How much does your Laptop Cost?

I had an issue with that as well, you need to buy a cooling pad. My 15 inch HP doesnt have an issue with cooling though neither did my last 17 HP laptop which I only used for about 6 months before I ruined it by messing up the screen because of the way I was holding it.

Those HPs don't seem to be holding up well. About 15 years ago, 3 of my friends had HP laptops and they ALL were a POS after a few months. Never looked at HP after that.

Those HPs don't seem to be holding up well. About 15 years ago, 3 of my friends had HP laptops and they ALL were a POS after a few months. Never looked at HP after that.

For me they have always handled well. The problem is that I always ruin them by picking them up too much and moving it from room to room. The longest I had 1 was for 2 years but I am sure it would have lasted much much longer if I hadnt picked it up as much as I did.

Bought an Acer Predator Helios 300 back in December for ~$1300

i7 9750
Nvidia 1660 Ti
16 GB DDR4 RAM
512 GB SSD
144hz Panel
Emergency turn into a vacuum cleaner button, turbo button cranks up the overclocking and turns the fans on full blast and this thing has quite the set of fans on it.

For me they have always handled well. The problem is that I always ruin them by picking them up too much and moving it from room to room. The longest I had 1 was for 2 years but I am sure it would have lasted much much longer if I hadnt picked it up as much as I did.

That's how I use all my laptops. I'm on the one I currently use quite often for work and play. And, I always move it form room to room. It's on 2.5 years with almost noting wrong with it. The only minor thing is that the outer metal case on the bottom got ever so slightly bent and when the screen is open at the right angle with the fan on a lot, the fan hits the case and rumbles a bit. But, that doesn't happen that often and I need to open it up and bend it back a bit one day.

Dell latitude 5300 from work costs about £800 new good spec.

That's how I use all my laptops. I'm on the one I currently use quite often for work and play. And, I always move it form room to room. It's on 2.5 years with almost noting wrong with it. The only minor thing is that the outer metal case on the bottom got ever so slightly bent and when the screen is open at the right angle with the fan on a lot, the fan hits the case and rumbles a bit. But, that doesn't happen that often and I need to open it up and bend it back a bit one day.

I move though when the laptop is open as to not have to log back in, you do the same? it's why I always ruin laptops.

I'm with @fizban, I love my Acer Chromebook 15s. I get a top of the line model every two & a half to three years & I've done so since 2014. I just bought my third one about a month ago. They're perfect for my needs.

I'm still surprised the older generation hasn't embraced Chromebooks. My non tech savvy dad has one and loves it. It's simple, does everything he needs it too, and there's virtually no maintenance.

HP for work, ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 6 for play. It was a custom (the Lenovo) so it was around $1,500 all in. Fantastic laptop.

I'm still surprised the older generation hasn't embraced Chromebooks. My non tech savvy dad has one and loves it. It's simple, does everything he needs it too, and there's virtually no maintenance.

Yeah & they last a good long while too. The reason I replace mine every couple of years is because I use mine so much that I burn out the batteries & I like to get the latest versions. After which I give my old ones to someone who doesn't mind leaving them plugged in while using them. Both of my old ones are still in use by the people that I gave them to. I love the things.

yeah thats my only issue with the HP, its actually a very nice computer but the thing breaks down, I had 3 of them and each one the fan broke. I even had a cooling fan on one of them :( it was good while it lasted which was 7 months in. I only got the HP because one of the credit cards I had offered a discount of like 100 dollars so id buy.

Do you have one of those bed desks? I mainly browse on my bed and have the TV on when home.

Also should I start removing my battery if Im using laptop for long time to save the battery life and just plug in the AC.

Do you remove the battery if you plugin the ac when you use the laptop for gaming and prolonged use or do you keep it in at all times when plugging in the ac?
I keep it in as much as possible.
My old cheap laptops went out instantly when the battery was removed.
I just removed the battery of my high quality laptop and it says it will last 2u30.

Its better to plug the battery in all the time imho.

I was using a Surface Pro 3 but got tired of the keyboard and bought a brand new previous gen Lenovo Ideapad 330 for $215 to get me by for a while. It sucks but it'll do until I buy a Surface Book.

I was using a Surface Pro 3 but got tired of the keyboard and bought a brand new previous gen Lenovo Ideapad 330 for $215 to get me by for a while. It sucks but it'll do until I buy a Surface Book.

Refurbed Book's are pretty affordable now.

Do you have one of those bed desks? I mainly browse on my bed and have the TV on when home.

Also should I start removing my battery if Im using laptop for long time to save the battery life and just plug in the AC.

No, I just lay it on me when I lay down. It doesn't usually get warm unless it's chugging on something.

Refubed Book's are pretty affordable now.
I've been looking at some. I typically buy refurbs or new of the previous generation. You can get them for half the price. I don't think any laptop is worth what they go for full MSRP

I've been looking at some. I typically buy refurbs or new of the previous generation. You can get them for half the price. I don't think any laptop is worth what they go for full MSRP

Yeah, refurbs are usually good. I've bought a lot of cameras as refurbed and one laptop. I either by refurbed or on sale.

I keep it in as much as possible.
My old cheap laptops went out instantly when the battery was removed.
I just removed the battery of my high quality laptop and it says it will last 2u30.

Its better to plug the battery in all the time imho.
I heard if you plug it in at all times the battery dies out from overcharging

Back