How much does your gym cost?

uppercuts21

Brown Belt
Reaction score
When I was away at school I was paying $20 a month at a boxing club which I thought was amazing for what I got. My trainer was a boxer in the commonwealth games and trains a few provincial champions.

The gym im interested in going to once I recover from an injury is $40 a month and this gym trains IBF Featherweight champion Steve Molitor and is a very good gym with a great reputation.

Oh and I was thinking of going to an MMA gym and had a free trial there and the boxing classes were horrible and it was $100 a month. No thanks.:icon_twis

When I was away at school I was paying $20 a month at a boxing club which I thought was amazing for what I got. My trainer was a boxer in the commonwealth games and trains a few provincial champions.

The gym im interested in going to once I recover from an injury is $40 a month and this gym trains IBF Featherweight champion Steve Molitor and is a very good gym with a great reputation.

Oh and I was thinking of going to an MMA gym and had a free trial there and the boxing classes were horrible and it was $100 a month. No thanks.:icon_twis

Thems the breaks man.

Judo and Boxing are typically cheap and taught by people that have actually competed in the sports. BJJ is typically good but expensive.

Now that "MMA" is popular it is expensive. Some of the MMA gyms are good but many suck and are taught by people that never competed in anything and were calling their Muay Thai class "Cardio Kickboxing" last year.

$100 per month isn't that expensive for an MMA gym in most major metropolitan areas.

My advice...take Judo and Boxing, but hey, that's just me.

100$ mth: Muay Thai, and submission wrestling, classes 6 days a week. I take a boxing class once a week (sometimes,) for a 10$ mat fee.

That;s a steal man. Our gym is $90 for kickboxing and like $140 for MMA.

Anything, outside of pure boxing and judo places, will run at least $100 bucks a month.

With MMA being the flavor of the decade, I won't expect to find much else.

Keep in mind ALOT of boxing gyms are so cheap because in some cases they have programs that subsidize them. If you go to one not subsidized dont expect to get in and train for so cheap.

Rent costs money, plain and simple, and even TKD is 120/month for 2-3 classes a week.

Yeah see I was a little too negative.

The MMA gym offers everything. Boxing, MT, BJJ and wrestling for $100 so thats actually a really good deal.

My biggest problem was the instruction. I mean I attended the boxing class that was supposed to be for people who aspire to be amateur boxers and it was a glorified boxercise class. haha. If I didnt have an amateur background I wouldnt have any idea on how to throw a punch, footwork, defense etc. And the people there were terribly behind. Some of them have been there for 6-7 months and still couldnt throw a proper punch.

Also, Chris Johnson fighting alliance is actually a little more than $40 now because they are at Premier fitness temporarily until their new gym is ready.

So I have to pay Premier fitness a fee as well which I dont mind. I think its like $25.

95 a month, mma, boxing and kickboxing...any class, any time.

Trainers include include :

1 former boxing champ
1 former kickboxing champ
2 former UFC fighters
A couple of really good strength & conditioning trainers
Some cardio/kickboxing trainers for the Laaadddiiieeesss.

Great school and well worth the money. The only negative is that there are no staright Muay Thai/Ju-jitsu trainers.

I suspect you are going to a much better boxing gym than most Sherdoggers have access to.

Its pretty good, dude. Huge facilities, but everythings got that beaten up look like you find in most good places. Great trainers, lots of guys getting ready for fights at any given time. "Contentedness - I has it."

Its pretty good, dude. Huge facilities, but everythings got that beaten up look like you find in most good places. Great trainers, lots of guys getting ready for fights at any given time. "Contentedness - I has it."

Vegas?

I currently pay $260 for a three month unlimited membership. The $260 includes either wraps & gloves (for new members) or $40 credit in the pro shop (can be used for gear or water/gatorade etc). Or simply $90/month. They offer MT classes 6 days a week, bootcamp conditioning 3 days a week and MMA Friday and Saturday. There's also other misc. classes throughout the week (a couple BJJ, couple boxing) but the focus is Muay Thai.

95 a month, mma, boxing and kickboxing...any class, any time.

Trainers include include :

1 former boxing champ
1 former kickboxing champ
2 former UFC fighters
A couple of really good strength & conditioning trainers
Some cardio/kickboxing trainers for the Laaadddiiieeesss.

Great school and well worth the money. The only negative is that there are no staright Muay Thai/Ju-jitsu trainers.

Thats a great deal.

You usually cross-train in all those classes or do you go to one specific one?

$100 a month is a standard monthly fee for unlimited training, usually places have multiple month deals where you save money the longer you join

MT: $25/per month

Boxing: $65/per month plus you train with a WBO world champion. Nothing beats that.

Back