How much do you think the UFC offered Nate Diaz to finally fight again?

Dustin Poirier isn't exactly the highest profile fight for Nate, so it has me wondering how much did the UFC offer Diaz where he finally said yes?

I think either they offered him close to what he was asking for, or maybe he's running out of money and felt kinda forced to take this fight.
Probably 1 million...idk?

I think they are putting McGregor vs Khabib on 230 and told Nate hes backup if Khabib pulls out. Probably negotiated in contract what he would be paid to step in vs Conor.

I doubt Nate fights for less than $2m. The UFC pays it top draws rather more than is often assumed. For example, it was reported that Anderson Silva's payday for the Nick Diaz and Bisping fights was $7m per fight. No idea if that is true, but it was reported at the time.

Dustin Poirier isn't exactly the highest profile fight for Nate, so it has me wondering how much did the UFC offer Diaz where he finally said yes?

I think either they offered him close to what he was asking for, or maybe he's running out of money and felt kinda forced to take this fight.
Very odd, but IMO, a winnable fight for Nate. Will either be a main event or on the same card as the Conor fight. If the UFC can manage to put them both on the same card, Conor and Nate both win, and Diaz v Mcgregor 3 happens for the belt. Imagine how big that would be if those stars aligned.

I honestly think that's way too low for Nate Diaz standards. Unless like I mentioned earlier he's running out of money and has to take this fight for financial reasons.

It wasn't too long ago that they were offering him Woodley. That makes me want to rule out money.

Very odd, but IMO, a winnable fight for Nate. Will either be a main event or on the same card as the Conor fight. If the UFC can manage to put them both on the same card, Conor and Nate both win, and Diaz v Mcgregor 3 happens for the belt. Imagine how big that would be if those stars aligned.
IF those starts align. I can see Diaz beating Poirier, however I can't say the same for McGregor beating Khabib.

Nate probably waited for a favorable matchup.

Dustin is the type of guy Nate could beat up. Dustin crumbles against bullying and Nate has one of those auras.

So even though Dustin should win this one, via being the more active fighter and actually being decent, he'll probably check out mentally and lose.

I think Nate will get a mil flat + a title shot.

Also, he'll probably become the biggest Conor fan ever, cause fuck fighting Khabib for the title :D

Nothing compared to what he made to fight Conor. I don't think he asked for a fight either. Nate has already suffered enough brain trauma throughout his career. He doesn't spend money on flashy stuff either. With a few good investments, he's set for life. Marijuana is fairly cheap anyway.

220px-Ash_Tree_-_geograph.org.uk_-_590710.jpg
+
50-cent-best-musicjpg.jpg

Maybe he finally realized that sitting on the sidelines praying for a Conor fight isn't the best way to spend prime years. Because I just can't imagine uncle Dana went too deep into his pockets to put together a fight against Poirier for him.
Dana always shells out for the few big names tho and with the poor PPVs lately he’s probably desperate hence Brock move and buddying up with Conor in light of court case.

I honestly think that's way too low for Nate Diaz standards. Unless like I mentioned earlier he's running out of money and has to take this fight for financial reasons.
I agree. Dare internet posters say...$500,000 isn’t enough money for Diaz

He’s tasted $1 million and he knows he has some leverage

He may not be running out of money but having that itch where he knows he better have some more coming in. No doubt that it's a solid pay out but I expect not what he was asking. With no 3rd fight with Conor in sight he knows this is a good opportunity for him on what will be a big card.

Nah--This would be a great payday for Nate. There is no evidence--none--that large numbers of people will pay to watch him fight when he is not fighting Conor. If he want real money on this one, it needs to come from PPV sales

It's probably Nate realising sitting around wont get him a shot when contenders are starting to rise up theres Poirier, Ferguson and Conor all to fight for the belt he's behind Conor and Ferguson and he's banking on Conor to fight Khabib and win = title shot, lose = rebound rubber match

Around 500k + some PPV points I guess.
Yah, no way would they give him a mildly to fight Poirier. This is Nate taking one for the team to get another McPanty Pay Day. Also, he waited for Dustin, as he knows Dustin will not take away from his brand, RDA him and sit on him and leg kick him for 3 rounds. Nate' stock goes up with the right fighter = a dood that will stand, bang, not point fight and can be baited in to a brawl. A guy like Eddie, Barboza, Lee and other could all Nate look bad with a game plan, and he needs someone that will phone booth fight him and be afraid to be boo'd.

Nah--This would be a great payday for Nate. There is no evidence--none--that large numbers of people will pay to watch him fight when he is not fighting Conor. If he want real money on this one, it needs to come from PPV sales
There's certainly indications that they are interested. You know UFC has a star returning when an article on them returning goes up on MMA Fighting and it has hundreds of comments with in an hour. The litmus test for a star is to see the social media, media and fan reaction. This is not Conor big, but it is big. Heck, GSP said Diaz or McGregor were the money fights he was seeking......if GSP is chasing a lightweight, they are a big draw.

How.many fights left on Nate's contract?

I was wondering the same thing.

Seeing him fight guys like Daley and Lima in bellator would be a lot of fun

Back