How much would two consecutive losses hurt McGregor's stock?

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The tone of casuals towards Conor has shifted a lot since his defeat... and his ability to talk trash (and sell his image) has taken a hit too. Of course it's difficult to talk shit when you're the guy who "got his ass beat".

The aura of invincibility is gone... and I just don't see the masses too keen to see Conor rematch with Aldo, a smaller man he's already KO'd, if he goes on a losing streak...

Do we really want to see him cut an absurd amount of weight to defend his belt after 2 losses in a row at his walk around weight?

So, he better win...

What is wrong with your brain where you were like "yeah lets post a thread about conor mcdonalds" and then you did it

Not as bad as when he loses 3 times after the rematch with Aldo

Not as bad as when he loses 3 times after the rematch with Aldo

I don't get that. He wins the rematch with Aldo (obviously, as he's simply better than Aldo) and then he goes on to lose 3 fights?

Too speculative, imo...

I don't get that. He wins the rematch with Aldo (obviously, as he's simply better than Aldo) and then he goes on to lose 3 fights?

Too speculative, imo...
Look at this skinny PC nerd with zero fight training, pretending he knows who is better

His stock has already plummeted after his last loss. The amount of Conor nutthuggers on here went down at least 70%..Which was refreshing..

if the fight was at LW and Conor loses, his stocks wouldve dropped hell a lot more.

His stock won't be too bad. Throw in a ham hock, some onion and herbs and baby you got a stew going.

Too speculative, imo...
How is he simple better than Aldo ? If you ko someone with one punch doesnt mean your simply better than him, it means he got caught.

Too speculative, imo...

Leave my grammar out of this it did nothing to you

His stock has already plummeted after his last loss. The amount of Conor nutthuggers on here went down at least 70%..Which was refreshing..

If he wins, you know we are going to have way more white belts with a McGregor referenced username or AV come August 21. Haaaa

The McGregor fans that are on here now are pretty cool and level headed for the most part.

How is he simple better than Aldo ? If you ko someone with one punch doesnt mean your simply better than him, it means he got caught.

True. He could at least have used a couple of punches.

If he loses to Nate again, the UFC can't sell McPanic as a 155 contender. Conor will make his living at 145 as the champ or elite contender because he is a nobody at 155 and the banter about 3 belts at once is the stupidest thing I ever heard from a fighter. McPanic would absolutely get blasted if he fought a Top 10 Welterweight. Woodley, Wonderboy, Lawler, GSP, MacDonald, Condit, Maia, etc. Even guys in the next tier like Hendricks, Gastelum, Magny, Larkin, etc. would tool McPanic. I personally would love to see McGregor try to back up his talk and fight a real WW at 170 or maybe a catch weight with GSP at 160 if McGregor is still relevant by the time that fight could be arranged. The problem is that McGregor's star power drops considerably if he loses to Nate again. The UFC keeps trying to call this a WW fight, but the reality is that Nate is a LW fighter who made his living at 155. He is borderline elite (Top 5 to 10), but never held the belt at 155. Conor will need to get back to cutting weight if he wants to be relevant. Diaz needs to finish the fight, as the judge's score cards could definitely be weird to protect the UFC's leprechaun if it goes the distance.

If he loses to Aldo after Diaz, he'd be done. I'm sure he'd know he could never draw what he could have before. As he's said, he's in to get rich quick and get out. After two loses to Diaz and then losing the FW belt, what else could he do? People would mock him forever.

A lot, but most fighters don't believe he can win and majority on here for instance don't believe he can win, so if he loses what happened was expected. Nate is the bigger guy at 170 so it does not matter if he loses. Conor may have ruined hes mystic image, but there is still interesting fights to make at 145 and 155..

It will hurt it alot. But vacating the FW belt will be the final nail in his coffin. He'll be relegated to gatekeeper status in LW, and his huggers will disappear once, and for all.

Back