 stone by using kb's...but that + 1-2 days has only just become consistent...that doesn't include hiking/biking/basketball or whatever else I do for fun outside of "training specific" exercise.

I train 3 and a half hours 4 days a week, 1 on Friday, and lift on Saturday. Tho I'm about to add another hour in the morning everyday.

Mon & Wed - kids class (teach) 4:30 - 5:15pm, open mat 5:15 - 6pm, adult bjj class 6 - 7pm
Tue & Thur - lunch class (teach) 12 - 1pm, adult bjj class 7:30 - 8:30pm, open mat 8:30 - 9pm
Sat - advanced bjj class 9:30 - 11am, open mat 11am - 12pm

Our lunch classes are like semi-privates / Q&A sessions where guys will ask questions about things they've been dealing with in rolling. Our regular adult classes are 10 min warm-up then 50 min of drilling what our instructor teaches that night.

The advanced class is about 30 min of either specific stuff from our instructor or open Q&A, followed by 1 hour of rolling with colored belts before the regular open mat. This way by the time the white belts get there for Sat morning open mat, all the advanced guys have been training for over an hour and are already tired; really forces us to rely on technique and makes for some good rolls with the newer guys.

Not often enough. GAAAHHhhh!!!!!

3 days a week, about 2 hours at a time right now. My instructor has a very high paying job, and is actually paying a black belt from Brazil to come and teach at our club (as long as he can get his work visa). When/if he gets here, I imagine they'll bump the classes to 5 a week.

Best part is, for the students at least, average class size is 4-5 people. So we'll all get a lot of one on one time with the black belt.

It's the summer, I'm out of school and on my own so I'm OCD with this stuff right now :icon_twis

BJJ: about 8-10 times a week for about 1-3 hours each day (vary between working hard and getting in as many rolls as possible to light days where I drill, drill, drill and drill some more)

Cardio: about 20-60 minutes every day (vary between sprints, hills, long distance, intervals, etc)

Weight Training/ Circuit Training: about 60 minutes every day (varying body areas and type of training, I like to do mostly circuit type stuff rounds with medicine balls, bags, bands, and bodyweight, till exhaustion then right on to the next exercise)
I also spend at least 30 minutes doing grip strength stuff too, while I'm sitting around watching some tv or whatever.

Like everyone else said, eating healthy, getting enough sleep, and listening to my body. Being able to tell the difference between NEEDING a break and just being lazy is important.

I compete about once every other month, so I like to keep myself in good shape, conditioning, strength, and skill wise.

3-4 times a week.

I always train weekends and I try to get a couple of days in during the week, but with my job it's hard :/. Still, about 4, so I can't complain(too much) ;P

Monday twice a day
Tuesday at night
Wednesday at night
Thursday twice a day
Saturday in the morning

7 times a week.

Back