How much would you be willing to pay for access to all UFC content?

The fight pass search function is kind of a bag of shit , clean that up
Honestly for everything, ppv included 40-50$ a month

Gotta say, I really don’t understand the kind of person that spends time on an mma forum discussing UFC regularly but is unwilling to spend a penny to watch it.

Just curious, let’s say the UFC was to offer a monthly subscription service that offered access to all live cards (including Ppv, prelims, etc.) and their entire past library. The service would be available on all streaming devices with easy, reliable access. What, if anything, would you be willing to pay for a service like this?

If it was 50 a month all fans would be paying for it. I would pay 80 at the Most.

They would have to make it similar to other streaming services. Since it would have access to PPVs also 15-20 a month would be good pricing. That's the direction everything will eventually go. PPVs will be obsolete in the future. With the streaming service you can get more people willing to pay for a monthly subscription compared to an expensive PPV price. Look what HBO Max is doing with it's streaming service, the movies are being released directly on their streaming platform the same time it's released in movies. Disney+ is also doing the same thing but adding an extra price for newly released movies or wait until they release it on the platform without the extra fee. They can do the Disney+ model at first, it would make the transition from PPV to streaming service much easier overall. They can charge an additional price on top of the monthly price to watch the event live instead of waiting a week or 2 before it's released. The extra price will be cheaper compared to regular PPV price so most people wouldn't mind paying the extra charge in order to watch the card live. So you add that with that monthly subscription and it's not that far off with what the UFC is currently charging with their PPVs. It may be a little cheaper but that price drop may get them more purchases overall compared to a higher price where people may choose not to purchase instead. Plus lower monthly subscription would have more overall subscribers so that will make up for the PPV anyways since these will be monthly charges that will be going on all year compared to trying to get people to just pay for a PPV here and there.

Only problem with this is that they already have the ESPN deal and UFC Fight Pass. They would have to rework all that and renegotiate a contract with ESPN/Disney in order to do that in the future.

If it was 50 a month all fans would be paying for it. I would pay 80 at the Most.
50 a month is too high. You wouldn't get a lot of people paying for that. How many PPVs are in a month? The goal is to make it less to have more people willing to subscribe. Not have the price higher and have less people subscribe.

30 - 35 a month

We've got a service similar to that in Brazil, it costs about 9 dollars a month, plus it covers PFL and ONE, plus some regional shows.

I do think you're right, but I still think they have a huge piracy problem to deal with before they can really unlock their potential value. The price is the easier thing to handle though, they really should just test it out, set one ppv at $20 bucks with headliner they know how much he/she typically draws and see where they end up.

Netflix and Spotify were among the first to demonstrate reasonable pricing, easy access and a good user experience is how you win over pirates.

A UFC PPV is not only obscenely expensive for average people, but its already behind a paywall. You have to pay $6/month just for the ability to then buy a $65/event PPV.

If we drew a Venn diagram there would be a substantial overlap between people currently pirating and those would would pay $25/month subscription.

Netflix and Spotify were among the first to demonstrate reasonable pricing, easy access and a good user experience is how you win over pirates.

A UFC PPV is not only obscenely expensive for average people, but its already behind a paywall. You have to pay $6/month just for the ability to then buy a $65/event PPV.

If we drew a Venn diagram there would be a substantial overlap between people currently pirating and those would would pay $25/month subscription.
Couldn’t agree more, and Netflix and Spotify are good examples. I do like the Spotify example even more considering how commonplace music piracy was. I still remember getting a CD burner when they came out and went crazy.

We already had this in Mexico, not sure if it still exists. Satellite tv provider over here offered a channel that cost around 10 usd maybe less. It was called ufc network and it showed every event, every tuf, everything.

Eventually they changed the channel name and then I canceled my service altogether so I don’t know.

it was good to have.

the smart move is to purchase the service only the month that you know a good event is going to happen. So if this service you are proposing existed then just subscribe the month you have a good ppv event and cancel right after.

that way you are paying for 10usd PPV

Last edited:
Gotta say, I really don’t understand the kind of person that spends time on an mma forum discussing UFC regularly but is unwilling to spend a penny to watch it.

Some will even complain about the level of integrity of the content they are stealing.

At the $50 per month/$500 per year price range, it would remove any temptation to watch an illegal stream for me.

$9.99 a month for all male content.
Agreed. I want the mens only. Not likely though. Soon we will have trans fights on all cards. Guess who would be headlining.
Edit, i would pay maybe ten bucks a month.

$200 -250 per year seems about right. I generally buy 4-5 ppv per year probably and have espn+. So this would save me some cash for sure

That depends... is it not edited garbage like it is on Fight Pass?

Back