How much would two consecutive losses hurt McGregor's stock?

I would like see Nate winning again, but then I think about Holloway and I feel bad about him. So I hope Conor wins a razor sharp controversial decision, vacates the FW title, goes for Eddie's belt at LW and then we can have a proper FW tittle fight between the blessed and the most salty fighter in the UFC.

PS: I think Conor has a good chance against Eddie (better than against Nate). He is way too hittable (and Conor is a sniper), I don't think he has the reach advantage against Conor and in a 5 rounds fight is hard to make the perfect gameplan against a talented striker unless you are in the best night of your life (RDA vs Pettis) or unless you come from Dagestan

His stock is fine.
Check the hits on the media devoted to him and the videos he puts out.
Look at the money he is making.
He says something about WWE and there is a twitter storm.
If DC or Mighty Mouse did that, it would be crickets.

A lot, but most fighters don't believe he can win and majority on here for instance don't believe he can win, so if he loses what happened was expected. Nate is the bigger guy at 170 so it does not matter if he loses. Conor may have ruined hes mystic image, but there is still interesting fights to make at 145 and 155..
Nate is ranked in the LW division which is 155. He is unranked in the WW division. This is a catch weight fight at 170 so the weight cut is a non issue i.e. they get to eat whatever the want. Fight camp for lucky people. Anybody who thinks this is a WW fight is a moron, nut-hugger or both.

If he wins, you know we are going to have way more white belts with a McGregor referenced username or AV come August 21. Haaaa

The McGregor fans that are on here now are pretty cool and level headed for the most part.
Thanks buddeh i appreciate

You actually think that fight will happen? Hahaha!

It fuckin better

If he doesn't end up defending that belt then his name should be stricken from the record or list of champions

If he wins, you know we are going to have way more white belts with a McGregor referenced username or AV come August 21. Haaaa

The McGregor fans that are on here now are pretty cool and level headed for the most part.

rrr.gif

Thanks buddeh i appreciate

No problem, you barely made it. Haaaaaaa. The cutoff date is August 19. Any new McGregor fans after that............the less said the better.

It fuckin better

If he doesn't end up defending that belt then his name should be stricken from the record or list of champions
I'm convinced him defending his belt was NEVER going to happen. Nate fk'd McG's and the UFC's plans and their only hope is that McG can win the rematch to erase the loss.

The only hope for him to defend that strap is for him to lose to Nate again AND for his finances to be in shambles. He'd have to defend the title for the cash flow.

None. I think he's only fighter with guaranteed 10m a fight according to Frank. He could lose next 5 and still get paid same. Pretty good deal if you can get it.

I'm convinced him defending his belt was NEVER going to happen. Nate fk'd McG's and the UFC's plans and their only hope is that McG can win the rematch to erase the loss.

The only hope for him to defend that strap is for him to lose to Nate again AND for his finances to be in shambles. He'd have to defend the title for the cash flow.

You know that wouldn't erase the loss

If Conor somehow wins they are even and need a third

When nate wins well ... fuck best 3 out of 5

Then best 4 out of 7

best 5 out of 9

And they will be fighting each other for the next 10 years

You know that wouldn't erase the loss

If Conor somehow wins they are even and need a third

When nate wins well ... fuck best 3 out of 5

Then best 4 out of 7

best 5 out of 9

And they will be fighting each other for the next 10 years
Agreed on it not erasing the loss to fans like you and I. But the UFC propaganda machine will push it to the masses as an erase.

They would hurt it a lot. One defeat has already broken it really. But try 3 defeats when Aldo beats him as well and that will bury the hype for good.

The age of UFC superstars is over.

I think that if he can go back to 145 and mount a successful title defense 2 losses at 155 won't really matter. But IMO he really wants to move to 155 and another loss to Nate will be a reality check in that regard and he will be stuck having to make that brutal weight cut.

I don't think his next loss is gonna hurt his stock much with the casual McSpermgurgglers because they like the taste of his peepee. As for the rest of us hardcore longtime fans, we knew that he has no business at 155 in the first place so I don't think it hurts his stock with the majority of us either.

War Diaz!

Won't hurt Conor since rematch is at 170, like people said, this protects his image since fights at 170 are "courage" fights, LOL.

Back