how much whey do YOU eat?

A

anti_clwntwn**

how much whey are you guys downing per day? I'm always trying to find affordable and varied protein sources, but no matter which way i cut it, whey is still the cheapest per serving. I started to eat a lot of egg whites recently, but in order to get a decent amount of protein, i have to eat 250g (25gs protein). It's 2.99 for 500g, so its 1.50 per "serving".

my optimum whey (which is one of the most expensive whey's around) is .77 cents per serving. Each serving contains 22g of protein.

so fuck this, i'm eating the whey its got more bcaa's and glutamine anyhow. This means i'll be pushing 6 scoops on workout days.

anyone eating this much whey?

i dont know how much whey is in muscle milk, but i drink it in the morning, post workout, and bed time

4-6 scoops a day

probably 4-6 a day when I workout. 4 on a normal day, 2 scoops in breakfast, 2 in my food shake.

so about 180g a day of whey, so only about 120g of active protein.

~Foz

6 scoops of Optimum nutrition pro complex. 2 morning 2 after workout and 2 before bed.

Only PWO that's it. No need any other time.

I eat about 40-50g of whey on workout days and 15-30g of casein every day. I don't really eat whey unless I'm working out.

Sometimes I'll down a scoop in milk if I feel like eating waffles or something and don't want to make a protein to go with it.

Workout days probably around 80g, non workout maybe 40.

With similar workloads, I saw no noteworthy difference in body composition or weight during a transition from a couple of years of 1.5-2g per pound BW protein daily (whole food sources plus 60-120g of powdered protein, including whey), measured calories, nutrient timing, P+F/P+C meals, and my current uncalculated and unplanned diet of largely healthy produce and meats, with a significantly larger amount of unhealthy food and sugary drinks peri-workout. Some days I may get 60g of protein, others 200g. All animal protein in natural form, with the only powders I ingest being Gatorade and the occasional Ovaltine.

Why do I post this response? It is my opinion that the years I spent consuming high volume powdered supplemental products was completely unnecessary and ridiculous. Unless an individual is looking to gain a substantial amount of weight, I see no place for these products outside of the peri-workout period. If money is the issue, taking an interest in cooking will help a great deal.

I am either IF going into a workout or IF anyways and don't workout and eat real food. People like Fozzy are wasting time and money. it's really pretty simple.

I am either IF going into a workout or IF anyways and don't workout and eat real food. People like Fozzy are wasting time and money. it's really pretty simple.

I was thinking the same thing. 180g of whey a day? WHY?

It's a supplement, it is supposed to SUPPLEMENT what you're already doing. Not become the majority

With similar workloads, I saw no noteworthy difference in body composition or weight during a transition from a couple of years of 1.5-2g per pound BW protein daily (whole food sources plus 60-120g of powdered protein, including whey), measured calories, nutrient timing, P+F/P+C meals, and my current uncalculated and unplanned diet of largely healthy produce and meats, with a significantly larger amount of unhealthy food and sugary drinks peri-workout. Some days I may get 60g of protein, others 200g. All animal protein in natural form, with the only powders I ingest being Gatorade and the occasional Ovaltine. Why do I post this response? It is my opinion that the years I spent consuming high volume powdered supplemental products was completely unnecessary and ridiculous. Unless an individual is looking to gain a substantial amount of weight, I see no place for these products outside of the peri-workout period. If money is the issue, taking an interest in cooking will help a great deal.

Interesting post, Art. Am I wrong to assume you train "heavy" at least once a day?

Heavy being an hour of sparring/rolling/lifting/interval work etc.

Oh for the record, 1 scoop after my morning workout, and if I'm training for more than an hour at night, then 1 then too. Mainly because it's almost an hour from training till when I get home, so I need something.

PWO is valid. But seriously food should make up your protein diet. Fish,beef, chicken, etc. Some of your diets are flat out horrible.

Hmmm...usually 1 scoop of ON PWO with oats. Sometimes I toss it in a anytime time shake with blueberries and spinach,but that's cause I'm currently broke.

Interesting post, Art. Am I wrong to assume you train "heavy" at least once a day?

Heavy being an hour of sparring/rolling/lifting/interval work etc.

I have trained roughly 10-15 hours a week of boxing, grappling, strength and conditioning. The past couple years have been highly similar. They are not completely identical, but very close. While I increased focus on grappling over striking, I did and continue to do both the majority of the week. I have trained for competition using both "diets," made weight with both, and competed with both. I have had periods of "intense" training of ~20hrs weekly training under both methods of eating. It's not a perfect test, but it satisfies my own curiosity.

I was thinking the same thing. 180g of whey a day? WHY?

It's a supplement, it is supposed to SUPPLEMENT what you're already doing. Not become the majority

It's a complete protein source. Anything you use to assist you in your diet could be considered a supplement. It is by no means the majority of my protien intake though.

lmao wasting money?

because a) I like to add protein to my oats+fruit for breakfast,

b) I like to add protein to my fruit shake which is in general lacking protein?

I eat real food, chicken/fish/kangaroo for my dinner/lunch/other servings, 4 eggs a day in either scrambled or an omelet with spinach. This is just the way I like to eat, and can afford to eat.

I could just as easily throw raw eggs into my shake, or boil some up for breakfast to eat on the side with my oats. I choose not too.

Hmmm...usually 1 scoop of ON PWO with oats. Sometimes I toss it in a anytime time shake with blueberries and spinach,but that's cause I'm currently broke.

Exactly the same as me, but I have 2 scoops instead of one because I'd rather 48g of protein as apposed to 24g.

I also tend to work out everyday when not injured, if not twice a day.

~Foz

Back