how much whey do YOU eat?

With various studies showing that protein synthesis can be elevated for upwards of 24 hours PWO, is it even necessary to take whey PWO anymore (short of rapid replenishment for a second daily workout)?

I've personally cut my powder intake down drastically. I only take one scoop PWO now. If I take a powder at any other time, it's a blend. I also prefer blends to use in recipes, like GN Desserts.

Whey or a derivative will always be in my PWO meal

With various studies showing that protein synthesis can be elevated for upwards of 24 hours PWO, is it even necessary to take whey PWO anymore (short of rapid replenishment for a second daily workout)?

I've personally cut my powder intake down drastically. I only take one scoop PWO now. If I take a powder at any other time, it's a blend. I also prefer blends to use in recipes, like GN Desserts.

I like the blends too, Muscle Milk and BSN' Lean Dessert Vanilla go well in food (and by them selves).

One scoop (25G) of Optimum 100% Whey post workout. On my off days I try to take it right before bed.

You takw whey before bed? Why? Seriously man you need to spend some time in the stickies.

What Vedic said.

And, speaking of seriously, your (626) AV is Seriously Awesome.

I guess I'll switch to in the morning on non workout days. Good/bad?

1 Scoop in the morning with oats, 2 scoops post-workout.

I try to get as much of my daily protein from whole foods though.

e.g. 2-3 handfuls of almonds throughout the day, usually chicken or tuna at lunch, egg whites in the evening, cottage cheese before bed.

2 scoops a day - 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening.

200mg whey by way of isopure perfect.. per day

*ignores rest of thread*

Back in the day, I used to down 2 shakes, which each contained 4 scoops of ~25g per scoop whey protein, and around 12 ounces of whole milk.

I now take 1 shake a day, which contains 10oz of skim milk and 2 scoops of ~25g per scoop whey protein (same brand) per day.

My strength has increased, while I have dropped around 17 pounds.

^^ HAHA! I use to be the same way. :)

Yeah man, it's funny how clueless I used to be about Nutrition.

*sigh*

I still am actually, I am just learning by trial and error. I'll be spending more time here.

theres gotta be a better way to eat cottage cheese

theres gotta be a better way to eat cottage cheese

taken from john berardi:

Ingredients

1 cup Carb Countdown Dairy Beverage, Chocolate 2%

1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese

2 tablespoons natural peanut butter

1 1/2 cup ice

Splenda, to taste

Instructions

Add all of the ingredients to a blender and process on medium to high for 30 seconds, until smooth and creamy

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Difficulty Level: Easy

Servings: 1

Back