How much would you need to move to Thailand?

10 grand a year i assume? Should be easy if you are modest.

Is your son not a citizen? Gotta get him that Certificate of Birth Abroad man.
Not yet. I talked to someone at the embassy who told me that my son could apply himself for American citizenship when he was 18 or older if he can show that he is the child of an American citizen. Since our family life is here in China we have been raising him Chinese and leaving the option for him to choose later in life.

Not yet. I talked to someone at the embassy who told me that my son could apply himself for American citizenship when he was 18 or older if he can show that he is the child of an American citizen. Since our family life is here in China we have been raising him Chinese and leaving the option for him to choose later in life.
what's it like being Chinese?

probably like a quarter of my u.s salary but they couldn't pay me to leave california for 105 degree thailand I rather actually go to mexico to live than SEA.
I’ve lived in both, depends on where but I might prefer Mexico. Hard choice both have thier pluses

I live in Thailand. Moved here about 2 years ago.

In the Op you didn't give any detail. Such as, how long you plan to live here, the lifestyle you want have, etc. Need more info to give a detailed answer.

Having said that, yes, you could live here with 10 grand. Not forever, but if you go somewhere in the sticks and live like a rural Thai in a small village, you could live there for many years. But most people aren't really looking for that. Realistically you could live in a place like bangkok, chiang mai, phuket, etc for a few years if you watch your money.

If you like to party, go to bars, meet girls, eat western food, then the money could be gone in less than a year.

I like Mexico more than SEA or even Colombia instead of thailand. the weather doesn't suck as bad better beaches imo.

So both Mexico AND Colombia over SEA...
Am I the only one that sees a cocaine problem here?
Jesus! I never thought that about you!

So both Mexico AND Colombia over SEA...
Am I the only one that sees a cocaine problem here?
Jesus! I never thought that about you!
SEA is for people that like sweet lady heroin .

what are the pluses?
For Mexico?
Better beer
Better food
My Spanish is better than my thi
Shorter flights
Asses
Baja races

For Thailand.
I enjoy tuk tuk rides
I like the nightmarkets there better
In Bangkok you can get just about anywhere or in walking distance of anywhere with the sky train.
Worlds best chicken next door to the old Lumpini stadium(if the chicken place is still there)
Old Lumpini stadium, lots of memories there.

Dump me off in either country and I’d be fine truthfully.

Same can be said for Peru, Argentina , Columbia, equador , Brazil Malaysia actually.

For Mexico?
Better beer
Better food
My Spanish is better than my thi
Shorter flights
Asses
Baja races

For Thailand.
I enjoy tuk tuk rides
I like the nightmarkets there better
In Bangkok you can get just about anywhere or in walking distance of anywhere with the sky train.
Worlds best chicken next door to the old Lumpini stadium(if the chicken place is still there)
Old Lumpini stadium, lots of memories there.

Dump me off in either country and I’d be fine truthfully.

Same can be said for Peru, Argentina , Columbia, equador , Brazil Malaysia actually.
so for chicks is it Argentina, Columbia, Brazil, or Mexico?

So he has hukou and everything?

I've got a 1-bed condo in Pattaya. It just became vacant, so looking for a new tenant if anyone's interested. It is fully furnished with 55" TV, coffee maker, microwave and all other mod-cons. It's in a resort which has massive swimming pools, free WiFi, gym, jacuzzi ETC.
Only 10000 BAHT per month.

Ball park estimate

Couod you do it on 10 grand?

Too many variable. How long? What area? Are you a spender?

I quit my job and moved here. Been living here for 9 months, now looking for something else to do.

Ball park estimate

Couod you do it on 10 grand?
Youd need 3 grand for the (backstreet) reassignment. 4 if you want huge comedy ones. So 6 to keep you going till u meet the German sugerdaddy. Should be enough.

You planning on working there too I presume ?

Had a friend lived and vacationed there for a year. Reckoned it was more expensive than he originally thought. All the money he made just about covered rent, food etc. He was working long hours on a dive boat but doing something that he enjoyed and made some great friends.

A single bed apartment is around 30,000 UK pounds to buy. Guess it depends on how u planning on living.

Cost of living varies dramatically from area to area, and the baht has been on a sharp rise for the last few years.

5 years ago $1aud = 37thb. Today it's $1 = 22tbh.

Back